Phantis Forums

Greece vs Gibraltar (10 Oct. 2017, 21:45 EET - Karaiskakis Stadium, Piraeus)

Greekaroos

A part of me thinks Italy would be our easiest opponents as the games I've seen them play they looked like s%$#!... They are hhavung internal issues and this may be the time if any to play them. Yes we tied Estonia but they tied Macedonia and were lucky against Albania... my only concern is if we play the Italians will it be officiated fairly as fifa want Italy in the show as they draw a lot of income especially in ratings.. other than that I do think we can beat them..

Come to think of it, that is the one thing we are concerned about playing  Italy. The mafia from FIFA will do anything under their power to stop anyone  from qualifying. 

Edited by Molon Lave

greece vs. italy playoff games would be wild but I'd rather any of the other teams.

remember this is playoffs. so we HAVE to win at least one of the games. they have a solid defense and our offense is not sharp. they're very similar to us but just a higher level.

• Like it 1

Overall.

A good performance from defence midfield and attacking mids. All of them were creative Mantalos Fortounis and Gianniotas.

Stafylidis has started to feel the no playtime he has at Augsburg. His crosses used to be gold or at least most of them. In this match he had only 3-4 good and the lucky one with Gianniotas Goal.

Lazaros disappointed. The Lazaros meme ended. I still believe he deserves a spot as on his day he can take on better opponents too as he is unpredictable as a player. However, today he just disapointed. Could do nothing and looked out of sync with the team. Hardly helped. I believe the Mantalos-Fortounis-Donis trio behind Mitroglou is our best for starters.

Torosidis proved once again how good and how much of a key player he is. People may talk about Bakakis but he is not there yet, and might never be and do the career of Torosidis.

Mitroglou disappointed me as well. Hoping this was due to injury and no playtime since June but he really disappointed. He scored 2 goals but missed another 2-3. Same with Cyprus. Scored but lost a ton lot of chances.

Gianniotas mixed feelings. I wanna say "he did the work of Bakasetas and Lazaros and even Mantalos who re all preffered over him, in just 14 minutes. He scored." But honestly he just got in when they were all tired as fuq and weren't even following a tiny player like him with their eyes. His pros are that he smells the goal. He knew where to put himself on every occasion. He was the only one that believed in Stafylidis making that cross on the finish line and he freed himself from everyone to put his 4th goal. I believe he should be a 100% last 10-15 minute substitution on every match Greece plays. He is mobile and has workrate. He moves on the pitch. Anyways, so I can't say that he did better job than all the other wingers Skibbe has used on this campaign but he did score a very bizarre goal.

Wasn't expecting to form an opinion from this match but I did.

a) Karnezis must got really bored

b)Torosidis is deserved captain. He knows how to talk post match. He even εξέθεσε the EPO saying that "In Australia we talked with EPO and the Coach and discussed what went wrong in the previous campaign and tried to solve most of our problems.Everyone had fault not just the coach the players too and the EPO as well." Needs balls to be able to say that.

c) We re going to the playoffs boiz.

d) Mitroglou finding form with Marsseille will upgrade the whole way this team looks.

e)Gianniotas must be a sub after 75 especially if we re defending a score. Open opponent defences are the easiest to break.

f)Stafylidis future captain in 7-8 years. We ve forgotten Holebas with him but without playtime he will deteriorate. Idk the situation with him. He was supposed to get a move to Roma/Inter/Hamburg but none happened and now he is benched. Maybe "punishment" for wanting a move?Expect a sell during winter but hoping he gets playtime before we play the playoffs.

g)PLEASE DRAW DENMARK PLEASE DRAW DENMARK PLEASE DRAW DENMARK

Also, I know you lot probably gonna call me inhuman but, what did that retard want in Olympiakos Stadium with the shirt of Panathinaikos?? Literally feel no pity for someone so stupid who went there. He knows the situation in Greece. I ve even been stopped from OFI fans here in Heraklion with a Barcelona shirt and they told me to never wear that again. He just went to his archrival's stadium with his team's shirt.

