Phantis Forums

Cyprus vs. Greece ( 7 October 2017, GSP Stadium, Nicosia )

Greekaroos

50 minutes ago, J1078 said:

1)Scotland tie or lose to Slovenia(very possible)

2)Ukraine draw with Croatia(very possible)

3)Serbia lose to Georgia (doubtful)

4)wales vs Ireland draw or Ireland win

5)NIR lose to Norway

any one of the above...

Thanks J1078.  

We'll just have to wait and hope I guess.

A win is a win, but we may regret missed chances, e.g. Torosides header 2nd half, Mantalos 1 on 1 in 1st half and hitting the post in 2nd half. Mitroglou shooting from a tight angle when Fortounis made a good run in the box.

Our goal difference is +4, and our only chance now, is to beat Gibraltar and hope for one of the following results:

1. Slovenia to draw or beat Scotland

2. Ireland to draw or beat Wales

3. Serbia lose or draw with Georgia

4. Ukraine and Croatia draw

Other possibilities are unlikely e.g. Northern Ireland would need to lose by 2 or more goals vs Azerbaijan at home and Denmark would need to lose by 4 goals to Romania. Sweden +10 goal difference, can only go out if Holland beats them by 5 or 6 goals.

Samaris and Manolas both got yellow cards and will miss the match with Gibraltar.

Edited by kbxk508
  • Like it 1

Let's hope we don't have to wait until Monday and tomorrow our result comes that will give us a playoff(with a win over Gibraltar of course)

Can make playoffs tomorrow 

Slovenia draw or win if Scotland

If Scotland win they we need to wait until Monday we're we will have 2 opportunities with the following

wales draw or lose to Ireland 

Ukriane vs Croatia - Draw

come Slovenia put us through tomorrow..

N

2 hours ago, Omonoia9 said:

TZIOLIS?!?!

Tziolaris and his Pirates should get in a huddle whilst having a song playing out of Laz's collection, and really psyc themselves for a Big showing in the World Cup in Ruskia - Che na pame Che na poume!!! Lets get the souvla going Ellada!!

Edited by ausgreek
  • Like it 1

I don't care that Tziolis scored the winner, he is still absolute garbage. That literally could have been anyone scoring that goal with a header like that, it just happened to be him, right place right time. He honestly botched more than a few passes sending long balls f-ing no one or passing it too short (unless I missed something and Casper is on our team making runs down the sideline). 

Tzavellas is a ma!a!ka literally played the guy onside on their goal, so damn usuless. We got very lucky, because if their defender doesn't give that ball away to mandalos (mandalos made that intercept, but mitroglou made that goal happen) we may not of won it, we botched chances galore. But we only got some of those chances cause they were losing and had to open up. There is no f-ing way that there isnt one Greek cdm on this entire planet that can be better than Tziolis. Fetfa went to Dubai for money, this a-hole Tziolis went there cause no one wants him. He should be handing out red noses and balloons and that's about it. 

If the EPO is actually behind these call ups and player selections, than they can f right off too, scum bag pos'. 

Edited by gsots
  • Like it 1

Tziolis  played because Samaris and Tachtsidis haven't played and are not match fit, there's no one else, I'd rather Tziolis than Siopis or Maniatis. As for Mandalos, my goodness how is he even a pro footballer let alone an international, Gianniotas or Donis over him any day, and Fetfa too. 

33 minutes ago, kbxk508 said:

A win is a win, but we may regret missed chances, e.g. Torosides header 2nd half, Mantalos 1 on 1 in 1st half and hitting the post in 2nd half. Mitroglou shooting from a tight angle when Fortounis made a good run in the box.

Our goal difference is +4, and our only chance now, is to beat Gibraltar and hope for one of the following results:

1. Slovenia to draw or beat Scotland

2. Ireland to draw or beat Wales

3. Serbia lose or draw with Georgia

4. Ukraine and Croatia draw

Other possibilities are unlikely e.g. Northern Ireland would need to lose by 2 or more goals vs Azerbaijan at home and Denmark would need to lose by 4 goals to Romania. Sweden +10 goal difference, can only go out if Holland beats them by 5 or 6 goals.

