Phantis Forums

2016-2017 Europa League Games Topic

Tzatziki

yeah there's nothing going on centrally all the attacks oly is getting is from the flanks as the commentary noted

should really be testing the keeper more since he might be injured

and kapino would've been better if available.

Edited by georgelaz

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

58 minutes ago, Tzatziki said:

When you change 2-3 coaches in pre season, sell your top mid and top scorer mid season, and change half the team every summer, you get what we have. 

so thats marinakis fault no coach will come if he doesn't buy top notch players why do u think silva left for

Seba got injured for about 10 days and we finally saw some ball movement. Leali is also pure s%$#!, such a comical keeper. 

If anything, only Marinakis has to be blamed. He totally let the team collapse on summer, obviously because Marko Silva demanded some solid signings. I don't want to say anything else. Most likely that was the last Olympiacos game I watched this year. Not going to cheer if they win they cup or the championship like all these brainless sheep (*getting paid to do that of course) do every year. This way it's like they accept being humiliated in Europe by evey random side is our standard. Nobody is gonna protest against that oligarch who cares more if he's going to sell Retsos in a couple of years ( in all honesty that's why players from academies are regular starters this year, Marinakis didn't expect Beer Sheva would eliminate Oly and thus he lost the annual amount of 20 million Euros from the marker pool. Wanna make some profit like he previously did with Manolas, Samaris, Cholevas, Mitroglou and many others ) Fans are going to boo the players who are the last to blame for this disaster. Eagerly awaiting people chanting in about 1 and a half month from now on, "kai ton mai tha'nai wraia me thn koupa ston peraia". How pathetic that seriously.

I feel betrayed from the people that run Olympiacos, they simply "play" with fans' love for Olympiacos. Knowing that there are people out there who dream a different Olympiacos gives me some hope, yet that's just a small portion. 

Funny enough, I've realized the past 1 and a half year that Olympiacos facebook page deleted every comment related to Marinakis and how he has destroyed the team. LOL. Truth hurts I suppose. 

• Like it 1

The truth is, Marinaki does not need to build a stronger side, there is no team in the league that even comes close to our budget. But we need to build a team, a solid backbone, with a steady coach and 2-3 signings a year, easier said than done however...

• Like it 2

I think he does, it is a pride thing, for CL if we can qualify and make it out the group stages more often than not, that would be success. In Europa, 2-3 rounds past the groups I think is pretty good. But if we do play Europa in the coming years and not CL a final appearance should def be our target.

I think marinakis knows a lot about money..

But knows less about football than we do,,,   To do well in UCL at group stage and have a good run in EL...You need a good team...

i really am doubting whether he wants to spend $$$$ to build such a team...

I think he is happy in the belief that we can somehow squeak through to UCL groups thru Champions route...then finish third...then maybe one win ...and that;s it...

all without spending or having a good team...

We will never see the likes of Galletti, Mirallas, Mellberg, Kovacevic etc ever again..

The olympiakos we dream of would have in todays line up... Roberto, Masuaku, Marcano, Mirallas, Milivojevic ...these players could have been on our roister in 2017....But.......

We don't need mega stars....

15 minutes ago, RED SHERIFF said:

The olympiakos we dream of would have in todays line up... Roberto, Masuaku, Marcano, Mirallas, Milivojevic ...these players could have been on our roister in 2017....But....

It is not good for anyone to hold a player against their will, but you can sell in the summer instead...We need to be smart when signing players as much as we can, to have a good shot of holding onto them at least 3 years or so even if he gets offers from bigger teams, but good luck. A small minority of players maybe 10% or less would not be on the first plane out. The club can sell a player or two a year in the summer thats fine, but we need a core that will stick around, and that we can build around.

Even if marinakis is gonna be cheap put in a Greek coach and build s team that has played together for some time even giving young Greek okayers more playing time .... Throwing in inexpericed players at the wrong time kills there confidence especially toward the end of the season. And if your gonna go foreign make sure they are class nor the leali and figuerias of yhe world. The defense against Besiktas was amateur leaving players open all day. 

