Phantis Forums

PAOK - AEK

Dikefale11

Only Lescott and Vargas are out injured for this game, so we will have an *almost* full strength squad for the first time all year. I would play something like this:

Barkas

Galo    Chygrinski Kolovetsios Didac

Simoes  Johanson

Lazaros            Mantalos         Patito  

Almeida 

Hopefully, with a few more practices Morais can install some more of his tactics into the team. I'm not expecting much out of this game, but for F***s sake, we haven't been competitive in Toumba since the year we lost in the 90th minute, about 7 years ago maybe. We have the quality, now let's try and bring it together slowly and build chemistry. 

Also, I've chosen Barkas over Anestis because Anestis worries, he still hasn't learned how to judge crosses, and when to come off his line to collect the ball. Barkas played well against Kerkyra and deserves a chance; we did spend close to 1 million euros on his transfer after all. Another possible change to the lineup could be Diaz over Didac, for me, Diaz is better offensively, but Didac is better defensively. In an away derby, I'm going with the more defensive option.  

Think the line up will be very similar to what you got above Original. Good having Patito back and also Lazaros. Hopefully Morais has the sense to start both Simeos and Johanssen as we have been terrible in the middle since Simeos has been dropped/not played.

PAOK has some talent on their wings so going with Didac and Galo would be the better options but Didac again the guy worries me.

Last season we lost twice there 2-1 after leading 1-0 so hopefully we have learnt a lesson from it.

Today in practice Morais tested

Anestis

Galo    Chygrinski Kolovetsios Didac

Simoes  Johanson

Mantalos         Bakasetas         Patito  

Almeida 

Apparently, he does not think that Lazaros is 100% ready enough to play a full 90 so soon after Tuesday's game. He tried out Bakasetas in a position that he is more comfortable in rather than being lost on the wings. I think he will contribute a lot more in his natural position behind Almeida. Mantalos on the wing is not something I remember ever seeing for AEK, but with the ethniki, he plays on the wing and does pretty well. The rest of the lineup is pretty logical. I also think having the ability to bring on a player like Lazaros off the bench will make a big difference for us, he can add a spark late in games when PAOKs players get tired.  

I like Platellas but he is too hot and cold for me at times, how do you go from being on fire away to Larissa and all of a sudden torpedo vs Panionios and not be able to string basic passes at a professional level.

I like that lineup, I think Mandalos will fare better on the wing instead of Mandalos, however I agree if its not working send him straight back to CAM.

Good to have Patito back, he has been a big loss, will bring that flare back. Vargas should make an appearance he seems to step up in the big games.

Hopefully Almeida lasts a half.

Unfortunately, I think we will be lucky to get out with a draw. I would love 3 points but I just don't see it feasible  

Hoping he goes with more Greeks as I'm not sure if the foreigners understand the magnitude of the game or the derby. I also don't think the players coming back this week are in form to start. 

Difficult game for us - but I am sure that we will show a better picture  than some weeks ago at Karaiskaki.

I am optimistic for the future - but today's win of Olympiakos puts the ambitious teams behind on pressure - though a lot of rumours tonight at Peristeri about the referee.
But I did not see the disputable referee decisions.

@Dava-G    Thank you for your answer on the other thread.    On which sites (live streams) can this game be watched? Because it won't be shown at Novasports Live.

Thanks

2 hours ago, nightsurfer said:

@Dava-G    Thank you for your answer on the other thread.    On which sites (live streams) can this game be watched? Because it won't be shown at Novasports Live.

Thanks

Yeah, makes it really tough to watch. I even tried a vpn service to change my IP address. Unfortunately they use a security software that saw right past my vpn. Used multiple services. Planned on paying for the service at novasports   

Instead ad I have to look for a pirated stream for me and my father to watch  

Mantalo on the right wing, Bakaseta in the middle, and Patito on the left. I can't wait to see how that works out. On paper that line-up (-Lampropoulo of course) looks amazing, lets see how we play. I like where Morai's head is though, and if worst comes to worst Bakaseta and Mandalo will probably alternate throughout the match.