Phantis Forums

Greek Cup - SF-L1: Panathinaikos - PAOK (12 Apr 17, 19:00 EEST )

Blackhawk

We gifted the final to Panathinaikos. They deserved the win as they were better on the field. We only had one chance to score today and none in the second half. Very poor display by the team in such an important game.

Μακράν η πιο μισητή ομάδα μετα τον γαύρο. Συγχαρητήρια στους παίκτες μας που για ακόμα μια φορά αναστήσανε ενα μπουρδέλο και μισό!

Δεν είδα το ματς, αλλά απ' ότι κατάλαβα ο Ίβιτς πάλι έκανε τα δικά του.

Έφαγε τριάρα από την ΑΕΚ και μυαλό δεν έβαλε.. Άρπαξε τώρα το 2-0 και τώρα μιλάμε για ρεβάνς. Μακάρι, αλλά πολύ δύσκολα...

It's amazing how our gladiators turn into mice when we play in Athens.  It's one thing to lose 2-0 and play decent and another to be completely outplayed.

Not sure why Cimirot didn't play.  I can only assume he needed rest ?

The line up I think was too attacking, should have gone with 3 in the middle.  But it's easy to say in hindsight.

Let's see what happens in Toumba.  If we pop the first goal in it's game on, but the lack of an away goal is always a killer.  If they get one we'll need four.  Maybe that's why Ivic opted for an attacking lineup ?

Kudos to Ouzounidis, who I've always thought is a decent coach.  He's given it Olympiakos, AEK and now us in Athens, and made a decent side at Panionios.

Anyway, very disappointing.

Edited by Bananas
  • Like it 1

According to Ivic, Cimirot carried a slight injury from Sunday's game. In that case he should have included Kace in the squad. Sounds like excuses to me. I think Ivic's biggest mistake was going into the game with offensive mind set. 

While im so disappointed in the result even more so than losing 3 nil to schalje in the toumba. 

Losing it at ivic is not the answer. 

We have one match to go before conclusions are made and this season we have had tbe best learni g experiance for Ivic and layed strong foundations for the future. 

I agree with giorgios savidis ivic is our future 

• Like it 2

Κανείς δεν λέει ότι ο Ίβιτς πρέπει να φύγει. Φυσικά και πρέπει να μείνει, αλλά πρέπει να μαθαίνει κιόλας. Με την Σάλκε στο 0-3 και με την ΑΕΚ στο 3-0 την πάτησε με τον ίδιο τρόπο. Ε, δεν επιτρέπεται να την ξαναπατήσει. Επειδή ακριβώς υπάρχει επαναληπτικός θα έπρεπε να μπει πιο μαζεμένη η ομάδα... Τώρα βέβαια όλα αυτά τα λέμε μετά από το αποτέλεσμα, αλλά κάποτε πρέπει να σταματήσουν τα κλαρίνα στα σημαντικά παιχνίδια. Και ειδικά φέτος που το ρόστερ είναι σχετικά καλό αυτό θα έπρεπε να γίνει.

While every lose is a learning experiance for the players, current board and staff i dont blame ivic. 

I do not agree playing with 3 defensive mids was the answer. 

Losses are in football and we need to continue to build the squad with a couple of quality players in the off season and the league will come. 

Anyway have some faith we can win 3 nil the toumba and progress 

• Like it 1

I agree as well, a defense-first philosophy will lead to us losing. I think Ivic's mistake on Wednesday were the inclusion of Campos on the wrong side, the exclusion of Pelkas for so long, not playing Biseswar, and keeping Koulouris in when he clearly had no connection to his wingers/midfielders.

The match in Toumba will be a different beast. At least by then, Prijovic will be back. It'll be hard, but it's not over yet.

Let's not start getting carried away comparing PAO to Schalke.  We can whinge about the heavy losses to PAO and AEK in Athens as we didn't perform to our ability and are capable of better.  But Schalke came into Toumba and gave us a football lesson.  If we played them 10 times, we'd lose 10 times, at least over 2 legs.  PAO on the other hand, how we managed to only have one attempt on goal in 90 minutes is inexcusable.  It's a concern that Ivic is getting out coached so easily on some games.  Regardless, I think Ivic is the right man for the job going forward for a number of reasons, which I can't be bothered going into right now.

Βρε κανείς δεν λέει ότι ο Ίβιτς πρέπει να φύγει. Πρέπει να καθίσει και το καλοκαίρι να συνεχιστούν οι σοβαρές μεταγραφές ώστε να φτάσουμε το μπάτζετ του Ολυμπιακού και να χτυπήσουμε επιτέλους στις πράξεις το πρωτάθλημα.

Παρόλο αυτά όμως, δεν μπορούμε να παραβλέψουμε ότι ο Ίβιτς τον ήπιε από δύο προπονητές (Χιμένεθ, Ουζουνίδης) οι οποίοι δεν είχαν καλύτερο ρόστερ από αυτόν και δεν είχαν την ομάδα από πέρυσι όπως αυτός. Παναθηναϊκός και ΑΕΚ πήγαιναν κατά διαόλου και αλλάξανε προπονητές. Και φυσικά η πίεση στις δύο αυτές ομάδες είναι ίδια και ίσως μεγαλύτερη από αυτή στον ΠΑΟΚ. Τουλάχιστον έτσι το βλέπω εγώ... Θα με ρωτήσετε και τι να έκανε; Να έβαζε τρεις κόφτες λες δεν είναι η λύση. Δεν ξέρω, δεν είμαι προπονητής, αλλά όταν βλέπεις την π@τσα να έρχεται και πας και κάθεσαι χωρίς να παλέψεις τότε κάποιο πρόβλημα υπάρχει. Αν ο Κουλούρης δεν κάνει και ο Κλάους είναι για εκτός αποστολής, ας κατέβαζε 4-6-0 χωρίς επιθετικό. Δεν ξέρω τι έπρεπε να κάνει... Το θέμα είναι ότι πρέπει να μαθαίνει από αυτά που κάνει. Και ξαναλέω, το ρόστερ του ΠΑΟΚ δεν είναι χειρότερο από αυτό της ΑΕΚ ή του Παναθηναϊκού. Βαρέλα και Τσίμιροτ χτύπησαν στο προηγούμενο ματς. Τέλος πάντων. Φυσικά τίποτα δεν τελείωσε ακόμα. Μακάρι ο κόσμος να στηρίξει ομάδα και προπονητή, να γεμίσει το γήπεδο και να πάρουμε ιστορική πρόκριση. Με ένα γρήγορο γκολ όλα είναι ανοιχτά.

Ok i just watched the first half. How some ppl say ouzonidi out coached ivic is beyond me, ok Panathinaikos won at home they didnt beat barca at the camo nou... they have some quality player's in Berg, Moledo and tbh were lucky too. 

Campos for me has been s%$#! ever since he scored that away goal in Amsterdam and Henrique missed a sitter and was ofd his game. We lost the match on the wings and tbh we actually missed gary and mak not pelka and mysta tbh. 

It has happened before to them losing 2 nil in Athens and winning 4 nil in toumba.  

Lets see 

Sorry but Ivic has to go. 

Our team is a mentally weak team and that has 100% to do with the coach. Whenever we have a supposed big win we immediately suffer a let down. Witness the matches we won against Fiorentina, Olympiakos, Panathinaikos and what happened to us straight after. The team is simply not in the same frame of mind for each game.

Countless incorrect team selections, which many here have referred to almost every match. 

We are wasting our time with this guy as he's incapable of correctly managing and motivating the players to the required level.