Phantis Forums

SL–R23: PAOK - Olympiakos (25 Feb 18, 19:30 EET)

Blackhawk

Is it not possible for us to apply to play in the Italian system? Start all the way at the bottom and make our way up? 

We wouldn't be the first foreign club to do that. There's lots of clubs throughout the world that play in foreign leagues.

Edited by PAOK17

I'm listening to Metropolis (no doubt biased as it is based in Thessaloniki but still) and apparently:

1) The match doctor said that there was nothing wrong with him (as Ziaka rightfully said)

2) He did not go to a public hospital as one should

3) He went to a private hospital, which apparently is sponsor of Olympiacos (I am not sure about the validity of this point)

Here is a link with the incident. If you zoom it looks like the role is not thrown from the stands but from the ground (I think like the women play softball). Can that be a fan? 

https://www.trollfootball.me/videos/view/paok-vs-olympiakos-has-been-delayed-after-a-roll-of-paper

• Thanks 1

Scotsman, I am so sorry for this. You are now learning that there are only three good things about Greece: the food, holidays and women (as you well know). Everything else is a mess mate.

To think that even a small group flew over from the Frankfurt fan club. What a shame.

12 minutes ago, Dutch Eagle said:

Here is a link with the incident. If you zoom it looks like the role is not thrown from the stands but from the ground (I think like the women play softball). Can that be a fan? 

https://www.trollfootball.me/videos/view/paok-vs-olympiakos-has-been-delayed-after-a-roll-of-paper

Seems pretty clearly from the stands to me...

1 hour ago, PAOK17 said:

I decided to watch a paok game for the first time in years and this happened. I now remember why I stopped watching. 

The most infuriating part is the commentators. None have mentioned how ridiculous the injury sounds. A roll of paper, that has unwound, does not have the power to injure someone no matter how hard its thrown. By the time it unravels and reaches the target nearly all momentum is lost. No one has the balls to call it how it is? 

It'z Theo! 

2 hours ago, PAOK17 said:

I decided to watch a paok game for the first time in years and this happened. I now remember why I stopped watching. 

The most infuriating part is the commentators. None have mentioned how ridiculous the injury sounds. A roll of paper, that has unwound, does not have the power to injure someone no matter how hard its thrown. By the time it unravels and reaches the target nearly all momentum is lost. No one has the balls to call it how it is? 

Nova is red man. I'm going to persuade my father to cancel it at the end of the season and put OTE TV instead. It has all the English and Spanish football plus a much better choice of films.

Finally back in my the flat. Got caught up in the riots after waiting for  over 1 and a half hours I the rain. 

Absalute maddnees, first full on Greek riot with my fiance and getting tear gassed was a romantic way to spend a Sunday night haha. 

I’m just numb right now to be honest. I don’t even know what to say. 

1 minute ago, georgelaz said:

do you think it's possible that olympiakos plants these hooligans to win points? It's an inexpensive way to win the league.

surely PAOK fans can't be that stupid to risk the club winning a title.

I thought the same as soon as it happened. I don’t believe for a second that a PAOK fan threw it. 

• Like it 1

What I find surprising is how afraid Olympiakos were to just play the game.  Seriously, you are in danger of losing the title for the first time in eight years and you behave like this ?!  What a bunch of losers.

To all the people in Austria who woke up to watch this game.  Next time, stay in bed.

To my friend who is in Greece and was at the game, what can I tell you ?  This is SPARTA GREECE.

• Like it 1

2 hours ago, Blackhawk said:

Apparently the match doctor said there was nothing wrong with Garcia. The problem is that the ref did not start the game. And who would expect a member of Gate7 to do so.

It will be interesting to see how this plays out.  In previous years this would be a forgone conclusion.  They'd bash our team, lie, steal and there would be no repercussions.  I don't know what Savvidis can do but he's not the sort of man to just let this go.

Just now, georgelaz said:

such a shame. might have been the best game all season

What very little respect I had for Olympiakos is now completely gone.  Sure, they've had a stink about them in previous years, but by and large, whichever way you look at it, they DID have the best team in Greece.  So all in all, regardless of claims of dodgy referees etc, I could watch and game and perceive that they had the best squad and team in Greece.

And now ?  Now that they possible don't have the best team, now that they are really being tested, they do this.  They should replace their "thrylos" emblem with that of a chicken.  Man up and play the game you pussies.  Axristi.  Dip yia dip.

• Like it 1

After watching the clip again, it is clear that the paper is thrown after everyone else has thrown theirs. Why?

Olympiakos is on the verge of the cliff just waiting to be kicked off. Why throw it? Now we will be on 46 points along with them and that yellow b*&^% AEK will be top. All those months of hard work have now gone to waste because of some idiot.

I feel for Scotsman and the other who flew from different countries to watch the game. I really hope they find who threw it.

Edited by Athens4
-

And what will happen if they do? No repercussions of any sort, that's what. I know the guy who threw the can at Ivic was identified, did anything happen to him?

This guy deserves a lifetime ban. It can't be that hard to locate this person. There were hundreds of cameras there. Make an example of him. And if, somehow, the suggestion from above (as to someone being paid to do it) is true, then *prove it.*

1 hour ago, georgelaz said:

such a shame. might have been the best game all season

Would have been a good one, for sure.

well i stayed up all night to watch this game and ................. tbh i don't know how to feel

i'm over it, well and truly

my 2 cents is that if you were trying to fix a forfeit, you don't rely on the aim of 1 guy in the stand 30m away. 9 times out of 10 he wouldn't hit the target.

Edited by Nea Bafra

The whole story will be if PAOK can prove that Olympiakos' coach was lying. At first that he was hit in the eye, then at the upper lip, then the lower lip. If the doctor of the game said that there is no injury to prevent him from coaching the game and the Olympiakos circus just decided to get him to Diavalkaniko, then they should be punished for that. Now, that he went to Diavalkaniko they will do city scan or pregnancy test, or whatever, and they will conclude he had a carcinoma and the rest, but I am still hopeful as the referee didn't close the game, that means there is still hope...

What else can happen to our cursed team, so we won't win the league? It's really unbelievable!

All I have to say is these gayroi are ΚΟΤΤΕΣ ΛΥΡΑΤΕΣ!

They don't wear pants and they never have!

Picture Panathinaikos or AEK or any other teams withdrawn from a game because their coach(who by the way has spend most of his time in Greece in hospitals and not on the bench coaching) was hit by a cash register paper roll!

They know that they have no team to compete with PAOK and they realized that they could get massacred!

Have no worries!

Come Sunday we will teach them a lesson they will never forget with alll the pistirikades!

• Haha 1

This is too funny actually it is embarrassing . It is a roll of toilet paper , soft enough to wipe our asses with.  Thrown from the standsfrom that distance you have got to be kidding me.  If i am this coach i would feel shamed if i was really in pain, this has to be antics or they know how to play the game to continue with this sharade.  Like another poster mentioned here in the MLS in Toronto there is one corner flag where players get bombarded by paper,streamers by the fans .  This is North American hooliganism and the league says nothing about it.  The fact a game was abandoned for something like this is truly a joke.  

This is embarrassing, only in Greece where matches are forfeit due to towel papers deemed as "dangerous objects". LOL! 
Despite the fact I support Olympiakos, I really hope the league come down hard on Marinakis and those goons.