Phantis Forums

2016-2017 Europa League Games Topic

Tzatziki

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did not have a chance to see the game, was in a car accident just minutes before the match sadly. Looking at the line up it is not surprising that we could not score, very few offensive weapons to attack with. Silver lining, we did not concede at home, set up the team with a little more bite in Turkey and we can progress i think. Was Bento using a 5-4-1 for those who saw the match?

184222.jpg

1 hour ago, ELLAS75 said:

Hope all is good with you Tzatziki?

Thank you Hellas! By the grace of the almighty I walked off without a scratch, my poor black diesel might not survive though...gone too soon.

Is Bento the issue?  Or the limited squad..

and the rotating door every 6 months..

Sure he could have played Chori and Cambiasso  but they are old anyway.

..But regardless the team has no leaders or no soul..no 'mentality'...because of the continuous changes..

We look to sell players at every chance... including promising players like Benitez..etc..

Well at least Bento plays young Greek talent

14 hours ago, Amorgos said:

Was that bad?

Yeah, the car is a total loss sadly, I loved that car...but thankfully no person was hurt.

10 hours ago, ThrylosG7 said:

Good to hear your ok - cars can be fixed or replaced... outrageous neo liberal social justice warriors - who focus on identity politics cannot !!! :p 

Seriously - I am glad that your all good :cheerleading-151859::cheerleading-151859:

If I felt you were being wronged i would speak up for your rights as well, regardless of identity, if one group is denied their rights, nobody can truly say that their own rights are safe. Thanks for the sentiment also!

10 hours ago, RED SHERIFF said:

and the rotating door every 6 months..

This is an issue that kills me every year, but what can we do really? If an offer of 10 million or 15 million comes in, we can't say no, that is a lot of money for a club like ours.

10 hours ago, OlympicHellas said:

Sheriff, for me, this is the worst Olympiakos team since the mid 90s

Your opinion is appreciated....

it clearly is..the worst team....

there are however many talented footballers in this squad..players that can walk into a lot of decent leagues and teams in Europe... in the mid 90s we did not have footballers that were as good as some of these in the overall squad ..but the issue is this squad is not a TEAM..

And has no leaders or game changers..

51 minutes ago, RED SHERIFF said:

in the mid 90s we did not have footballers that were as good as some of these in the overall squad ..but the issue is this squad is not a TEAM.

Well said, this is what happens when you screw the pooch during pre-season.

Ντέμης για Ολυμπιακό

193953.jpg?w=880&f=bicubic

«Καταρχήν, ο Ολυμπιακός ήταν το πρώτο ματς που λειτούργησε πολύ καλά αμυντικά. Μία φάση του έβγαλε η Οσμανλί… Εγώ δεν είδα έναν κακό Ολυμπιακό και διαφωνώ με αυτό που είπε ο Μπατίστα για τους επιθετικούς. Έλειπε ο Ιντέγε από το χθεσινό ματς. Δεν ξέρω αν είναι η πολιτική της ομάδας να βάζει νέους ή του προπονητή. Ο Μανθάτης, που μπήκε, έκανε τη διαφορά, με τρεις-τέσσερις προσπάθειες που πήρε. Είσαι ο Ολυμπιακός, με 15 βαθμούς διαφορά… Εγώ νομίζω ότι θα περάσει ο Ολυμπιακός. Είναι καλύτερη ομάδα από την Οσμανλίσπορ. Ο θεσμός του Europa League είναι αυτός που πρέπει να κοιτάμε περισσότερο σαν χώρα, γιατί εκεί μπορούμε να κάνουμε κάτι. Όχι στο Champions League…».

Round of 16 drawing will be tomorrow 13:00 local time

Olympiakos will be pitted against one of the following 15 clubs remaining. 

Ajax (Netherlands)

APOEL (Cyprus) 

Anderlecht (Belgium) 

Besiktas (Turkey)

Celta Vigo (Spain)

Genk (Belgium)

Gent (Belgium)

Kobenhavn (Denmark)

Krasnodar (Russia)

Lyon (France)

Manchester United (England)

Monchengladbach (Germany)

Roma (Italy)

Rostov (Russia)

Schalke (Germany) 

Edited by Molon Lave

This result will go down as one of the best results in Olympiakos, No, Greek football history!

Amazing result beating a club from Mongolistan. I'm speechless paidia. 

Turkish league is easily one of the best in the world. A billion US dollars pumped in to it.

OK, sarcasm over. Result as expected. This Oly team is a shadow of previous teams and I can't see them progressing in the next round unless they draw Bekshitass because the Greek League is not worse than the Turkish league and probably on par.

• Like it 2

Draw was not bad, but not good either.
We avoided  the big teams

Thinking on the long term:
United drew Rostov 

Schalke drew Gladbach

Lyon drew Roma

3 of the 6 unbeatable (realistically) teams of Europa will be kicked out in this Round, so if for some reason we make a miracle and get past Besiktas the chances in the next round are in our favor to get a decent draw.

So let's make it Oly!!!