Phantis Forums

Cyprus vs. Greece ( 7 October 2017, GSP Stadium, Nicosia )

Greekaroos

14 hours ago, J1078 said:

^No way that will happen.. The Cyprus players will give it there all and try there best to beat Greece.. They will NOT try less at all.. 

I think the most that can happen is that if the game is tied late they might not go 100% on a ball or two. Maybe. 

Guys who cares if Cyprus playes there best we can beat them. They lost to Estonia.... With healthy squad we could have beat Belgium too.... Will it be enough who knows but a b side Belgium should be able to draw Bosnia... 

Edited by jason
  • Like it 1

What changes will be made for this game? Will there be changes? It has to be something like this:

Karnezis

Torosidis Manolas Sokratis Tzavellas

Tachtsidis  Samaris

Donis             Fortounis          Stafylidis

Mitroglou

With a few changes like Zeca, Mantalos and maybe Bouchalakis. There is no one that can replace Mitroglou. I think Donis needs to start. Even though some people say he has no end product, he needs to be involved his speed, dribbling and attacking style can create goals for Fortounis, Mitroglou or even Stafylidis with his powerful shots. With Tachtsidis in the team we will have the advantage because of his passes. Our fullbacks are getting old but can still or should do the job against Cyprus. 

Greece can only come out with the same intensity as in their last match against Belgium where although they lost, played very well & could of easily won if the luck didn't go against them. The rest ain't in their hands but with a bit of fortune could go it's way. In my opinion Belgium will thump Bosnia whom remember are playing without supporters & in most of the other groups the 2nd & 3rd place teams play each other.

Skibbe should start Tachtsidis ovef Tziolis and if the team plays as they did vs Belgium they should get a win vs Cyprus. Cyprus is all but eliminating had they beat Estonia they would have been right in the mix but now they will most likely give us the win, also they don't want the Bosnians progressing. Belgium's B side is still to much for Bosnia and playing in an empty stadium won't help. Belgium wins 3-1.

1 hour ago, Dean97 said:

What changes will be made for this game? Will there be changes? It has to be something like this:

Karnezis

Tachtsidis  Samaris

Mitroglou

i'd like for once to see

karnezis

manolas papadopoulos sokratis

torosidis samaris tachtsidis stafylidis

fortounis

mitroglou donis

btw...bosnia will not play behind close doors...they will just play in another stadium inside the country..

54 minutes ago, Boxou said:

i'd like for once to see

karnezis

fortounis

mitroglou donis

btw...bosnia will not play behind close doors...they will just play in another stadium inside the country..

Bosnia will play behind closed doors that was part of there punishment..

3 hours ago, Dean97 said:

Karnezis

Tachtsidis  Samaris

Mitroglou

With a few changes like Zeca, Mantalos and maybe Bouchalakis. There is no one that can replace Mitroglou. I think Donis needs to start. Even though some people say he has no end product, he needs to be involved his speed, dribbling and attacking style can create goals for Fortounis, Mitroglou or even Stafylidis with his powerful shots. With Tachtsidis in the team we will have the advantage because of his passes. Our fullbacks are getting old but can still or should do the job against Cyprus. 

I would go with:

Karnezis

Toro (c)            Manolas              Sokratis              Stafylidis

Jose

Tachtsidis

Donis                    Fortounis                                      Lazaros (big comeback)

Mitroglou

Vellios   Karelis;  Mantalos   Gianniotas   Pelkas   Bouchalakis;  Kourbelis;   Kyriakos  Tzavellas   Bakakis;   Kapino and Anestis.

No room for:  Tziolaris, Samaris, Siopis, Maniatis (arab) Retsos (for now)

I would also like to see Donis on the right.   

Edited by ausgreek

3 hours ago, Boxou said:

i'd like for once to see

karnezis

fortounis

mitroglou donis

They have a 1 game empty stadium ban as per there punishment from FIFA.

