Phantis Forums

Belgium vs Greece (25 March 2017- King Baudouin Stadium, Brussels)

I believe this match will make or break Michael Skibbe's managerial career.

it has a feel of 7 June 2003, Spain v Greece. Michael Skibbe has two or three uncapped youngsters from the Olympiacos system plus Mystakidis fom PAOK whom could mix in well with the tough & experienced campaigners of Karnezis, Sokratis, Manolas, Torosidis, Tzavellas, Samaris, Fortounis, Mitroglou & maybe a few others whom have been around the squad for quite a while to create the right formula to cause a upset away to Belgium.

My prediction is Belgium 1 Greece 1.

• Lazarus changed the title to Belgium vs Greece (25 March 2017- King Baudouin Stadium, Brussels)

gonna take a big performance to get a result. Defence is going to need to be flawless and karnezi is going to have to produce a few big saves. 

very tough to see us getting something out of this one but im not completely pessimistic like Sheriff. One of the issues will be when we do win the ball we need to counter with some purpose and give the Belgians something to think about as well as relieving some pressure from our defence. The issue is short of Fortouni I don't think we really have anyone who can be damaging on the counter. Well no one that will get the start anyway. 
I wonder if lazaro would be in contention for a call-up given his recent spike in form? 

Edited by paokarag4

Does anyone know how tickets sales are handled for these games, for those of us that doesn't live in either Belgium or Greece? I'm thinking about possibly attending as the timing is great for me, though I'm not even sure who/where I'd contact to get seats.

^ a draw in either of our matches vs them could also be the difference maker in terms of second and third place, when points are tallied. By any other metric, we're a solidly third place team in this group, as we don't know how to score.

Time to overachieve.

3 hours ago, pash said:

^ a draw in either of our matches vs them could also be the difference maker in terms of second and third place

I think beating Bosnia twice may be enough to get 2nd in the group.

A draw here and a result at home would probably set us up for a run at 1st place in the group.

• Like it 1

Nah, If we end up in a tournament and awaiting who our POT 1 competition is gonna be, out of the current teams Id choose Argentina over all.

Poor defence that anyone can score against. Just like us they can't seem to find a decent Holding midfielder, most of their defenders are either South America tier or barely/not playing for their clubs.

England is another Tier 1 team anyone would be lucky to have. Uruguay,Portugal,Croatia and Chile are not bad draws either.

Germany,France,Belgium,Brazil, Italy, Colombia they re all simply too much for a team of our calibre.

Just realised that out of 32 teams, 12(aka all the teams I mentioned) are too hard to get result from.
Both in WC 2010 and in WC 2014 we were lucky to draw teams from Africa and Asia. Whew 

Edited by Rockafeller Skank
  • Like it 1

I haven't found anything if the match will be shown on TV here in the U.S. Fox Sports have not updated on the schedule 2 weeks from now. They usually show European Qualifiers for World Cup 2018 on either Fox Sports 1 or Fox Sports 2. 

13 days to go and still the call ups aint announced yet?
also why didnt we organize any friendly after the match damn it, the match after the belgium one is the one that gives us the 2nd or 3rd spot, we should be as prepared as we could. a friendly where new blood like Siopis,Gianniotas, Zeca could sync in and start a match, to see weather they are worthy or not. bad management.

• Like it 1

Fox Don't show Greece matches in Australia! Given we are middle of the road, so are left of Samoa, Kosovo, tim buck 3, Senegal or Belarus.Other lesser known countries are often shown. These two Paraguay Vs Uraguay, as good or better than the Pirates agreed, must of been shown 53 times. Must be the Anglo Saxon inferiority complex against us. When I give up on the Socceroos I will give up on Fox.

Edited by ausgreek

It sucks if he's out,  but to be honest we have no chance this match anyways and realistically with or with out him we are looking at a defeat. Lets just hope he's back for the Bosnia game which is our true do or die game.

I don't think it's serious.

On 3/11/2017 at 5:12 PM, Molon Lave said:

I haven't found anything if the match will be shown on TV here in the U.S. Fox Sports have not updated on the schedule 2 weeks from now. They usually show European Qualifiers for World Cup 2018 on either Fox Sports 1 or Fox Sports 2. 

I don't know if this would have any effect on their TV broadcasts, but fox soccer 2 go (the online service) is going to be showing it.