Phantis Forums

Croatia - Greece ( Round 2, 1st Leg, 9 Nov. 2017, Stadion Maksimir, Zagreb )

Greekaroos

4 minutes ago, trotsk13 said:

Someone give me hope the 2022 qualifying might go better....

Lets talk about 2020 first.

We got some promising players who need to mature like Stafylidis Donis Retsos and we will still have Sokratis Manolas Fortounis and Mitroglou. Now that really is a very disappointing discussion right now.

Imo, you can't blame individual players. The problem is that the team as a whole lacks cohesiveness, discipline, and consistency. All three can be cultivated by the team's coach. I wonder how much training, practice, and organization Skibbe has put in with this team? Based on their performance overall, I would guess very little. They need a better coach that can effectively organize and play up the strengths of the team. I hope they do not renew his contract after this fiasco.

• Like it 1

2 minutes ago, as5664 said:

Imo, you can't blame individual players. The problem is that the team as a whole lacks cohesiveness, discipline, and consistency. All three can be cultivated by the team's coach. I wonder how much training, practice, and organization Skibbe has put in with this team? Based on their performance overall, I would guess very little. They need a better coach that can effectively organize and play up the strengths of the team. I hope they do not renew his contract after this fiasco.

everytime I watch a video of the ethniki training and even any videos leading up the matchday they all look like there on a holiday. birthdays dinners and stroll in the park

Edited by Megas
  • Like it 1

1 minute ago, Megas said:

everytime I watch a video of the ethniki training and even any videos leading up the matchday they all look like there on a holiday. birthdays dinners and stroll in the park

Dude yes! I've seen this too! Their official fb and twitter accounts. Even this morning, and of course mentioning it's cold in Zagreb. They had the excuses all set.

Just now, trotsk13 said:

Fortounis done anything memorable the entire qualifying?

I don't think so. Another thing to remember, we wouldn't be here if not for a gift from Cyprus beating Bosnia-Herzegovina in Lefkosia back in August. Bad signs.

1 minute ago, Megas said:

Fourtounis for me was good in euro2012. I haven't seen anything great of him since he moved to olympiacos

Yeah well, if everyone who was good 5 years ago.......you see where I'm going with this

1 minute ago, J1078 said:

All I wanted was for Sunday's game to be meaningful ffs but Instead we concede In one game almost the same amount of goals we conceded the entire campaign..

mate sundays game is going to be a walk in the park who in there right mind will buy a ticket now.

• Lazarus unfeatured this topic
  • Dutch Eagle pinned, unpinned and locked this topic