Phantis Forums

Greece - Bosnia-Herzegovina (13 November 2016, Georgios Karaiskakis Stadium, Piraeus)

Omonoia9

1 minute ago, Molon Lave said:

Funny that the player who score a beautiful goal happens to be the man you guys we're bashing throughout this match. You better kiss his butt. He saved our World Cup Qualifying for now. 

Yes he bailed us out with a beauty of a goal. But he had a s%$#! match,  he's had a s%$#! campaign and his attitude is awful.

I actually really like skibbe's selections for the match. almost the best we could do under the circumstances.

I like tzavellas and given the manolas injury he makes sense at the back. he also came in handy that we had an extra CB because of the kpaps red. Which was totally underdeserved. We could have even gotten a win. Their goalie saved them a lot.

• Like it 2

Just now, aek66 said:

super goal...but tell kolossos to watch the gibraltar goal. really poor all match from our heroes...they almost paid the price in turning the match into a wwf match. don't entice a street fight if you got knives and the enemy has guns.

i taped the match, so, i'll see what kpaps did, a straight red is serious stuff. sokratis got into dzeko's head...you can tell the animosity was building up. i know we have one poster who tells us that mitro is equal to dzeko?

i don't know who the worst passer on the pitch was - kpaps or sokratis. sokratis had a poor 2nd half...blew an offside trap and really struggled all the way around.

the worst player on the pitch was Samaris. the worst passer I dont mid if any of the 2 cbs did any bad passes. They kept a world class offence Lulic, Dzeko , Ibisevic, Pjanic in just one LUCKY goal. 

Maniatis Samaris combo was terrible today, Terrible, not just bad. We cant really expect much against Belgium so since I saw such poor performance from Maniatis-Samaris today, I wouldnt mind in changing both.

• Like it 1

The problem is we are gonna either have to beat them away which seems impossible based on this form or get something off Belgium which is even more unlikely, our goal difference is never gonna stack up.

one of those situations where at least the destiny is in our own hands.

• Like it 2

5 minutes ago, aek66 said:

super goal...but tell kolossos to watch the gibraltar goal. really poor all match from our heroes...they almost paid the price in turning the match into a wwf match. don't entice a street fight if you got knives and the enemy has guns.

i taped the match, so, i'll see what kpaps did, a straight red is serious stuff. sokratis got into dzeko's head...you can tell the animosity was building up. i know we have one poster who tells us that mitro is equal to dzeko?

i don't know who the worst passer on the pitch was - kpaps or sokratis. sokratis had a poor 2nd half...blew an offside trap and really struggled all the way around.

I was saying that mitro = dzeko. I was saying that because I was thinking that dzeko was on a decline but after watching that I concede I was wrong. dzeko was really amazing out there besides the loss of dicipline but sokratis also showed what an amazing player is when he pitpocketed dzeko on the near goal in the box.

This goal might be the goal that will change our campaign. after a dreadful first 35 minutes. The boys showed great spirit.  we can beat bosnia away if we prepare ourseleves and show up. as for Belgium I just hope the pirate ship shows up.

• Like it 3

Shame we didn't get maximum points at home but we played average at best and that's being generous. But main thing is we got a point at the death and it keeps us in 2nd spot with a big chance. Great hit by Tzavellas also.

Papadopoulos is just stupid for what he did infront of the Assist Ref now he's out for Belgium away so we better hope Manolas and Sorati don't get injured and are fit in March.

• Like it 1

mantalos and samaris have been amazing other matches I give them the benefit of the doubt that it was an off day really.

best players were sokratis, fortouni, torosidis, gianniota (should have started was a catalyst to the goal)

our worst players were samaris and mantalos

We don't close the ball down fast enough, if you take away the chances and just look at the play Bosnia had so many 4 on 3 attacking plays and other opportunities where the right pass could have put a player through on goal and they kept mistiming it, on another night make no mistake we could have been hit for 4-5.

the lead up play that led to fourtounis hitting the post was the only thing we did the whole game that look remotely professional lol. The goal came the only way we were gonna score, pump the ball into the box in this case a throw in and hope the 2nd ball lands to us, sometimes you just need to get it in when you can't create any openings any other way.

