Phantis Forums

Gibraltar V Greece: 6 September 2016 World Cup Qualifier Estádio Algarve ( Portugal )

Greekaroos

I like what I saw of Greece in the two friendly internationals in Australia. Greece seemed to play a much more aggressive, attacking game than that very casual, think I'm a superstar stuff we saw during Euro 2016 qualifying. Samaris always seems to play better along side Maniatis. He seems to take control of the midfield because Maniatis terrorizes the opposition midfield with his aggressive attitude & add the return of Kyriakos Papadopoulos our attacking players like Fortounis, Mitroglou etc will benefit.

Karelis....mitroglou

Xolebas...mantalos..fortounis..gianniota

Samaris

Manolas..Papadopoulos..papastatho

Karnezis

I would go with something like this for this match. We should have no problem netting 6.

For Ninis to play that means either Fortounis or Mantalos miss out. Fetfa plays, either Gianniotas or Bakasetas miss out. I'd go with who we have.  Which other dm would we replace Tziolis with, perhaps Kourbelis though he hasn't had a shot yet?

Edited by ausgreek

On 30 August 2016 at 6:51 PM, Chris Tsamados said:

If we lose this game I think we should withdraw from all future competitions. 

OK we lost to Faroe Islands .... but surely we cannot lose to Gibraltar. Seriously !!!
If we do lose, I'll personally stop following football & watch old ladies play lawn bowls lol hahaha

• Like it 1

On 30/8/2016 at 10:21 AM, ausgreek said:

For Ninis to play that means either Fortounis or Mantalos miss out. Fetfa plays, either Gianniotas or Bakasetas miss out. I'd go with who we have.  Which other dm would we replace Tziolis with, perhaps Kourbelis though he hasn't had a shot yet?

Siopis is a good Tziolis replacement. Kid helpd Panionios defence when Hatziisaias left.

I read that Skibbe has sent scouts to both of Gibraltar`s friendly games. I'm so glad he is taking this game for granted. 

It is so important to instill a winning mindset from the get-go. Although qualifications stretch out a year, there are only 10 matches and just one team qualifies automatically. Every game, every goal, is important. 

• Like it 1