Phantis Forums

Greece - Bosnia-Herzegovina (13 November 2016, Georgios Karaiskakis Stadium, Piraeus)

Omonoia9

3 hours ago, druid said:

I registered just to say this.

I could insult you to very worst and you and your fans are well  worth it but instead imma just say that you should be ashamed of your fans and players. Let's just say that we haven't been all goody2shoes with you but we've never burned your flag, we've never endorsed genocide or political issues through our fans and we've never gave such hostility towards you. Similar can be said for the game. You don't deserve a point, flat out. Angry or not, biased or not -- this is just the truth. What you've shown last night is complete antifootball and show (along with the swed) how corrupted and biased refs are in modern one. But other than that, a friendly advice - Don't come to Zenica. People here furious over everything that took place last night and rarely do these people forget and brush aside. Expect hell next year and another 3-1, because you deserve every bit of both. Hopefully you will not see POs with this kind of play. I've lost every bit of respect towards hellas' footy, shame.

Thanks for your input now Go Away!

• Like it 2

I havent gone through the pages so apologies if its been mentioned..our goal should have been ruled out..clear as day foul throw amazing we got away with that.

As for bosnia they are clearly the superior team but sometimes its their biggest weakness because they overate themselves...they could have killed the clock in injury time but instead kept getting numbers forward pushing for a 2nd..obviously playing riskier passes they kept giving us opportunities to get the ball back and launch some final attacks..good team but also a bit dumb all the same.

• Like it 1

18 minutes ago, Greekoz said:

I havent gone through the pages so apologies if its been mentioned..our goal should have been ruled out..clear as day foul throw amazing we got away with that.

As for bosnia they are clearly the superior team but sometimes its their biggest weakness because they overate themselves...they could have killed the clock in injury time but instead kept getting numbers forward pushing for a 2nd..obviously playing riskier passes they kept giving us opportunities to get the ball back and launch some final attacks..good team but also a bit dumb all the same.

Funny you say that about the throw in as I was just watching extended highlights and noticed it myself lol that was a shocker 

49 minutes ago, The Taxman said:

You have to laugh at these Slavs. Their players behave like complete thugs, picking up 7 yellows and a red, their fans their flares at families and yet we're the ones in the wrong?

Just acting like babies over the result. So entitled, we deserved to win that match not then.

Wouldn't expect them to have any integrity anyway, these are people who bent over for the Turks and took their religion.

How? Any neutral who watched the game knows that this isn't true. Not to mention the goal came from a foul throw. I think a draw is a fair reflection of the game.

3 hours ago, OlympicHellas said:

2000 ΕΛΛΗΝΕΣ will be there, because people like you do not intimidate us, understand champ?

Bosnia is and always will be a footballing backwater, your people's confidence always astounds me.

Is and always will be? Can I ask what makes Greece better than our team? Did you not finish 6th place in your qualifying group for Euro 2016?

2 hours ago, kosaca said:

How? Any neutral who watched the game knows that this isn't true. Not to mention the goal came from a foul throw. I think a draw is a fair reflection of the game.

Is and always will be? Can I ask what makes Greece better than our team? Did you not finish 6th place in your qualifying group for Euro 2016?

Hold on. We had no place finishing 6th. There was just too much turmoil going on within the team, we changed 3 managers and the ball did not bounce our way at all. We did not play well by any means, but we were not a 6th place team. 

A draw was a fair reflection yesterday, yes. Bosnia had its moments, they had a positive scheme, they scored a brilliant free kick that took a lucky bounce, but not taking much more away from that. We hit the bar and then scored a fanatastic goal. Let`s also not forget we were missing Manolas, our best player along with Sokratis, and one of the best CBs alive at the moment. 

The next meeting should be one for the ages. 

Edited by Argy
  • Like it 1

Greece =  not overly talented  but tough team, physical, disciplined, knows what they want on the pitch, defensive, "ugly" football and many games with 1 or zero goals, constantly try to provoke opponents and talk to the referees, will try to fake fouls in every occasion.(Don't get me wrong, I don't have anything against this game style, it's still legit way to play this game).

Bosnia = talented team, they can pass the ball and dribble, but not the most disciplined team out there and a bit of naive, also most of players can't run as much is it needed. Seems like we can't play defensive football, even in a Belgium away game we tried to attack them from the first minute, which didn't ended well.

