Phantis Forums

AEK vs PAO - Spiros Louis Olympic Stadium

I don't actually monitor him a lot but his skill set is not one that deteriorates with age. His strengths are his passing, vision, shooting. All of which he can preserve into his 30s eg) Karagounis

though they both were pacey when younger as most players tend to be. That was never the focal point for ninis imo.

ninis tends to do well with a classy striker eg) Mitroglou and Cisse. It ups his game when he has motivation that his passes will likely lead to a back of the net opportunity.

Edited by georgelaz
  • Like it 1

getting ninis back would be horrible..the guy does not want to play for pao like old.. how many chances has he got and failed :(..siopis?..we have kourbelis...smaller budget does not mean we can't look over sea's for midfielder with good experience...also if do get anyone from panionios it is rivanis!...as for the albanian no thanks let him go..thinks his a big shot..played about twice for granada this season lol...seriously we can do much better than that.. fellow swede who we are linked always mikael ishak would do well playing off berg i feel :)

• Like it 1

7 hours ago, georgelaz said:

I don't actually monitor him a lot but his skill set is not one that deteriorates with age. His strengths are his passing, vision, shooting. All of which he can preserve into his 30s eg) Karagounis

though they both were pacey when younger as most players tend to be. That was never the focal point for ninis imo.

ninis tends to do well with a classy striker eg) Mitroglou and Cisse. It ups his game when he has motivation that his passes will likely lead to a back of the net opportunity.

Couldn't agree more ! When ninis came into the scene at 16, he was electrifying. And he excelled with a good team around him in the team that won the double.

I have no doubt he'd be good for us, especially in a free role in front of zeca and kourbelis. Question is, do we need him when we have players like villafanez lod, emboku... I'd say probably not.

• Like it 1

Villafanez and Lod are flourishing at pao.. Lod playing international football Lucas would also only Argentina are stacked in that attacking mid position(our most creative player is Lucas he just don't score enough)...Ninis is struggling in Belgium i think his still there.. have not heard of playing for a bit and can't even get in the Greece national team squad...not knocking him but this is not 2007!

Edited by Green Man

how can you have so many foreigners playing as Greeks? :cool:

On a side note, I bet Antendocoubo was always welcomed in society growing up as a black kid, and I could imagine if he were to hold the Greek flag at a national parade....  Now, every day, the Greek sports papers have something about  greatness in the NBA...because now he's the Greek kid kicking ass in the US.