Phantis Forums

Black Lives Matter Movement

Guest PastMember

Guest PastMember

Well it looks like it has finally landed in Europe. A few weeks ago 3 black lives matter demos were staged in succession in London in 'solidarity' with the US ones.. Last night a large group of black youth in Hyde Park (UK) turned violent against the police. They started shouting 'Black lives matter' and one policeman was repeatedly stabbed. The young groups were also throwing projectiles at the police while shouting 'black lives matter.'

366CD06300000578-3698316-Thousands_of_re

366CCFF300000578-3698316-The_numbers_con

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3698316/Police-officer-stabbed-struck-bottle-spontaneous-Hyde-Park-water-fight-descends-blade-chaos-two-revellers-suffering-knife-wounds.html

• 2 weeks later...

with a black illegitimacy rate of some 75% in the usa - even higher in some urban areas; what real chance does a black child have? if racism is the reason for every ill in the black community; then the answers can't be embracing a nuclear family or getting an education (There's a persistent gap in reading scores between white, black, and Latino kids.

A significant contributor to this stat you posted (without a source, but that's fine), is the racist drug laws in the US and racist law enforcement. