Phantis Forums

PAO - AEK League Game

athinaios

Both teams aren't in good shape, but the names and history dictate this is a derby.  I think it's an open game as far a the outcome goes, but I think PAO has a slight advantage because of Leoforos and I think enough fans will show up for this game.

Moledo is out though. Koutroubis too.

I got word, that once the second half starts, PAO will bang in 2 goals within few minutes.

I thought with both teams not having much to lose would be playing more openly... Low quality game. Maybe I'd spend $10 to attend, not more.

3 minutes ago, jvc said:

Lol....this is like watching Panionios against Xanthi....they might even be better.

Those teams aren't sitting 2nd and 3rd for no reason.

As for the game 1st half we were the better side and missed some big chances, 2nd half was boring but PAO had more clear cut chances, fair result in the end.

33 minutes ago, NickTheGreek said:

How did Lucas miss that chance ffs!! Barkas was motm with some big saves. Was anyone really expecting a high quality game? Lost count of the number of misplaced passes.

The low crowd was interesting, thought it would have been more for a derby but maybe it shows people are fed up.

Also pou eisai OS. I told you so about the 0-0 draw.

You called it re ill give you that!!

Said it before were better first half you guys better 2nd half. Barkas saved our asses, kid has talent.

Very poor crowd also heard the commentator say 6-7k, how could they not get more?

• Like it 1

1 hour ago, Original Sydney said:

What happened to the "word" you got? :) :) :)

oh, it wasn't for this match... 

that's what my source tells me..... I got on their case about those lotto numbers too and they said those are the winning numbers, but not for this week's draw!:confused:

• Like it 1

once again ouzounidis plays negative football ,with the first thought being not to loose instead of trying to win. As far as I can remember berg didn't get one pass to his feet inside the box all his touches were like 10-20 meters outside the box.Pao created more chances in that one game in spain than they have in all of ouzounidis games put together so far.

Ouzounidis Pao does not dominate and does not get bodies into the box ,kourbelis and lod do not go anywhere near the box they hardly ever made any runs into the box,Paos first chance came in the 37th minute on a counter, ithink against kisaamikos they didn't create one decent chance the whole first half and the goal berg scored he was in the box by himself against 3 defenders.

Pao need wins and they need to hope Osfp drop points ,but you have to play to win ouzounidis is coaching like a coward and disabling his number 1 attacking weapon Berg by not being able to get him the ball in those dangerous positions where strkers need the ball to score.

^^^

I agree that a coach needs some time to change the team's style. Just think that Ouzounidis had to work with so many different players every game, because of absences, injuries, transfers, and others who practically now are not on the roster.  When a new coach comes in and produces immediate results is when the team has a strong core but needs adjustments, which is not the case with O right now.

Look the season is a bust, but it was a bust before O came.

Ouzounidis did a good job at Panionios and had them playing smart practical football.  I think it's way too early to judge him, given that he's only been there a month, has no budget and a squad that has lots of issues.  He doesn't even have a core of players to work with from what I can tell.

If anyone thinks that Ouzounidis was going to come and transform PAO into something special in a month, well, in that case Ouzounidis should probably be coaching Barcelona or Real Madrid.

Give Ouzounidis the same budget as Olympiakos for 3 years and if the team is playing like it is now, then yeah, he's not a good coach.  I bet you if he was hired by Olympiakos earlier this season he would easily have won the league.  And then what ?  All of a sudden he's a better coach because he got a ready made team and a budget 10x what he's used to ?