Phantis Forums

Veria - AEK

Dikefale11

Bravo AEK, any away win is always good.

Still early days, the team is finding its feet, sure we should have put Veria away in the first half, but the important thing is we didn't concede any stupid goals either.

Almeida's sub was due to his back problem like last week. I hope it was just a precaution to not aggravate it further. 

What a game!!

Bakasetas had a ripper and could've had a hatrick, you could see how much that goal meant to him,we missed too many chances the score should've been 5 or 6.

Ketsbaia, the only thing I don't like atm is his idea of closing out the game with 30 mins to go when it's only 1-0.

Patito tore them apart today and again be was subbed, I don't get it. Match fitness isn't an excuse if he's giving Lescott 90mins who is nowhere near fit.

Overall though this team has me excited and showing signs it can actually mount a title charge to Oly as the players seem in great spirits and we are playing some very good football.

Shame about Almeida but was told it was more precautionary, I think he will miss the Iraklis game,just a hunch,time will tell but Bakasetas showed he can do the job up top of needed 

Edited by Original Sydney

Just saw the highlights, really good to get the away win, it looked like we could have scored 4 or 5. 

Really worrying about Almeida, may be best to rest him next game so hopefully he is fit for Oly. Does anyone know if it's an ongoing injury he already had?

Horrendous goal keeping for the free kick, a very nice finish by Vargas. 

I think we need to rotate our squad more this year (babakis, kolovetsios, aravidis etc) so we don't burn out like last season!!

2 hours ago, Damianos said:

Just saw the highlights, really good to get the away win, it looked like we could have scored 4 or 5. 

Really worrying about Almeida, may be best to rest him next game so hopefully he is fit for Oly. Does anyone know if it's an ongoing injury he already had?

Horrendous goal keeping for the free kick, a very nice finish by Vargas. 

I think we need to rotate our squad more this year (babakis, kolovetsios, aravidis etc) so we don't burn out like last season!!

That's the beauty about this year we actually have good players available at the ready that can replace players from the starting 11. Last year we were limited.

Bakasetas has given us a lifeline in the ST position, at least we have another option up there along with Aravidis and Pekhart to some extent.

3 points is all that matters away from home, we only won 4 away games last season. We can leave the beautiful footy for at home.

1 hour ago, Aitolos1926 said:

Just watched the highlights. Bakasetas was a class above the rest. Hopefully skibbe saw this match and never puts him on the wing again.

Didn't he start the match on the wing and only move up top once Almeida got injured?

I agree that the keeper made an error there, but at the same time, with that force and that bounce, the ball could go anywhere. From a side perspective and from TV it might seem easy, but its different when the ball is coming at you and bounces right in front of you.