When we(Bosnia) played on our way we looked like a Real Madrid towards Tenerife. But our team allowed Greeks to provoke them(lol at Džeko), turn into game with high tensions, hot temper, nervousness, fights...which perfectly suits Greek players, but our players are not made for that. Naive, naive, we let Greeks to turn game into their style. Also we tried to "steal a time" and it was obviously we aren't really good at that, Greeks would be much better in that situation.

In a rematch our players must play with "cold heads", because we can beat Greeks in a good football match, but we can't beat team in a open fight on a pitch. And we must score, we missed so many opportunities in this game, same with previous Cyprus game. If our team miss two or three good opportunities versus Greece in Bosnia, we will be punished from counter attack or a lucky shoot, it happens all the time, especially when your opponent is a Greece.

I'm a bit of worried, couple of our players said that they "can't wait" for a rematch like they are mad on someone and not just in a football sense, it's  good there is so much time before rematch, they will cold their heads untill that. Trying to beat Greeks in a nervous and "this time it's personal" game is same as trying to beat Barcelona with tiki - taka.

Edited by Dampyr
  • Like it 2

I see Greece winning in Bosnia because Bosnia will leave a lot of gaps at the back trying too hard to press for a goal that fits our style of soccer perfectly playing the underdog role although to be fair were not under dogs we just have a inferiority complex that plagues Greek soccer. Once the red cars were distributed the anger came out and intensity which gave the tie. 

Bosnia plays positive football, they are not a bad team, but yesterday Pjanic missed one opportunity that he should have scored, that`s it. We did not allow many other quality scoring chances. 

Please, for the love of god, do not underestimate the fact that we were missing Manolas. He is a world class CB and, along wityh Sokratis, out best player. His replacement, K Papadopoulos, is not far behind, but would have been playing DM next to Benfica`s Samaris if Manolas was there, which would have made it all that much more difficult for Bosnia to break the line. 

We were far from perfect, but still drew Bosnia, without our best player. Take away Pjanic and see how comfortable you feel approaching next match...

Edited by Argy
  • Like it 1

1 hour ago, Argy said:

Hold on. We had no place finishing 6th. There was just too much turmoil going on within the team, we changed 3 managers and the ball did not bounce our way at all. We did not play well by any means, but we were not a 6th place team. 

A draw was a fair reflection yesterday, yes. Bosnia had its moments, they had a positive scheme, they scored a brilliant free kick that took a lucky bounce, but not taking much more away from that. We hit the bar and then scored a fanatastic goal. Let`s also not forget we were missing Manolas, our best player along with Sokratis, and one of the best CBs alive at the moment. 

The next meeting should be one for the ages. 

There are a hundred factors that affect the outcome of a football match, none of them went your way in the last campaign. You were top seed and finished 6th place, losing to one of the worst teams in Europe twice. Furthermore, in the World Cup qualifiers you finished below us and we beat you 3-1 at home. You lost to Luxembourg in a friendly and you needed a 95th minute goal from a foul throw to score in last nights game. 

I mean no disrespect, but the poster on here who said that we are a "backwater and always will be" should perhaps look at himself first.

10 hours ago, ThrylosG7 said:

I may be a bit biased about this because I have a lot of Serb friends - i think its important to distinguish between the Govt and the people. Look at the current Greek govt - 90% of the diaspora cannot stand Tsipras - and now most Greeks in Greece dont either - is the current govt really representative of ALL Greeks and how they think ?? Probably not. In MY experience with Serbs - every single one that i have met has treated me differently - more warmly upon finding out I am Greek - when I go to the Serb festival same thing. In my personal experience Serbs feel it more keenly than the Greeks I know .

Now about the Fyrom issue - that is a political issue - and not as simple as just supporting us. Speak to Serbs though - and they know their history I haven't met one Serb ever who thinks the Skops are related to the Macedonians of antiquity .. As for calling them Macedonians - the large portion of that blame is the Greek govt for allowing the term "Macedonian" in the acronym. i can tell you that apart from Greeks ( and then even many greeks dont do it either) . EVERYONE called them Macedonians - because Greece never bothered to sort our the ethnicity issue or the language issue either. no one os going to call them Fyromian or Skopjian - 90% of the world dont even know what or where Skopje is - Serbs know but referring to a nation racially after a city sounds ridiculous..in essence its impractical - and we cant expect others to call them skops or Fyromians. 

