Phantis Forums

Greece V Cyprus: Oct. 7, 2016 World Cup Qualifier - Georgios Karaiskakis Stadium ( Piraeus )

HellasLEAF

he offers more.....in the sense that the other guys are below par for Intl.level..

we are essentially talking about poor or poorer options...really hitting bottom of the barrel..

hence why i would play..Taxi...Fortounis..Mandalos. in the midfield...I'd rather have my best players on the park..Instead of poor options to maintain a 'scheme'

• Like it 1

^ Its still a mistake when there are better players to choose from. Even if Kone or Ninis aren't starting for this team they should definitely be called up. Tziolis should never be called up for this team. By tziolis being called up it just shows the incompetent's of this coaching staff. Here is the problem, lets say Tziolis and or maniatis plays and we end up beating Cyprus and Estonia then in Skibbes mind he probably would want to stay with a winning formula against Bosnia and or Belgium and that's when we will end up losing our qualifications because we will spanked if those two are in the line up against those teams. Just my opinion.

Holebas selected at least. Hope he does see the field instead of Tzavellas. I'd also like to see Kitsiou be selected but he doesn't really play. Too bad the lad didn't ask to be loaned.

I guess we really dont have any more valid CMs who have proven their worth with the NT apart from Maniatis and Tachtsidis (I should add too but he hasn't really proved nothin). I expect a midfield of Maniatis - Tachtsidis. And I also expect a starting Gianniotas.

5 hours ago, J1078 said:

^ Its still a mistake when there are better players to choose from. Even if Kone or Ninis aren't starting for this team they should definitely be called up. Tziolis should never be called up for this team. By tziolis being called up it just shows the incompetent's of this coaching staff. Here is the problem, lets say Tziolis and or maniatis plays and we end up beating Cyprus and Estonia then in Skibbes mind he probably would want to stay with a winning formula against Bosnia and or Belgium and that's when we will end up losing our qualifications because we will spanked if those two are in the line up against those teams. Just my opinion.

Kone had playing time the previous month. Ninis. I just ain't sure. Everyone hypes when Ninis scores 1-2 goals in a month I mean c'mon. Lad seems done for. Lost precious time in Genoa , lost precious time at Paok, lost precious time by having no team, and hten went to one of the bad Belgian sides (a GSL level championship only being better at creating players) and everyone praises him. Siopis not called is obsurd, but maybe he is young and that's an excuse. You can't field a 22 year old hyped to play for his NT in a crucial match. Hope We see Gianniotas instead of Bakasetas.

I really hope Gianniotas, Taxi and Maniatis start. I know Maniatis doesn't have a club, but you can always count on him to give you everything he has. To me, Gianniotas seems like that kind of kid as well.

2-0 is my hopeful score line but I think we win 2-1. PAME

12 hours ago, tantra129 said:

skibbe is showing some very bad signs

Totally agree.. I don't know how any coach can justify calling up Tziolis or having a player with limited to NO skill get called up when they have no club. It's ridiculousl. The bad trend  continues with Skibbe from his horrible subs in the Gibraltar game to the questionable call ups during friendlies. Regardless of the results the fact that he is not using and giving time to more talented players with a better upside is very disturbing. Has anyone seen good signs from this coach? I haven't. Now is the time to play Ninis and Kone against the weaker teams and maybe they can build some confidence and chemistry with this team and possibly have them ready for Bosnia and Belgium.

Edited by J1078

Kyriakos Papadopoulos played as a defensive central midfielder with Schalke reaching the Semi Final of the UEFA Champions League & with national in that campaign against Israel & Croatia for South Africa 2010. Torosidis can play as central midfielder also but then you weaken the right back position in attack by playing Oikonomou or Maniatis there.  

at the moment diamantakos is injured , how bad isnt known yet. sokratis and kapino are not fully fit and are training seperate. manolas , holebas and mitroglou didnt joined up with the ethniki yet.

http://www.sport24.gr/football/ellada/ethniki_elladas/xwris-manwla-xolempas-kai-mhtrogloy-h-proponhsh-ths-ethnikhs.4297398.html

Edited by Nikitas