Phantis Forums

Greece - Croatia ( Round 2, 2nd Leg - 12 Nov. 2017, Giorgos Karaiskaki, Piraeus)

Greekaroos

52 minutes ago, Omonoia9 said:

Against Ivory Coast in Brazil? That's about it.

and everyone even complained about that, all my non Greek mates said that it was never a penalty.

No one gives Greece a fair go. Even after we win the Euro everyone said only negative things.

On that note, how about this Scottish commentator and his sly remarks about our team? He said that the fans cheering about the (brilliant tbh) overhead kick clearance and said what good is that why are they cheering

Fk of you tosser you wish your Scottish national team had a player like Manolas and could do that.

THis game is evidence of how HUGE losing Manolas was in the first leg.

Would have been a whole different game (and of course Torosidis)

• Like it 1

Did you guys hear the announcers? It's not just us and the fans in Greece bitiching about Skibbe "Skibbe will have to sit hard and think about why he choose that style in Zagreb in the first lag when his players were not use to that style as that surely cost them the playoffs"

Fire this ass clown right f-ing now! 

Gianniotas is out there turning Croatians inside out and you're telling me he couldn't have helped us against Bosnia and Belgium??? Nevermind that, he makes 3 subs and doesn't take off even 1 defensive midfielder??? And he takes off f-ing Laz....ya,god forbid we have 2 wingers on at the same time, then we might cause the Croatians some real headaches and actually make them defend. 

• Like it 1

The game was lost in the first leg! Unfortunately we don't have a midfield a play maker! Even with players like tasos donis we still have a missing link between our defence and our strikers! We work very hard to even score! Had we got a result in Croatia maybe it would be a different story however we still would of encountered the same problems in Russia! Unfortunately we now can only look towards euro 2020 the quicker the next 8 months pass the better but let's hope some junior play maker steps up for us! Why the fa don't help feftazidis and ninis is beyond me! When u produce juniors like them u need to embrace them and ensure there future is bright! 

3 minutes ago, georgelaz said:

fifa truly screwed us with manolas ban.

bakasetas sucks he's slow and doesn't make up for his pace with anything.

although pelkas skied it he offers way more for us.

He was explaining it to the Croat , I just caught they would not let me play FIFA. I gotta go back and see what else I can pick up. Seems like this is deeper than we know. Wow. 

Skibbe has to go bottom line.... We cannot keep him... Two of the most important games that we've played two years for and he starts Tziolis both games... he. Utile a defensive style again but he's clueless on who to play where and when.. EPO will not resign him... So now we wait until September until the Nation cup starts..

All I want is Skibbe to leave. 

Tziolis out. Tzavellas out. Maniatis out. 

Gianniotas and Pelkas need to be in this team. Who else do we have? Lazaros didnt play well and Tachtsidis didnt show up like I expected him to.

The defence is fine. The midfield needs a shake up. 

1 minute ago, gsots said:

Nevermind that, he makes 3 subs and doesn't take off even 1 defensive midfielder??? And he takes off f-ing Laz....

I DONT GET IT.............

ANYWAY, WE DID OUR BEST. WOULD HAVE NICE TO CHEER A GOAL OR TWO BUT WE JUST DONT HAVE THE FIREPOWER TO PLAY A FORWARD GAME...POOR SPACING, PASSES WITHOUT PURPOSE, LACK OF FIELD AWARENESS , ETC ETC ETC .....

CROATIA IS VERY BEATABLE. THATS THE FRUSTRATING PART. AT EVEN STRENGTH IT WAS A 50/50 PROPOSItION. WE GAVE THEM AN EARLY CHRISTMAS GIFT - BUT HEY THATS SOCCER. 

WELL FOLKS AS PROMISED YESTERDAY I SHUT OFF THE TV AND AM GOING TO THE GYM - CHEST/BACK YES....SUPERSETS, COMING HOME PLAYING TAVLI WITH MY SON, EATING DINNER, WATCHING A MOVIE AND CRASHING. 

