Phantis Forums

Greece V Cyprus: Oct. 7, 2016 World Cup Qualifier - Georgios Karaiskakis Stadium ( Piraeus )

HellasLEAF

Kone is not someone I want back personally.  I've seen enough I think we have better players.  Maybe as depth not much more. 

I do hope we have a strong lineup and the team take this one very seriously or they could easily cop a goal and be in trouble.  If they are serious about qualifying this year this has to be 3 points and not too concerned about the scoreline after.

diamantakos will be out for cyprus and estonia , not known yet if someone else will be called up.

http://www.sport24.gr/football/ellada/ethniki_elladas/xwris-diamantako-me-kupro-kai-esthonia.4299460.html

an interview with kyriakos.

http://www.sport24.gr/football/ellada/ethniki_elladas/k-papadopoylos-stoxos-h-prokrish-sto-moyntial.4298761.html

Edited by Nikitas

Zeca is not Greek, nor good enough to force an exception. He`s not even good enought to once make the Portugal bench in a friendly, now Greece is gonna compromise its dignity to bring him in to the National Team? I hope this never happens. 

Edited by Argy

expected line up according to sport.fm.

--------------------------------------karnezis---------------------------------

torosidis-------------manolas--------sokratis------------------holebas

--------------------------maniatis------tachtsidis--------------------------

------------------mantalos------fortounis-------bakasetas--------------

------------------------------------mitroglou----------------------------------

i cant comment on zeca since i never really looked at him.

Edited by Nikitas
  • Like it 2

8 hours ago, Argy said:

Zeca is not Greek, nor good enough to force an exception. He`s not even good enought to once make the Portugal bench in a friendly, now Greece is gonna compromise its dignity to bring him in to the National Team? I hope this never happens. 

Your other options are Tachtsidis Maniatis Tziolis and Samaris.

Samaris is injured. What happens if Tachtsidis gets 24/7 benched or injued as well? You re left with 2 inactive players.

And what happens when these players start and we lose? You come in this forum and cry about these players being part of the NT.

He fits in perfectly.

• Like it 1

This guy is not serious...he is looking at Maniatis Tziolis ( no team) and Stafylidis to shore up the CDM..meanwhile Tachtsidis played great just last weekend maybe the Germano doesnt read Gazetta dala Sport or catch Rai..Tachtsidis and Giannotas are must starts in place of the 2 donkeys and Bakasetas...why do we complicate things...1-0 87th Maniatis screamer

• Like it 1

16 hours ago, Rockafeller Skank said:

Your other options are Tachtsidis Maniatis Tziolis and Samaris.

Samaris is injured. What happens if Tachtsidis gets 24/7 benched or injued as well? You re left with 2 inactive players.

And what happens when these players start and we lose? You come in this forum and cry about these players being part of the NT.

He fits in perfectly.

You`re talking about the next two matches, I'm looking at the big picture. Zeca isn`t a clear cut upgrade on Samaris or Tachtsidis, he just becomes another decent option in the midfield. More options isn`t a bad thing, but not at this price. 

Bottom line, this isn`t necessary. 

I would have gone with;

Greece 4-2-3-1 football formation

Manolas at RB as he is the fastest between Sokratis and K.Pap.

Torosidis has played at LB before and for his clubs.

Mantalos is wasted on the wings, he is not a winger end of, CM is obviously not his natural position but definitely more suited than the wings IMO. Taxi is there to provide cover.

Holebas has a wicked left foot and can whip in some nice crosses and also we have no other wingers. Gianniotas has done well in his last few outings for the NT and I think deserves his chance.

However we will see Maniatis and Tziolis in the middle and Mandalos and Bakasetas both wasted on the wings.

• Like it 1

2 hours ago, Dikefale11 said:

I would have gone with;

Greece 4-2-3-1 football formation

Manolas at RB as he is the fastest between Sokratis and K.Pap.

Torosidis has played at LB before and for his clubs.

Mantalos is wasted on the wings, he is not a winger end of, CM is obviously not his natural position but definitely more suited than the wings IMO. Taxi is there to provide cover.

Holebas has a wicked left foot and can whip in some nice crosses and also we have no other wingers. Gianniotas has done well in his last few outings for the NT and I think deserves his chance.

However we will see Maniatis and Tziolis in the middle and Mandalos and Bakasetas both wasted on the wings.

This Line up is also called "Just F*** my defense up Fam"

Seems to me we ll be looking to something like this

Mitroglou 100% CF Starter

Fortounis 10/AMF 100% Starter

Sokratis - Manolas CBs 100% Starters

Torosidis RB 100% Starter

Karnezis GK 100% Starter

Then starts the guessing. Our most in form players would probably look like this. But Sadly this aint gonna happen.

A)

- - - - - - - Mitroglou- - - - - - - -

-Mantalos-Fortounis-Gianniotas-

-- - Stafylidis - - Tachtsidis - - - -

Holebas - Sokra - Manolas - Toro

- - - - - -  Karnezis- - - - - - - --  -

Stafylidis can defend and has good offensive attributes. IS in form and playing a lot. Hie is supposed to know how to defend so Id pick him over a non fit TzioloManiati wombo combo. Don't think of it as bad. Besides we re talking about pickign a shortie over a shortie. Maniatis over Stafylidis or vice versa. Who is worse ? YOU DECIDE.

Sadly. Instead of hte scheme I provided. we re gonn asee something like this

B)

- - - - - - -- - - - -- - Mitroglou- - - - - - - -- - - -

- Bakasetas - - -Fortounis - - - -Mantalos- -

- - - - - - -Tachtsidis - - -Maniatis- - - - - - - - -

-Stafylidis/Tzavellas -Sokra -Manolas -Toro

- --- -- - - - - - -Karnezis- - - - - -- - - - -- - - -

Skibbe you retard. You re doing it wrong if you go with B)...

****Friendly reminder once again that I rate Maniatis as a player but having only played with NT over the last 2 months doesnt make his name sound flattering to start a tough match like this.

Edited by Rockafeller Skank

Taxi should definitely start as the CDM, will be very disappointing to see Skibbe go with someone out of position. We can't take this or the Estonia game lightly.

P.S. for those in Australia the game is being shown live on ESPN 3.