Phantis Forums

Bosnia and Herzegovina vs Greece (9 June 2017- World Cup Qualifier- Bilino Polje Stadium, Zenica)

Not sure what to make of this match.  

Before Belgium I'd have assumed a 1 or 2 goal loss.  

But this group played Belgium pretty tough away and was impressed (at least defensively).  They have some of their backbone again.  

Hoping for a draw myself.  1 - 1 is my prediction.  

Bosnian media predict this lineup. I expected this too, I'm only not sure who will be that one DM between Bešić, Jajalo and Cimirot and maybe Cocalić will be one of CB's. Everything else no suprises.

1596609_Bosnia_and_Herzegovina.jpg

Last I heard Scibbe had urgent talks with Otto and Kats. 

Here's the transcript ...

Scibbe: First of all I would like to say thank you for your time. As you know this is an important match for Greece. I have convened this meeting to get advice from both of you esteemed gentlemen on who I should go with in the LB and midfield. Let me remind that Greece will missing Tzavellas, K Pap, Samaris and Tachtsides for this match

Kats: Alexandros Tziolis, phone hangs up

Scibbe: I like Stafylidis, Retsos and Lykogianis. One of them as the LB and the others in DM position, with one on left and the other on the right in a 4 2 3 1 formation. You know, I want to go with youth and energy for this match. All have done really well. Kats you still there? Hello

Otto: Alexandros Tziolis, pause

In the background, Otto can be heard munching on pretzels 

Scibbe: Otto, do you really think Tziolis can hold the line, play the link man in the middle and build attacks from the back, be well positioned in key set pieces when defending. You know, I need mobility in this position.

Otto: You didn't you hear me? Alexandros Tziolis! continues to eat pretzels

Scibbe: Otto, I respect what you achieved with Greece in winning Euro and all that, but did you know that Hearts lost there last 4 matches of the season. Not exactly the sort of form which gives me confidence.

Otto: phone hangs up

Scibbe: slight pause, then talks to self. "Well he is due for a good match. It's been nearly 3 years since he last played a good match in which Greece won. Law of averages, says he going to break that sooner or later. I have a gut feeling. Hangs up.

Scibbe's phone rings

Kara: Hello Mr Scibbe.

Scibbe: Hi Giorgios. How are you?

Kara: You know Mr Scibbe, with Tzavellas out for this match, I think you should play Maniatis in DM. He can stare down opposition, scare them. Also, knows how to win free kicks and can score goals from really long distance

Scibbe: Thanks Giorgios, but did you know that Atromitos let Maniatis go after 11 matches.

Kara: phone hangs up

This match will determine a lot for Greece as we all knew this would be the biggest match for us. It will be very difficult to contain Dzeko and Pjanic will control the pace of the game. I'm praying for a draw as I think that is our most realistic chance of getting something out of this match. If Greece can somehow score the first goal and early that will cause panic for the bosnians and it will make them press there defense even more and then maybe we can counter again. All in all I hope we don't get spanked  and somehow get a point out of this. This game scares the s%$#! out of me.

Nothing to fear. This isn't Germany, Brazil or Belgium. You forget what happened in our last match. We played last 30 minutes with Belgium and just conceded in the last 3 minutes.

Greece usually comes to play in these situations. The reserves are decent players who have had good seasons at their clubs.

2 hours ago, kbxk508 said:

Last I heard Scibbe had urgent talks with Otto and Kats. 

Here's the transcript ...

Scibbe: First of all I would like to say thank you for your time. As you know this is an important match for Greece. I have convened this meeting to get advice from both of you esteemed gentlemen on who I should go with in the LB and midfield. Let me remind that Greece will missing Tzavellas, K Pap, Samaris and Tachtsides for this match

Kats: Alexandros Tziolis, phone hangs up

Scibbe: I like Stafylidis, Retsos and Lykogianis. One of them as the LB and the others in DM position, with one on left and the other on the right in a 4 2 3 1 formation. You know, I want to go with youth and energy for this match. All have done really well. Kats you still there? Hello

Otto: Alexandros Tziolis, pause

In the background, Otto can be heard munching on pretzels 

Scibbe: Otto, do you really think Tziolis can hold the line, play the link man in the middle and build attacks from the back, be well positioned in key set pieces when defending. You know, I need mobility in this position.

Otto: You didn't you hear me? Alexandros Tziolis! continues to eat pretzels

Scibbe: Otto, I respect what you achieved with Greece in winning Euro and all that, but did you know that Hearts lost there last 4 matches of the season. Not exactly the sort of form which gives me confidence.

Otto: phone hangs up

Scibbe: slight pause, then talks to self. "Well he is due for a good match. It's been nearly 3 years since he last played a good match in which Greece won. Law of averages, says he going to break that sooner or later. I have a gut feeling. Hangs up.

Scibbe's phone rings

Kara: Hello Mr Scibbe.

Scibbe: Hi Giorgios. How are you?

Kara: You know Mr Scibbe, with Tzavellas out for this match, I think you should play Maniatis in DM. He can stare down opposition, scare them. Also, knows how to win free kicks and can score goals from really long distance

Scibbe: Thanks Giorgios, but did you know that Atromitos let Maniatis go after 11 matches.

Kara: phone hangs up

Maniatis deal with Atromitos was for half season. They didnt "let him go".