Phantis Forums

Friendly: Netherlands Vs. Greece(1 September 2016, Philips Stadion, Eindhoven)

Omonoia9

Reported starting lineup:

Mitroglou

Holebas - Fortounis - Karelis

Samaris - Mantalos

Stafylidis - Sokratis - Manolas - Torosidis

Karnezis

I like this lineup a lot, probably our best atm, although I'd love to see K Papadopoulos in there with a 3 CB formation. 

• Like it 2

poly kalo lineup. Holebas and Mitroglou are besties so being up top together will be great. Fortouni and Karelis also work great together. so a nice duo tag team. hopefully they can create quatro chemistry but most of the time chemistry is innate imo

4 hours ago, Argy said:

Mitroglou

Samaris - Mantalos

Karnezis

I like this lineup a lot, probably our best atm, although I'd love to see K Papadopoulos in there with a 3 CB formation. 

i rather saw 3cb's against holland but lets see , its still a friendly so. if the first half doesnt work out we can always shift to 3cb's. by the way i like the line up except karelis again as rw. he was horrible in the past as rw so i rather saw gianniotas there but ok.

5 hours ago, Argy said:

Mitroglou

Samaris - Mantalos

Karnezis

exactly the line up i predicted with Karelis instead of Gianniotas and Mantalos instead of Maniatis (probably due to the last one having no team?)

we re playing defensive agianst them which is good.

If the starting 11 reported are really the ones that will play, I can't see us leaving there with  a bad result.

We are playing with a global powerhouse, yes but they are putting their B team in it. Draw is a good result, win is a brilliant result.

I expect Gianniotas on second half, and maybe earlier, since Karelis is not used to the winger position and is for this match changed sides. Might work, might not.

On 30 August 2016 at 4:14 AM, Dutch Eagle said:

I was in the stadium (De Kuip, Rotterdam, home of Feyenoord) that game. Saravakos scored the opening-goal. It still is the only goal Greece scored against Oranje.

On 30 augustus 2016 at 6:37 AM, Akritis_1944 said:

It was for Euro 1988 qualification and we all know that the Dutch would end up winning the tournament.

Saravakos' goal was a classic. I saw a clip of the goal recently and I recall that the supporters were going crazy when Greece scored. They were booing and shouting. Dutch Eagle, what are your memories if the match?

Everybody in The Netherlands was very disappointed after Saravakos goal during the game and after the final result. But you know how football works. You learn more from defeats and bad luck. After that it all went up. With a lot of luck (offside-goal Wim Kieft against the Republic of Ireland) and skills (van Basten) the EURO was won.

The Dutch EPO by the way looks like the Greek one. Total chaos. The director quitted. Assistent-coach Advocaat went to Fenerbahce. Ruud Gullit doesn't want to come as a replacement at the end. Marco van Basten will leave to work for FIFA. The teammanager must quit at 67 while players want to have him stay. No EURO 2016. Where there used to be a lot of love voor Oranje everybody is grumpy at the moment.

Tomorrows game is considered very important as Sweden is waiting. Therefore I expect a real game. 

• Like it 1

This will be a good challenge for us.
But I don't take friendlies seriously. To me a friendly game is like training.
What counts is World Cup/Euro competitions (Qualifications/Major tournaments).

• Like it 1

8 minutes ago, Dutch Eagle said:

The Dutch EPO by the way looks like the Greek one. Total chaos. 

Does the Sports Minister of Netherlands have any ancestry relation with the Stavros Kontonis (Greek Sports Minister)? :laughbounce2:

Edited by Hellas2004Gavros7

Just now, Reaper said:

Maniatis who is not allowed to train with Olympiacos as he is now without a club gets the start as reward!

..........................Karnezis........................

..Toro.........Manolas.........Sok.......Tzavella

..................Samaris...Maniatis................

Fortounis...........Mantolas.................Xolebas

........................Mitro..............

Didnt they say we have another X1 reported?

NETHERLANDS

1 Zoet(GK)

2 Veltman

3 Bruma

4 Blind

5 Willems

6 Strootman

7 Berghuis

8 Wijnaldum

9 Janssen

10 Sneijder(Captain)

11 Promes