Phantis Forums

Eurobasket 2017

Russia beat Croatia 101-78
I am thinking that Russia will come into the quarterfinals thinking to themselves that they can beat Greece easily after they poured 100+ points. Sure, we remember when Greece did that against USA and in the finals, Spain shut them down to 47 points. I am going to believe that Greece will pull off another surprising upset. 

Russia's head coach made a comment that is purely arrogant. 
He said ahead of the Greece - Russia game that we are not CSKA and that they don't have Spanoulis. OK, he didn''t mention Giannis on the team either? 

I hope Greece smash Russia real good. 

If you don't make your free throws, you cannot win! If you continue to shoot 3s and keep missing them down the stretch when your only behind by 2, you cannot win! Greece basically threw this game away! They did this 2 years ago vs. Spain, and now this! Greece blew a couple of double digit leads (13 and 11), that is not how you play basketball!!! 

Edited by Molon Lave

Very true. We controlled most of the game, but we screwed everything up at the end. When we had those double digit leads we should have ended it there. Instead we let them back into the game with poor free throws and poor choice of shots. Too bad. We could have easily advanced.

• Like it 1