Phantis Forums

Belgium vs Greece (25 March 2017- King Baudouin Stadium, Brussels)

tough call maniatis vs. zeca. Zeca is fit but never played nT. Maniatis is clubless but has been a staple for us...

I'm leaning more towards Maniatis cause even in the Australia being clubless he brought it.

I wonder what formation Skibbe is going to use in this match. If he goes 4-2-3-1 like normal we will have problems. In my opinion it needs to be 3-5-2 with wing backs. Also a midfield trio of Samaris, Zeca and Maniatis. Although I would not want this midfield it sure will be a safe midfield. Or even Siopis start over Zeca to have more of an edge in attack. We should keep a clean sheet the whole game and try and score in the end of the match. I am hoping for a win, it is likely we will draw. I don't want to lose! If it means parking the bus then so be it. I don't want to cop 5 goals. I want us to score at least 2 goals or more. Imagine if we beat Belgium this would be huge for our confidence going forward and a big boost against Bosnia. Also this match is on independence day. I hope they make us proud.

• Like it 2

the coach of belgium now also confirmed that meunier is out for the match against greece , de bruyne is now in doubt because of groin injury. thorgan hazard has been called up instead of his brother. so eden hazard and meunier are out and de bruyne is doubtfull. dont know yet who belgium will call up instead of meunier.

https://translate.google.com/translate?sl=nl&tl=en&js=y&prev=_t&hl=nl&ie=UTF-8&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.hln.be%2Fhln%2Fnl%2F16076%2FDe-Rode-Duivels%2Farticle%2Fdetail%2F3113495%2F2017%2F03%2F24%2FBondscoach-bevestigt-Thomas-Meunier-out-voor-Griekenland-en-De-Bruyne-twijfelachtig.dhtml&edit-text=&act=url

amazing news for us if it stays that way! We need to play the old patrida way. Strong defense and capitalize on ANY mistakes they make.

Cyprus lost to the 3-0 and our defense is better so if we lose I think it'd be like 2-0.

3 cm's Siopis/Zeca/Tachtsi  or 3 cb's. I like Siovas cause at 6'4 he can nullify Lukaku as an aerial threat at 6'3. so hard to choose though we have so many options but few no brainers besides = mitro, man, sok, fortouni, karnezi, toro. The other 5 hard to choose between.

Staf and Samaris have potential to be lock ins.

Mitro

Fortounis Mantalos/Gianniota

Samaris Maniatis

Staf/tzav Siovas Sok Man Toro

Kapino

then again sokratis handled dzeko pretty well so siovas might just be a log in comparison and tzavellas is more dynamic.

Edited by georgelaz

you guys can almost guarantee the Zeca will be in this game at some point. There's no way they went to so much trouble to get him and not play him. Even though I'm not a big fan of the guy we might as well put him in and see what he has to offer. We have nothing to lose.  Since they have a hard on for this guy lets see if they're right lets see what he can bring.

Midfield is a lock to start with Samaris, Maniatis (long ranger goal man), Fortounis and Stafy.

Zeca won't start as it is his first game. Siopis won't either as he is being brought through with caution.

Look out for Tziolis to come on (65th) and do what he does best, Make An Impact like a Tornado!!

Edited by ausgreek
  • Like it 2

No Hazard and no De Bruyne is a big obvious plus for us. But they still have incredible depth in the attacking 3rd. Mirallas, Mertens, Carrasco; 2 of those 3 to start still looks pretty good. Add nainggolan, witsel most likely dembele and that midfield is miles ahead of ours. 

We all know that we are gonna play defensive and need to have a very good defensive game, Kapino (if he gets the nod) will need to have a big game. As I said earlier we are gonna need someone with pace to support Mitro and Fortounis when we do get a chance to break. Someone who is a direct runner and will be dangerous in space. Looking at our squad Gianniota is the only one that really fills that description. So for me, he has to start. (Manthati might also fit this role but no way he gets a start)

Sucks the game isn't on TV for us in Australia, ESPN is showing portugal-Hungary and France-Luxembourg instead -.-

• Like it 2