I will say that my long term Serb friends do call them skops because of me - after correcting them endlessly - and givving them death looks - its second nature now.

Nice post Thrylos.  I too have many Serb friends and acquaintances and it's similar to how you described your situation.  Just because there were lots of Serbs (and Greeks and Italians) growing up.

I will correct you on one thing though.  You said 90% of the world don't even know what Skopje is.  I would venture to say it's closer to 99.99%.

• Like it 1

10 hours ago, tantra129 said:

I play soccer with many x yugos.  First off, they are all Eastern European or Slavic mentality. They are closer to Romanians and polish than us. They understand yes/no, 1 or 0. Black or white. There is no grey.  They don't understand emotion. (Kind of like Spock) yet they are hotheads,all this to say.  They are nice people. But it's hard to crack through. They don't think very highly of us, especially the Muslim kind. Don't kid yourselves guys. 

Maybe it's just different in Canada compared to Australia.  Don't know.  Could be region specific as well for all I know.  I agree they are different to us.  How can it be otherwise.  But growing up we always got along really well.  I don't ever recall even one incident between us and Serbs, not one.  Between Greeks and Greeks however, I could tell you stories for days.

34 minutes ago, ELLAS75 said:

Greece own the head to head matchup with Bosnia. Also we crushed a far superior Croatian team in Athens in 2008 Euro qualifying and got a draw in Zagreb. A lot of Bosnians were talking a lot after last WCUP campaign but we went further in Brazil and were pk away from the quarters. Also remember we have WON a Euro!

The head to head means nothing when you play us after we went through 4 year war and all our sporting infrastructure was destroyed.

All that is relevant is now, and in the last few years you have finished 6th place in qualifying group and below Bosnia in WC group qualifier. How can you call us a "backwater" with those results?

36 minutes ago, kosaca said:

There are a hundred factors that affect the outcome of a football match, none of them went your way in the last campaign. You were top seed and finished 6th place, losing to one of the worst teams in Europe twice. Furthermore, in the World Cup qualifiers you finished below us and we beat you 3-1 at home. You lost to Luxembourg in a friendly and you needed a 95th minute goal from a foul throw to score in last nights game. 

I mean no disrespect, but the poster on here who said that we are a "backwater and always will be" should perhaps look at himself first.

Look, Bosnia is not backwater by any means, they are a good team, but their pedigree is still way below Greece. We had a bad campaign during a trasition period in the last qualifiers, that`s all. If you would like, I can go through Bosnia`s record as well and point out all the times they failed and have done nothing of significance, ever, in the international stage, while Greece was winning European Championships and consistently qualifying for big tournaments. 

We cannot compare resumés. What we can do, however, is compare these teams in the present. It will be fun seeing them go neck and neck for that playoff spot. 

• Like it 2

2 minutes ago, Argy said:

Look, Bosnia is not backwater by any means, they are a good team, but their pedigree is still way below Greece. We had a bad campaign during a trasition period in the last qualifiers, that`s all. If you would like, I can go through Bosnia`s record as well and point out all the times they failed and have done nothing of significance, ever, in the international stage, while Greece was winning European Championships and consistently qualifying for big tournaments. 

We cannot compare resumés. What we can do, however, is compare these teams in the present. It will be fun seeing them go neck and neck for that playoff spot. 

Would you say that Nottingham Forest has more pedigree than Manchester City? I mean, Notts won the Champions League after all.

Edited by kosaca

19 minutes ago, kosaca said:

Would you say that Nottingham Forest has more pedigree than Manchester City? I mean, Notts won the Champions League after all.

Greece won 12 years ago, not 40 like Nottingham. Some of the players from our championship team retired just last year. Since Euro 2004 there has been way more positives than negatives, and we have won qualifying groups handily, massive playoff games, and have consistently qualified for major tournaments and advancing past group stages. 

Why are you trying to argue this, it`s a losing battle. You are much better off trying to compare these teams in the now. 

Edited by Argy
  • Like it 2