Phantis Forums

Kostas Manolas ‒ Salernitana

if they buy him and he sits, what's the point? They favor the tandem of Bonucci and Chiellini.  Benatia and the young highly rated Rugani barely play and they also have Barzagli.  The purchase is the in the anticipation of selling either Benatia or Rugani (they want to leave due to lack of playing time).

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Rumors that Manchester United want to buy him in the summer, with his release clause at around $36 million, quite a few teams will make a bid.  Roma trying to offer him higher wages in exchange of getting rid of the release clause but they haven't agreed yet.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I’ve got a feeling that Manolas might be heading to Juventus. I saw a article somewhere saying that Cristano Ronaldo wants him at Juve. Personally I would like to see him at one of the two Spanish La Liga giants Barca or Real if not Man Utd, Liverpool, Chelsea, Man City, Arsenal or Bayern Munich.

Edited by Greekaroos
Spelling error

• 1 month later...

He’s being linked to pretty much every big club in Europe, Napoli, Juventus, and Manchester United seem to be the most likely suitors. Personally, I would like to see him at United. The Napoli owner talked a bit of crap about him being a player with character issues and that he throws tantrums which I can imagine, but was probably used as a tactic to drive away some other teams.

im excited about his move, probably the biggest in Greece history and maybe one of the biggest of this summer. 

Practically confirmed Manolas heading to Napoli for €16m and Diawara. He will play alongside highly respected CB Koulibaly. Found an article quoting canavaro praising the two:

https://app.football-italia.net/?referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.football-italia.net%2F139905%2Fcannavaro-manolas-koulibaly#article/footballitalia-139905

he seems very confident that with manolas the team can take the champions league trophy. Napoli have also recently acquired James Rodriguez (Colombia). And Karnezis is another player in Napoli although I’m pretty sure he is their third string keeper

Edited by Bardouuu
  • Like it 1

18 hours ago, Bardouuu said:

Practically confirmed Manolas heading to Napoli for €16m and Diawara. He will play alongside highly respected CB Koulibaly. Found an article quoting canavaro praising the two:

https://app.football-italia.net/?referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.football-italia.net%2F139905%2Fcannavaro-manolas-koulibaly#article/footballitalia-139905

he seems very confident that with manolas the team can take the champions league trophy. Napoli have also recently acquired James Rodriguez (Colombia). And Karnezis is another player in Napoli although I’m pretty sure he is their third string keeper

Pretty much a done deal. 34m transfer fee. 

• Argy changed the title to Kostas Manolas ‒ Napoli
  • 1 month later...

I started watching the friendly vs Barcelona in the second half (they played in my hometown) but the little I saw from manolas before he got benched at like the 60th min was not good, he gave up the ball twice in front of goal, looked very sloppy, while he was in the game the score was 1-1 but the game ended 2-1 Barcelona with the win

• 4 weeks later...
  • Argy changed the title to Kostas Manolas ‒ S.S.C. Napoli
  • Dutch Eagle changed the title to Kostas Manolas ‒ Salernitana
  • Argy pinned this topic
  • Dutch Eagle unpinned this topic
  • Dutch Eagle unlocked this topic