Samaris and Manolas both got yellow cards and will miss the match with Gibraltar.

nothern ireland are playing on the road against norway, so such a result isn't impossible at all. but definitely there are better chances for us.

Tziolara had energy as that was an excellent header. It was followed up with two fist-pumps! This guy has found his mojo. I don't know if Samaris would of done an allround better job atm.

Taxi is the most short-changed player in recent memory. He deserves more of a go in this team.

Edited by ausgreek

For those that live in Toronto the Scotland game is televised tomorrow if anyone is interested.. as far as the line we had out there today I'm not a fan at all.. I'm glad we won but come on man we have better players that should be playing.. what is Skibbe thinking?? He has been criticized by fans and the entire media with his selections.. Anyways no need to be negative I guess today as all the results went our way and we have a chance to get into the playoffs and that's all we could have hoped for after the draw to Estonia..

Edited by J1078

now the waiting game.  But to be honest I don't think we will be lucky. 

Scotland, wales and Croatia will Win their matches. To much on the line for them to screw up. If we do by a miracle get into playoffs Italy, Portugal/Swiss, Sweden, Denmark will be waiting for us. 

We should have battled it out with Belgium for first not thus crap of praying for others to help us. 

The FA has to be disbanded and start from scratch again. It's going to get worse

49 minutes ago, Torontoblue said:

now the waiting game.  But to be honest I don't think we will be lucky. 

Scotland, wales and Croatia will Win their matches. To much on the line for them to screw up. If we do by a miracle get into playoffs Italy, Portugal/Swiss, Sweden, Denmark will be waiting for us. 

We should have battled it out with Belgium for first not thus crap of praying for others to help us. 

The FA has to be disbanded and start from scratch again. It's going to get worse

I agree we should have battled it out with Belgium for first but bottom line we went toe to toe with Belgium and could have one the first game and should have gotten a draw in the second.. Belgium are a much better team then us. So you expect us to take first from Belgium but are afraid to play Denmark,Sweden ,Swis? Belgium are much better then those teams. There is nothing wrong with furnishing second in a group that has a much stronger opponent then our team.. at least we managed to finish second. The only down fall was the draw to Estonia.. I think Greece will bring there A game when they're the underdogs as we showed with Belgium.. let's just pray for one more result so we can get into the playoffs and who ever we draw we draw..

• Like it 2

OK guys, so this is the current standings for the playoffs 

1. Portugal 18 pts +18
2. Italy 14 pts  +3
3. Sweden 13 pts +10
4. Denmark 13 pts +7
5. Northern Ireland 13 pts +5
6. Greece 13 pts +4
7. Wales 11 pts +2
8. Croatia 11 pts +2
-------------------------------------
9. Scotland 11 pts -1

• Like it 2

as much difficult is for us to get a playoff spot, the likes of scotland which have to win in slovenia and ireland which have to win wales or croatia which have to win in ukraine, what about them? we have probably one of the easiest fixtures out there even if it's not completely up to us. 

I Like what J1078 said in his last post.

Relax for a moment fickle fans. Woulda, shouda, couda don't matter now, too many times I see negative posts on the "Ethniki".

HERE WE ARE. We have a match at home vs Gibraltar, and it would just be a treat to see some goals. Had we been asked before a single game was played if we would be ok with Greece having the 2nd spot behind Belgium....I think that most of us would be alright with this. Belgium is Belgium. Yes we did nearly beat them away, and we unfortunately lost a good battle at home.

All Greece can do is play the game tuesday. Forget the formation, the lineup, this squad will win. as for everything else, the Greek team, nor us the Greek fans cannot control that. Tuesday wake up, make a good strong Elliniko Kafedaki, iron your fanella, polish the komboloi, have a couple of shots of Metaxa "3" star and enjoy the match.

As for the playoffs, once the dust settles....should other results push us into the playoffs. Greece can save their best for last. Clutch, as per usual....We never take the easy way, the hard way is the one we have always known.

• Like it 3

• Lazarus unfeatured this topic
  • Dutch Eagle pinned, unpinned and locked this topic