Phantis Forums

Transfer News and Rumors - Winter 2016

pash

Thiam is officially history. Signed with Empoli.

According to some latest media reports/rumors:

Pedro Henrique has agreed to 3.5 year contract. Apparently we will pay Rennais 1 mil Euro.

Aleksandr Prijovic is also signed (apparently until 2020) according to Lubos Michel quote in Polish media. We paid something under 2 mil to Legia + 15% resale. Michel said that the player still has to clear medical tests. Apparently he also has to agree to some bonus provisions in the contract. The only way for the transfer to fall through is if the Chinese improve their offer for him.

Warda has also apparently been acquired, but he is currently in Africa playing in the Africa Cup for the rest of January. I assume we signed him as a prospect.

Now to my rumors and speculations. I think we will sign one more player. Also, I think Pereyra will leave the team by the end of January.

3 hours ago, Akritis_1944 said:

Show some respect. Mr Marinakis might well be the Prime Minister of Greece one day.

The scary thing is I think if he wanted to go for it, he'd be a chance.  I'm sure he's happy with the status quo.

In the meantime, enjoy some memories.  This was the quickest "fight" for many years.  Fight begins at ~1:13.  Check out the avalanche at ~1:28 !!!  Good times.

• Like it 1

Are you talking about the Swiss-Serb? Henrique has been pretty consistent in his teams.

Here's another vid of him. This one at least shows him playing on the left side. There's potential there.

-edit- okay I'm seeing the articles on Prijovic now. This is a huge coup for Legia, I feel we might be getting hosed on this. Hell, this is significantly above his worth (which I'm seeing at 1.5mm). Hope this works out for us.

No, I'm talking about Prijovic.  That guys been passed around on loan very 6 months since forever, and WE'RE the a$$holes who pay for him?

Also, YouTube highlight reels mean nothing.  I could put together a highlight reel of Klaus goals (he's had some great goals) that would make him look like the next Ibrahimovic....

like you guys say, they are only highlights but Henrique looks good. Defs something to work with there. He won't be cup tied either (Europa league) which is good news

As for Prijovic, he is a risk. 2 million for a striker that hasnt exactly set the world alight in a weaker league is gonna be a risk. Let's hope he comes good, because for that money you'd want him to be able to produce. 
In terms of Prijovic playing in the Europa league, I believe he'll be able to. As he has played in the Champions league and I think a player is allowed to transfer from a UCL to a Europa league team and not be cup tied? I maybe wrong

I'm not sure on that last point, but perhaps this extra pressure on Klaus will make him play to his potential (and make the point moot).

Reportedly, Prijovic has signed and Michel is now on his way to France to finish the deal with Henrique. Personally, I feel Henrique might have more upside, and filling that position is much more vital for us than a new striker.

11 hours ago, paokarag4 said:

In terms of Prijovic playing in the Europa league, I believe he'll be able to. As he has played in the Champions league and I think a player is allowed to transfer from a UCL to a Europa league team and not be cup tied? I maybe wrong

Νομίζω ότι αυτό επιτρέπεται μόνο στα προκριματικά του καλοκαιριού. Από τη φάση των ομίλων και μετά δεν παίζει ρόλο ποια είναι η διοργάνωση. Νομίζω ότι δεν υπάρχει περίπτωση να παίξει με Σάλκε.

Let's see how Prijovic performs. Hope he is worth the money we spent on him. 

Warda is a done deal as per Panaitolikos owner announcement today. Supposedly Michel is in France to finish the Henrique transfer.

I have a feeling we will make another transfer. Once that is done, I expect a lot of departures from Toumba. 

I'd be very surprised if Charisis didn't go on loan. Too much depth there now, especially with Kace back in the mix. He needs some playing time.

Pereyra will probably be released/sold...Korovesis released or loaned...Thiam is already gone (and reportedly thinks Greeks were way too cold of a people)

Giannoulis, Poungouras, Deligiannidis should be loaned as well. I think only Giannoulis from those three has already been rumored to go (to Cyprus, to Konstantinidis' team).