Phantis Forums

Transfer News and Rumors - Winter 2016

pash

PAOK under Ivan has cashed in some decent $$ from some smart moves. This is a good sign, at least the club will be financially healthy and able to operate in a professional manner at least fiscally, this is not a small achievement for a Greek club. I hope you guys keep building and improving!

• Like it 3

2 hours ago, Tzatziki said:

PAOK under Ivan has cashed in some decent $$ from some smart moves. This is a good sign, at least the club will be financially healthy and able to operate in a professional manner at least fiscally, this is not a small achievement for a Greek club. I hope you guys keep building and improving!

Ivan is cashing in...if it were PAOK they would be spending the cash on better quality players

3 hours ago, pash said:

So in other words, we'll get like four more midfielders. I'm looking at you, Ndoye

The last position we need to recruit in unless it was an absolutely stellar player who is much better than who we already have.  We have Canas, Cimirot, Shakhov, Charisis and I assume Kace as well to fill basically 2 position.  It would be nice to have a "Lampardesque" type number 8 that has the right instinct of when to go forward and time his runs (Shakhov did it once against Fiorentina) but that's easier said than done.

3 hours ago, Tzatziki said:

True enough.  But I think we've almost hit the limit as far as this goes.  I don't see anyone else in the current squad except for Cimirot selling for decent profits.

Another rumored name as a replacement for Rodrigues. Transfermarkt lists him as a right midfielder

http://www.transfermarkt.com/sergio-oliveira/profil/spieler/112465

Here's a highlights reel. It looks like he does play pretty much everywhere, at least judging by these clips. Personally, I think he's one of the "two or three" signings they were talking about *before* Rodrigues left. In other words, someone to compete with Biseswar.

Galatasaray announced some financial details concerning the Rodrigues transfer:

- PAOK gets 3.5 mil

- players agents will be paid by Galatasaray

- PAOK has 20% of resale (hopefully he goes to China in the near future)

- Garry got 500K signing bonus and will also be paid 635K for the rest of this season

- Garry's salary will be 1.35 mil until 2021

• Like it 1

As a somewhat more general question - is the agent getting such a cut for this deal because he helped Arnesen with getting Rodrigues essentially free? In other words, is this why we managed to snag him instead of a club in a more prestigious league?

From what I heard Rodrigues had more than one agent, and yes, it was one of the agents that secured his freedom from Elche, and as part of the deal he slapped a 20% cut from the eventual deal. I would not be surprised if Arnesen also got a small cut from that 20% as well.

2 hours ago, pash said:

As a somewhat more general question - is the agent getting such a cut for this deal because he helped Arnesen with getting Rodrigues essentially free? In other words, is this why we managed to snag him instead of a club in a more prestigious league?

I wouldn't be surprised.  It sounds reasonable.  If that's what it takes to get players to PAOK and the GSL then that is what it takes.

4 hours ago, Nea Bafra said:

is this our record sale?

Technically Lucas is, but only after he got sold from Deportivo to Arsenal.  In terms of from the one "transaction", Vieirinha was 4 million.  Mak and now Rodrigues are just behind at 3.5 million although Rodrigues still has a 20% sell on clause so who knows.  I'm not sure if Mak also has a sell on clause as well.

Newsflash paidia, Rodriguez isn't that good. He's not going anywhere of note post Galatasaray so forget about the 20% resale. This clown isnt fit to clean Lucas Perez's tsarouhia.

He'll probably be released by the Turks in a year or 2 then end up playing for Larissa or-don't laugh-...Play in Australia.

• Like it 1

6 hours ago, Bananas said:

Technically Lucas is, but only after he got sold from Deportivo to Arsenal.  In terms of from the one "transaction", Vieirinha was 4 million.  Mak and now Rodrigues are just behind at 3.5 million although Rodrigues still has a 20% sell on clause so who knows.  I'm not sure if Mak also has a sell on clause as well.

thanks Bananes

Scumbags of Partizan. Having 2.5 mill debts, most of that Tax-debts. While all the other clubs and citizens of Serbia pay nice at scheduled time. That should learn them!!!! :angry-662871:

UEFA are just a bunch of rats. Always picking on the smaller teams. The Real Madrids, Barcelona's, Atleti's, Roma's of this world all have enormous debts. All Spanish clubs about 3 billion all together. Italian clubs 1.5 billion (figures from 2015). The debt of Partizan is pocketmoney. By excluding a big fish UEFA would set a real example.

• Like it 5