Edited by Rockafeller Skank
  • Like it 2

he might have not known as it's pretty redicolous that you can't wear a pao shirt at an NT game. This is when we put club ties aside and maybe it was his only jersey. Remember the greek leagues emblem is also the same as the national teams.

• Like it 1

2 hours ago, J1078 said:

A part of me thinks Italy would be our easiest opponents as the games I've seen them play they looked like s%$#!... They are hhavung internal issues and this may be the time if any to play them. Yes we tied Estonia but they tied Macedonia and were lucky against Albania... my only concern is if we play the Italians will it be officiated fairly as fifa want Italy in the show as they draw a lot of income especially in ratings.. other than that I do think we can beat them..

FYROM OR SKOPIA FOR EVERYONE ON THIS FORUM

1 hour ago, Rockafeller Skank said:

Gianniotas mixed feelings. I wanna say "he did the work of Bakasetas and Lazaros and even Mantalos who re all preffered over him, in just 14 minutes. He scored." But honestly he just got in when they were all tired as fuq and weren't even following a tiny player like him with their eyes. His pros are that he smells the goal. He knew where to put himself on every occasion. He was the only one that believed in Stafylidis making that cross on the finish line and he freed himself from everyone to put his 4th goal. I believe he should be a 100% last 10-15 minute substitution on every match Greece plays. He is mobile and has workrate. He moves on the pitch. Anyways, so I can't say that he did better job than all the other wingers Skibbe has used on this campaign but he did score a very bizarre goal.

I agree 100% with this comment. I knew he was capable of scoring and he did. 

Check out the guys from  ESPN. They said that Greece only have a 24% chance of qualifying for the World Cup. Interestingly though, Shaka Hislop said that Greece would be the one unseeded team to have the best chance to qualify over Sweden and both Ireland nations. 

• Like it 1

5 hours ago, J1078 said:

I honestly love our team as underdogs.. We will advance to the World Cup we will sneak in somehow.. who ever we play we are in.. if we play like we did against Belgium who are stronger then the seeded teams we will be in the show next summer..

If they play like they did vs Belgium they can beat any of these sides. Denmark is our best option, Italy are not the same but wouldn't want to go against them as they play similar defensive game as we do. Plus I'm sure FIFA would find away to get them in. Switzerland don't scare me and we havs done well vs Croatia. 

• Like it 3

Looking forward to the playoffs,

I think looking back to both Belgium matches, if they fight like those matches....then Greece can battle with any of the higher seeded teams. When was the last time Greece got any favours, I won't say it never happens....but usually we get the difficult path.

Some of the negative people in the forums, and in the Kafenia complain about the players, squad, formation, tactics, coaching, results. But we should all keep in mind that other teams are facing their own problems. For example, Italy as others mention. What about the Swiss, they had a reality check versus a fortunate (own goal) Portugal. So let the top seeds pump their tires, let Greece be lowly, underserving Greece.

Now we are beginning to be healthy, and it appears that in regards to cards (red/yellows) we are looking in good shape. We finished 2nd in our group, where we rightful belong. Belgium were strongest period.

I was pleased to see Messi score 3 today and punch Argentina's ticket to the world cup. ARGENTINA, to all the pessimists who week in week out moaned, and complained, and failed to realize that the ETHNIKI is what it is. This is what we have, this is the team the coach works with. He makes the decisions, and his decisions coinciding with the play of the entire squad have led us to this point. As well the National team is finally a team again.

It is nice to see that there are plenty of other Greeksters in the forum who through the good and bad results remained positive. These are the Greekster that I would like to have a few fix beers, and some meze enjoying a match. A special shout out to Rockefeller Skank for your great posts.

• Like it 3

Switzerland won there first nine games and could not qualify,  that's crazy. If Greece get them might be to our advantage as they could be vulnerable psychology. Anyway I prefer Denmark. Can't wait for the draw and the playoffs. 

