Phantis Forums

Circumcision

Everybody has a different opinion on whether or not you should circumcise yourself or your children. Apparently women like circumcised penis' better, i guess it's more visually appealing or whatever. Anyways, I guess it's a little hard for me living in a leftist world where if your not citcumcised your gross. i understand if you have a medical condition and you need it removed, that's fine. Anybody else currently/or has ever felt this way. Poor orthodox me LOL

Circumcision might have been useful a few hundred or thousand years a go, like many religious dietary laws were. But now both are obsolete. As for what women prefer, google it, it varies quite a bit from nation to nation.

It's changing... like smoking; everybody did it because everybody else did... Scandinavian countries consider the practice as child abuse.

There are studies that show C may reduce AIDS transmission and in populations with poor hygiene it can help reduce infections.

In advanced societies, C isn't as beneficial and it deprives the individual of choice whether to have the procedure.

However, it's like recommending pulling your teeth out to avoid teeth rot and heart infections

Here's a great Hitch video on the subject

Obviously, it's mostly cultural and religious. If the Hellenized Jews had won the Jewish civil war, C may have died out as they didn't practice it. The Maccabees won and quickly established conservative Judaism and eliminated Hellenic cultural influences.

• Like it 1

Anybody that thinks that his willy is not letting him sleep at peace should just chop the whole thing off.

Mother nature has a reason for providing her creatures with features and body elements. Genitalia mutilation is man invented and only serves to exercise control over the broader population.

It's about time you take your dick in your hands and make friends with it!

• Like it 1

Further to that, I read a while ago that many American women are fearful of a gentile penis. I think America has bought into the whole circumcision thing hook, line and sinker. I spose if Greece and Russia had a huge amount of doctors called Dr Goldman and Dr Horowitz - we might see the culture slip into those countries more. But instead we have 1000s of Dr Papadopoulos's and Dr Smirnoff's - and they only charge for the delivery - not the snip after wards!  :D

YOU HAVE TAKEN THE GRECO-RUSSIAN ORTHODOX BROTHERHOOD TO A NEW LEVEL...

But reading some of the posts here by Greek brothers'..I think they may dream of uncircumcised Russian dicks..

Slightly off topic but I remember reading a story a few years back of a baby that had contracted herpes as a result of it's circumcision that involved some sort of old practice whereby the Rabbi sucks a small amount of blood from the 'wound.'

Now that's F***ed up

There is no such thing as a Greco-Russian brotherhood. We just share a religion which is not big on circumcision or cremation.

I am yet to hear of a Greek or Russian circumcised national. However you get many Catholics and Protestants who are circumcised depending on where they are born and what the doctor told the parents about health and hygiene. Around 50% of Africans are circumcised. 

You're one of those glass of foreskins half empty guys aren't you?

Edited by Pontos
  • Haha 1

There is no such thing as a Greco-Russian brotherhood. We just share a religion which is not big on circumcision or cremation.

I am yet to hear of a Greek or Russian circumcised national. However you get many Catholics and Protestants who are circumcised depending on where they are born and what the doctor told the parents about health and hygiene. Around 50% of Africans are circumcised. 

I am sure there are circumcised Greeks who were born in the diaspora....  or for medical reasons..

Once upon a time, 5000 or so years ago, there was a man who was mentally ill.  He believed that his particular invisible best friend informed him that he should remove the skin on the end of his ding dong.  Now that is not so surprising.  Genetics and biology being what they are, throw up all sorts of variations in nature.  And mental illness is part of that unfortunately.  What is surprising is that people chose to believe this man, and also chose to cut off the skin on their penis.

Now I don't have a problem with what grown men choose to do.  If you want a circumcision, or to cut off a toe, or the end of your ear, go for it.  More power to you.  But when you do it to a baby who has no choice in the matter, I can't agree with that idea.  It's frankly a primitive concept.  You can choose to believe it's good, but I can also choose to believe it's primitive.  Trying to justify this on religious grounds is equally primitive.  I don't really care what your invisible friend told the mentally ill man 5000 years ago, that he then chose to put on a scroll or a clay tablet, and to then preach.  You can choose to believe, and I can choose to respectfully not.

I don't believe health is the main reason why people choose to circumcise their male children.  They may say that, but I believe it's either because of a strong religious belief, or more likely just the perpetuation of a tradition, or even more likely just because well heck, I'm circumcised so I want my son to be circumcised.  The fact that there is some evidence (and I'm not entirely convinced of this) to indicate that circumcised men have less health issues than uncircumcised men is just something that makes them feel better about their choice.

There is also quite a bit of evidence that these days there is no real benefit to being circumcised.  Sure, if you live a life where you only bathe once a year or so, and don't have access to soap, maybe then being circumcised is better, but then again, if you live in such an environment maybe that is the least of your problems.

Edited by Bananas
  • Like it 1