11 hours ago, ausgreek said:

I would go with:

Karnezis

Toro (c)            Manolas              Sokratis              Stafylidis

Jose

Tachtsidis

Donis                    Fortounis                                      Lazaros (big comeback)

Mitroglou

Vellios   Karelis;  Mantalos   Gianniotas   Pelkas   Bouchalakis;  Kourbelis;   Kyriakos  Tzavellas   Bakakis;   Kapino and Anestis.

No room for:  Tziolaris, Samaris, Siopis, Maniatis (arab) Retsos (for now)

I would also like to see Donis on the right.   

yeah dude, no room for samaris, retsos and siopis but you somehow included 2nd league bench warmers like bouchalakis, vellios and gianniotas and the biggest bust and most overhyped player in the recent years in greece - pelkas.

amazing...

Edited by Boxou

we can't play with 3 in the back if one of them is torosidis..in such a formation you need 3 cbs. also, again in such a formation you're going to use full backs, therefore donis can't play there. fortounis obviously can't play as a cdm, while putting 2 similar strikers like mitroglou and karelis will create more problems than opportunities.

16 hours ago, Boxou said:

yeah dude, no room for samaris, retsos and siopis but you somehow included 2nd league bench warmers like bouchalakis, vellios and gianniotas and the biggest bust and most overhyped player in the recent years in greece - pelkas.

amazing...

Re Boxou man, Samaris at Benfica has warmed the bench and has shown nothing for a very long time. I am not too fussed between Kourbelis.  or Siopis. I went for Kourbelis slightly ahead.

Bouchalakis and Pelkas give us options of flair in the middle. These guys have current form.    One criticism was that Tziolara and Jose were too deep-lying and there was not enough support for Fortounis, Donis and Vellios.

Pelkas is good. Mantalos scored a psalidi, and he was playing central. Fortounis and Samaris can do more, we rely on them. Mitroglou and Donis work well together. Tziolis provides no attacking threat and was on the decline since 2011. Maniatis can run and run but his passing let's him down big time as well as his control. Tachtsidis is a well rounded midfielder but he is slow. These are all things Skibbe needs to take into account. 

I'm not to sure Samaris is our best option anymore... He is a very average footballer at best. When ever I watch him  play I see more mistakes made then good plays.. I think he should be a bench option going forward but not a starter. The fact that Tziolis is a go to guy for Skibbe shows us his bad judgement as this guy should never wear the NT jersey. Bak , Vellios should not be called up at all. For some reason Skibbe has chosen to continually start mantolas and I just don't get it as this guy is also a very average player and doesn't bring much as a starter. I hope Kone can find his forum with Aek and eventually get a spot on this team as I think he would bring something extra to the team. Lazaros also needs to be called up and start some games along with Fetfa. Taxi should be used more and Staf needs to be a regular starter.

•  

The FIFA Appeal Committee has decided to reject the appeal lodged by the Football Federation of Bosnia and Herzegovina and confirmed the sanctions imposed on 20 July 2017 by the FIFA Disciplinary Committee in relation to the incidents which occurred during the 2018 FIFA World Cup Russia™ qualifying match between Bosnia and Herzegovina and Greece on 9 June 2017.

The FIFA Appeal Committee concluded that a ban on playing the next match of the preliminary competition of the 2018 FIFA World Cup Russia™ in the stadium in which the aforementioned incidents occurred, coupled with a fine amounting to CHF 30,000 and a warning, was appropriate given the circumstances of the case and the disciplinary record of the Football Federation of Bosnia and Herzegovina.

It's a stadium ban not a fan ban.

let it be..belgium is simply a better team..they outclassed bosnia in the first round..i fail to see how a side which conceded 3 goals to cyprus is going to outscore a 5 times better team...

as for samaris, i think there's no room for discussion about whether he's the best option or not..he's the only guy playing abroad from our midfield pool (ok along with zeca) and he's playing in benfica, not in any random club..if anything he HAS to start..

• Lazarus changed the title to Cyprus vs. Greece ( 7 October 2017, GSP Stadium, Nicosia )
  • Lazarus unfeatured this topic
  • Dutch Eagle pinned, unpinned and locked this topic