^^^Absolutely disgusting. 30 on to 1 congratulations. This should never happen at a national team game. Perhaps there is a case of the guy asking for it sitting in gate 7 but this should not be happening. This sort of thing shows that perhaps national team games should move from Karaiskaki 

• Like it 3

35 minutes ago, Limnos77 said:

^^^Absolutely disgusting. 30 on to 1 congratulations. This should never happen at a national team game. Perhaps there is a case of the guy asking for it sitting in gate 7 but this should not be happening. This sort of thing shows that perhaps national team games should move from Karaiskaki 

i agree the government stuffed up building all these track stadiums during the Olympics. build a stadium without a track in crete or a stadium which allows for the seats to be moved onto the track like edithad in Melbourne.

On 10/10/2017 at 6:35 PM, Rockafeller Skank said:

Overall.

A good performance from defence midfield and attacking mids. All of them were creative Mantalos Fortounis and Gianniotas.

Stafylidis has started to feel the no playtime he has at Augsburg. His crosses used to be gold or at least most of them. In this match he had only 3-4 good and the lucky one with Gianniotas Goal.

Lazaros disappointed. The Lazaros meme ended. I still believe he deserves a spot as on his day he can take on better opponents too as he is unpredictable as a player. However, today he just disapointed. Could do nothing and looked out of sync with the team. Hardly helped. I believe the Mantalos-Fortounis-Donis trio behind Mitroglou is our best for starters.

Torosidis proved once again how good and how much of a key player he is. People may talk about Bakakis but he is not there yet, and might never be and do the career of Torosidis.

Mitroglou disappointed me as well. Hoping this was due to injury and no playtime since June but he really disappointed. He scored 2 goals but missed another 2-3. Same with Cyprus. Scored but lost a ton lot of chances.

Wasn't expecting to form an opinion from this match but I did.

a) Karnezis must got really bored

b)Torosidis is deserved captain. He knows how to talk post match. He even εξέθεσε the EPO saying that "In Australia we talked with EPO and the Coach and discussed what went wrong in the previous campaign and tried to solve most of our problems.Everyone had fault not just the coach the players too and the EPO as well." Needs balls to be able to say that.

c) We re going to the playoffs boiz.

d) Mitroglou finding form with Marsseille will upgrade the whole way this team looks.

e)Gianniotas must be a sub after 75 especially if we re defending a score. Open opponent defences are the easiest to break.

f)Stafylidis future captain in 7-8 years. We ve forgotten Holebas with him but without playtime he will deteriorate. Idk the situation with him. He was supposed to get a move to Roma/Inter/Hamburg but none happened and now he is benched. Maybe "punishment" for wanting a move?Expect a sell during winter but hoping he gets playtime before we play the playoffs.

g)PLEASE DRAW DENMARK PLEASE DRAW DENMARK PLEASE DRAW DENMARK

Also, I know you lot probably gonna call me inhuman but, what did that retard want in Olympiakos Stadium with the shirt of Panathinaikos?? Literally feel no pity for someone so stupid who went there. He knows the situation in Greece. I ve even been stopped from OFI fans here in Heraklion with a Barcelona shirt and they told me to never wear that again. He just went to his archrival's stadium with his team's shirt.

Seriously? You're actually saying someone deserves to be beaten by 20 people for wearing another team's jersey? 

Edited by trotsk13
  • Like it 1

• Lazarus unfeatured this topic
18 hours ago, trotsk13 said:

Seriously? You're actually saying someone deserves to be beaten by 20 people for wearing another team's jersey? 

Somoene that stupid deserves it.

He is stupid and paid for it. He knew there was risk doing that shiet as he was literally going  at an opponent team's stadium to show off to his friends for a video or a selfie.

If you think it's the fact that Im an Oly fan. I would call the Paok and Aek fans to step up and tell me what happened to the cup final between them. They can literally shut up as well I suppose in any discussion that tries to make Olympiakos responsible for it. Anything like this would happen at their stadium as well.