2 points in the next 2 games would almost certainly give us 2nd spot.

managing our goal difference will also be crucial, we are currently +4 ahead of Bosnia, they have something like 5 players suspended for the Gibraltar game including dzeko so they may struggle to run up the score. It's important that if we do lose against Belgium its as narrow as possible.

• Like it 2

32 minutes ago, Rockafeller Skank said:

By the way. Greek mode on.

ΡΕΖΙΛΙ. ΑΠΛΑ ΡΕΖΙΛΙ Ο ΚΥΡΙΑΚΟΣ ΠΑΠΑΔΟΠΟΥΛΟΣ ΕΝΑΣ ΤΟΣΟ ΕΞΥΠΝΟΣ ΠΑΙΧΤΗΣ ΝΑ ΤΡΑΜΠΟΥΚΙΖΕΙ ΤΟΝ ΔΙΑΙΤΗΤΗ ΕΠΕΙΔΗ ΔΕΝ ΕΔΙΞΕ ΚΟΚΚΙΝΗ ΣΤΟΝ ΝΤΖΕΚΟ, ΕΠΕΙΔΗ ΔΕΝ ΘΥΜΟΤΑΝ ΟΤΙ ΕΧΕΙ ΗΔΗ ΚΙΤΡΙΝΗ. ΕΝΑΣ ΛΟΓΟΣ ΠΑΡΑΠΑΝΩ ΠΟΥ Ο ΜΑΝΟΛΑΣ ΠΡΕΠΕΙ ΝΑ ΕΙΝΑΙ ΒΑΣΙΚΟΣ. ΔΕΝ ΕΧΩ ΤΙΠΟΤΑ ΜΕ ΤΟΝ ΠΑΙΚΤΗ, ΤΟΝ ΙΜΠΙΣΕΒΙΤΣ ΠΟΥΤ@Ν@ ΤΟΥ ΤΟΝ ΕΚΑΝΕ, ΑΛΛΑ ΑΝ ΠΡΕΠΕΙ ΝΑ ΔΙΑΛΕΞΩ ΜΕΤΑΞΥ ΤΟΥ ΤΕΛΕΙΟΥ ΚΑΙ ΤΟΥ ΠΟΛΥ ΚΑΛΟΥ, ΣΟΡΥ ΓΚΑΙΖ ΑΛΛΑ ΘΑ ΠΑΡΩ ΤΟ 1Ο.

I get it, Kyriakos eivai evas m#$%!s!

Everyone complains about how terrible we played.... can anyone here remind me as to when Greece played attractive football?? For the time I've been watching Greece, they've played ugly football, grinding out results that generally end up in a 1-0 victory to us.

How many times have we struggled against Moldova, Latvia, Luxemberg in qualifiers ?? 

Were in a good position for qualification, 3 point buffer on Bosnia, kept them at 1 lucky goal and we go into the Belgium game with a chance to take the top spot.

• Like it 4

6 minutes ago, PAOmelbourne said:

Everyone complains about how terrible we played.... can anyone here remind me as to when Greece played attractive football?? For the time I've been watching Greece, they've played ugly football, grinding out results that generally end up in a 1-0 victory to us.

How many times have we struggled against Moldova, Latvia, Luxemberg in qualifiers ?? 

Were in a good position for qualification, 3 point buffer on Bosnia, kept them at 1 lucky goal and we go into the Belgium game with a chance to take the top spot.

True to an extent.

the 2 leg playoff against Romania  for the last World Cup we looked like Barcelona compared to the way we are now, outgunning them 4-2 on aggregate, granted you had mitroglou in career best form at the time.

• Like it 1