Phantis Forums

Gibraltar V Greece: 6 September 2016 World Cup Qualifier Estádio Algarve ( Portugal )

Greekaroos

I will take a solid 2 - 0 if the team plays well.  3 Would be nice.  

Those calling for 4, 5 - 0 sure sounds great but I think unrealistic even for a minnow like Gibraltar right now.

I like the proposed lineup though, so you never know.  

4 hours ago, Rockafeller Skank said:

Good lineup @EllasCan but there are some flaws. Both Samaris and Petsos are very heavy players. Probably the reason Maniatis is used is that he is fast and can help in a counter attack.

Torosidis is old and can't cut it to have the whole line for himself, which means that we either get Gianniotas at late , or the opposite (Gianniotas at first and Torosidis subbed if we don't need a goal). Cholebas at that position also probably means that we ll get to see Stafylidis late on, which most of the posters here don't like.

I thought Petsos had a really good game against Montenegaro and has good upside. I Can't really comment on his speed and mobility, because he hasn't featured since. Regardless, wether we like it or not, the Samaris-Maniatis combo appears to be the most effective and what we will see for the next little while, however their club status' may become an issue going forward in this campaign. I have no issues inserting Maniatis if he provides better coverage for toro, but Petsos' technical ability appeared superior.

If they play regularly at club level, Cholevas and Toro should be able to fill these roles sufficiently for the next couple of years, we rely on them getting forward regardless, with the 3 CM/2 DM combo hopefully relieving them of some of their defensive duties. This formation is better suited for Stafy as well, with Tzavellas to the bench as both would be exposed by in a flat back line. if Tzavellas continues to feature in this campaign, we will undoubtedly get scored on when he raises his hand for a non offside call, flops to  the ground for a non existent foul or when he bites on shot fake.

People calling anything under 4/5-0 a fail.

I will take a 0-1 win through an own goal if we have to, this is the qualifiers results are what matter, especially to kickstart the games on a positive note.

Having said that, I fewl we will win comfortably.

Pame Elladara!

line up.

Εθνική Ελλάδας (Μίκαελ Σκίμπε, 4-2-3-1): Καρνέζης - Τοροσίδης, Μανωλάς, Παπασταθόπουλος, Τζαβέλλας - Σάμαρης, Μανιάτης, Μάνταλος, Φορτούνης, Μπακασέτας - Μήτρογλου.

http://www.gazzetta.gr/football/article/976175/i-11ada-tis-ethnikis-me-givraltar

GIBRALTAR

1 Perez(GK)

2 Wiseman

3 Chipolina

5 Casciaro

6 Chipolina(Captain)

10 Walker

14 Bosio

17 Casciaro

18 Hernandez

19 Coombes

20 Garcia