As for you Pao fans. I left you for the end.

INCOMMING THE BEST POST I VE EVER POSTED. TRUE COMFY (NOT SO COMFY FOR ME THO) STORY.

In summer 2013 I went after my Panellinies at Paros with 2 of my friends and our then girlfriends. One of us had an Aek towel. We went to Punda and everything was chill. Literally. The minute we packed our stuff an paid and tried ot leave literally people we didn't know surrounded us. 2 big bois grabbed my 17-then-year old friend and starting saying "ΤΙ ΕΙΝΑΙ ΑΥΤΟ ΡΕ Μ@@@ΚΑ?ΤΙ ΕΙΝΑΙ ΑΥΤΟ ΡΕ ΤΙ ΕΙΝΑΙ ΑΥΤΟ ΡΕ?" Τhey literally pinned him down and started beating him γονατιες on his forehead and dick punches. 2 guys 20-25 holding down a minor and a literally 200kg beast just punching him. The rest of them were just playing punches with the rest of us, a barman and a security. Thank god mine was not an ultimate ape like the others. When I told him "We are not even enhlika MLKES KSYPNISTE" it took him a couple of seconds but I was surprised. He f**Ckin understood it. He told them. They stopped and ran like the trashes they are. They were not sitting at that beach bar anyways. They were sitting in the next one.

After a couple of mins the cops showed up and we just went to the next bar and identified them. The whole beach bar stood up. They were  you know what i cant evne keep speaking english in this GREEK BELOW AND DON'T YOU DARE SAY ANYTHING ABOUT IT.
Ητανε ο συνδεσμος του ζωγραφου σε οργανωμενη εκδρομη. 30 ατομα. σκανε μυτη οι μπατσοι και παιζανε τσαμπουκα. τους διξαμε 3-4 απο αυτους που θυμομασταν και τους μαζεψανε μεσα. Το τι γελοιο επεσε και το ποσο σκουπιδια τους κανανε να νιωσουνε χαλαλι το ξυλικι που φαγαμε. "Δεν ξεραμε οτι ειστε ανηλικα". Ειλικρινα δεν τους απανταγαμε καν απλα γελαγαμε με τη μπατσαρια που τους κοροιδευε. 

Τελος παντων καναμε εκει κατι ραματα στο παιδι εγω ευτυχως δνε ειχα τιποτα και το 3ο παληκαρι μαζι μας εκανε κατι ραμματα. Να μην στα πολυλογω. Ολοι , η ρεσεψιονιστ στοξενοδοχειο που μας ειδε ετσι, οι μπατσοι, οι σεκιουριταδες το ιδιο πραγμα μας ειπανε: "που πατε ρε παιδια και εσεις με την πετσετα της αεκ. αφου ξερετε πως ειναι τα πραγματα."
Που θελω να καταληξω? Εαν αξιζα εγω να φαω ξυλικι (και για μια ομαδα που δεν ειναι καν η ομαδα μου). Το αξιζε και αυτος. Καμια λυπηση προς το προσωπο του αφου "ελα μωρε, που παει και αυτος με τη φανελα του παο. αφου ξερεις πως ειναι τα πραγματα". 

Η διαφορα μας ηταν οτι εμεις αμουστακα παιδια απο την επαρχεια , δεν το ξεραμε αυτο. Δεν το ειχαμε ζησει και προφανως ουτε καν διπλα απο τα γραφεια του Α.Ο. Παρου δεν περασαμε. Επισης, μην βγεις και μου πεις πως το λεω επειδη ειναι Παναθηναικος και το περιστατικο το δικο μου με παναθηναικους ειχε να κανει. Το παραδειγμα θα το χρησιμοποιουσα ακομα και αν ετρωγε ξυλο απο ΗΡΑ.

Edited by Rockafeller Skank

• Dutch Eagle pinned, unpinned and locked this topic