MONDAY GOING TO WORK. 

WHY DO I SAY ALL THIS? BECAUSE LIFE GOES ON....

ITS BEEN REAL FOLKS. A VERY EARLY HAPPY HOLIDAYS TO ALL OF YOU AND HAPPY HEALTHY NEW YEAR....

ALL THE BEST !!!!!!

• Like it 2

The whole aim of the tie was to get a 0-0 or 1-1 in Croatia and then get a similar result at home, that all went out the window with no manolas in the 1st leg, a less then 100% papastathopoulos and no torosidis as he is a superstar compared to maniatis, as soon as we lost our A grade defensive line it was over for us.

those guys at the back deserve so much better, we have such an incredible luxury with them and yet we can't do s%$#! because everything up the field is trash. Zeca can hold his he's down up high as can gianiottas for coming in and having the guts to take the Croatian players on now, and that needs to be the future going forward, we need kids in this team that have the guts to go out and play without fear, this robotic formula simply has to end now. 

• Like it 1

What an absolute joke, I can't believe what I just watched. I'm more livid at this than I was last game. Like, this is literally something out of a family guy episode cause it's so ridiculous 

Edited by gsots

1 hour ago, gk2033 said:

I would agree to disagree. Classy keep watching the game, the croats are playing. Classy with the flopping and actions. 

I didn't say the Croats were classy I said it is not classy for our fans to boo the Anthem of another country.

NO MATTER WHO WE PLAY

Edited by paokara777
  • Like it 1

The lack of intensity and care for the game should infuriate every fan, we had corners where we somehow ended up with the ball back with the keeper, the refusal to lift the tempo at any point in the game, some free kicks we won it even looked like we were time wasting. From an attitude point of view this was worse then the 1st game. As I said during the game pretty gutless.

• Like it 1

Wow. Anyone just listen to Skibbe's interview? They asked him if he would be the coach for our next campaign, and he said "Of Course." In a very confident way.

They ask him very light questions in these interviews. I'm surprised the Greek media doesn't grill him they way they grill coaches in the Superleague haha. My question, "Why did Tziolis play two full 90 minute games?"

• Like it 1
  • Haha 1

Another tournament no Greece. Summer will be painful lol

Get use to it boys and girls. Because 2003-2014 was a golden age. Especially Portugal 04 and to a lesser extent but still amazing Brazil14. We won't qualify again for a long time. It's going to be like the 80's and 90's.  Maybe worse lol

we keep going down in the rankings, our FA is corrupt, our clubs are broke with no proper youth facilities. 

When we won in 2004 I thought this was it.  We had reached the big time. Things were going to change. Investment, infrastructure. But nothing. F*** em

• Like it 1

5 minutes ago, Torontoblue said:

Another tournament no Greece. Summer will be painful lol

Get use to it boys and girls. Because 2003-2014 was a golden age. Especially Portugal 04 and to a lesser extent but still amazing Brazil14. We won't qualify again for a long time. It's going to be like the 80's and 90's.  Maybe worse lol

we keep going down in the rankings, our FA is corrupt, our clubs are broke with no proper youth facilities. 

When we won in 2004 I thought this was it.  We had reached the big time. Things were going to change. Investment, infrastructure. But nothing. F*** em

I agree with u 100% we need investment! But in all honesty do u think the croats have investment or infrastructure! The problem is with us we are too laid back! The kids in other nations are hungry for success we in Greece want it all without trying 

Edited by Megas

ffs stop this negativity. croatia have always been superior in terms of talent AND AS THE COMMENTATOR POINTED OUT we will not always deal with more talented teams than us (belgium, croatia). draw was awful, we could have gotten the swiss or denmark. 

if you were a bit informed you'd probably know btw that euros 2020 will be a great chance to qualify either from the nations league or the group stage(first 2 are there automatically).we'll be there hopefully with more offensive options.

• Dutch Eagle pinned, unpinned and locked this topic