Phantis Forums

AEK vs PAO - Spiros Louis Olympic Stadium

• Lazarus changed the title to AEK vs PAO - Spiros Louis Olympic Stadium

What a transformation....  If you asked me a couple months ago that we'd be playing like this, I wouldn't have believed you....

Great message to send to everyone today....   playoffs or the cup, I think we're the better team right now.

They deserved to win....  Great effort, chased after every ball for 90+ minutes....  For the last couple years, they would tire after 1 hr...  I like the transformation of this team. Hopeful...

• Like it 2

I didn't see that but I saw that he was elbowed and fell just as gave the ball to Lod who crossed it to Berg for the goal.

http://www.novasports.gr/match-center/match-center-agonas/match/1933/aek-panathinaikos/

Anyway, Leto should be smarter and not get cheap cards or punishment for unsportsmanlike conduct.  I think Zeca got smarter on this... (let's hope)

nice game for sure. aek has a nice lil midfield going with bakasetas, lazaros, mantalos

berg was clutch as usual. to be we couldn't get this kinda form during europa which we could actually do well in

we are missing 3 quality players that can bring us forward one key is a good defensive mid that cuts out a lot of the build up play from the opposition...we need another stiker to help berg someone who can rival him that we can look upon to score goals also..that and middle man that can unlock defences an attacking mid with flair and eqi gonzalez type!!

Two players have made a huge difference: Klonaridis and Kourbelis. I think Berg is on fire because he's not alone up front and others take some pressure off him and Klona has helped a lot. Same with Kourbelis in midfield. Zeca just said that he doesn't have to run like crazy horse everywhere, plus Kourb works well with him.

I think Berg will be pressured to sign with another bigger euro team this summer, but if PAO ends the season on a good note, he'll stay.

• Like it 1

^^^

Agreed. The budget is going to be smaller for the foreseeable future, unless the club has some Euro success and money comes in. They should be scouting the Greek leagues for players but I'm afraid there aren't many talents being produced as in the past. Even lesser teams get cheap African (or from wherever) players.

By the way, do you think Ninis still has it? Last time he came back for us he didn't do much. The other 2 are fine.