Phantis Forums

State Of Mind Of Our European Opponents

Dutch Eagle

Spartak had problems with Anzhi Machatskala. They just won 1-0 thanks to a goal by Ze Luis (assist Promes after a corner they had probably practiced before) in 70’ after Anzhi was left with just 9 players (red cards for Andres Ponce in 49’ and Dmitri Belorukov in 68’).

Chelsea is co-leading the Premier League with 9 points out of the first 3 games. Saturday they play Bournemouth at Stamford Bridge.

Bate is leader of the Belarusian Premier League with 45 points after 18 games (12 games remaining), 7 points ahead of #2. Sunday they play away against (I am not joking) FC Slutsk.

Vidi is the current #5 in the OTP Bank Liga with 8 points after 4 games. They have 2 games less than most clubs as the Hungarian FA postponed some games to increase their chances of success in Europe (with success). Next game Sunday against Ferencvaros away.

• 2 weeks later...

Chelsea - Cardiff City 4-1 with three goals of the splendid Eden Hazard and the other one by Willian. The co-lead the Premier League with 5 wins out of 5 games with Liverpool.

Vidi lost 2-1 away against their satelite/youth-team Puskas Academy. Goal Scepovic (pen.). They are at #8 but can reach #3 if they win their games they have in hand.

Bate leading 2-0 at HT against Dnepr Mogilev.

14 hours ago, Barcelona4 said:

Lucescu showed vs Chelsea that he is going only for the SuperLeague this year. 

I don't think that's true.  I think he showed that the match vs AEK was more important that going after Chelsea full force, which would be a long shot even on our best day and Chelsea's worst.  I don't think we'll see such a passive starting lineup against BATE and VIDI.  We are fighting for 2nd in the group and making it to the round of 16 is a very realistic goal.

The League is top priority, but that doesn't mean we're not gonna fight in Europe.

Edited by BostonThanatos
  • Like it 1

• 4 weeks later...

Chelsea - Man. United 2-2. Goals Rüdiger and Barkley. The latter in 90+6’. Chelsea is #3 with 21 points after 9 games.

BATE won 3-2 in the last minute. Goals Moukam, Signevich and Skavysh. They clinched the Belarus title.

Vidi won 0-2. Goals Scepovic and Patkai. They are third, 6 points behind leader Ferencvaros.

• 2 weeks later...

Vidi won 0-4 away against Paksi FC. Goals Patkai (2), Nego and Hodzic. They are #3 8 points behind leaders Ferencvaros with one game in hand.

Chelsea and BATE play tomorrow. 

Edited by Dutch Eagle

• 3 years later...