Leali was only meant to be a back up ....He was tragic in many games...gave away comical goals...

Once Roberto left we were never going to have 2 Quality keepers...

Kapino would be no.1

There are no good young Greek keepers that could be signed as back ups...

Vlaxodimos at PAO proves that...He is totally garbage....worse than Leali.

The point is we SHOULD have been more diligent and found better than Leali..

In regards to having a Greek coach and giving him 2-3 years to build with young Greek players...This sounds lovely in theory..

But the reality is 'young Greek players' would not win us the GSL...Nor would they get us to group stages of UCL or maybe EL.

We have seen the likes of Kolovos, Bouchalakis, Avlonitis, Giannotas, Diamantakos, Fetfa, etc...come and go...with no impact..

Some would say they were never given a chance...

I say they were...and failed....

And where are they ALL playing now?

Second division, Scotland? Cyprus? bench?

and remember these players ARE NOT 19-21..They are older..they are no longer kids..

Sime good points sherif. I still say its the Greek football system that has talent but dies because its not developed.... Again look at Croatia I reference them a lot they have great youth acadamies etc but they end up being world class by playing abroad. If were not willing to develop pay up for decent players...and throw in some youth and bleed them in where possible. Theres a reson greece only produces good defenders thay go abroad...it's due to lack of player development and professionalism. 

On 17/03/2017 at 8:04 PM, RED SHERIFF said:

We have seen the likes of Kolovos, Bouchalakis, Avlonitis, Giannotas, Diamantakos, Fetfa, etc...come and go...with no impact..

Some would say they were never given a chance...

I say they were...and failed....

And where are they ALL playing now?

Bouchalakis is still with us, he had a very serious injury last year, and up until then was playing fairly often and had impressed. As for the rest no real stand outs, but hey have all carved out decent careers for themselves, not living up to their hype (Fetfa mostly) and not OLY material really, but they are doing ok.

• Like it 1

On 18/03/2017 at 3:11 PM, jason said:

Sime good points sherif. I still say its the Greek football system that has talent but dies because its not developed.... Again look at Croatia I reference them a lot they have great youth acadamies etc but they end up being world class by playing abroad. If were not willing to develop pay up for decent players...and throw in some youth and bleed them in where possible. Theres a reson greece only produces good defenders thay go abroad...it's due to lack of player development and professionalism. 

no doubt Croatia have a fantastic youth development program..

Yugoslavia were playing in WC finals in the 1930s when we were losing WC qualifiers 11-1 ..So they have 50 years head start in football schooling..

However if you are to bring this back to the topic in hand which is Oly record in europe this year..and our record in Europe overall..

we do much better than dinamo Zagreb or any Croatian club..

Look at Dinamo's record in UCL group stages in the last 5-6 years..

In fact no Croatian club has played football in Europe post Christmas since 1969..

So we need to keep what THIS TOPIC is in perspective..

I recall raising the comparison with Croatian club football on a previous site..And we do not want OLY to become dinamo Zagreb.. in UCL /EL

the reason why we lost to this garbage of a team was the goalie. from the get go, the first game he blew it. were up 1-0 and he eats a pathetic goal. I mean pathetic in ever sense that is basic.  furthermore, in konstantinopolie the Italian ate it much worse to the point, you need to question if there were exterior motives that we are not so sure about. $$$$ there I said it. worse than basic goals that he allowed, utterly garbage worse than the staten island dump.

There was no $$$ conspiracy...

Leali has done this a few times this season...

v Astana  v APOEL...

Besiktas were a better side...we are garbage..

however..it would have been fascinating  if we went to the Poli at 1-0....

And been 2-1 down with 15 to go!!  and Kapino in goal...

• Like it 1

The Problem Red Sheriff is we either want to play well in Europe or we don't. Your right were much better than Dinamo Zagreb all they do is develop talent and make money on the transfers. So to be successful we have to dish out money on real players (not leali, da costa, or figuerias) or we have to ramp up our development in the academies. I think the answer lies somewhere in the middle. We just lost to PAO so we are struggling at home never mind playing in Europe. We need a team and coach to be around long enough to have chemistry...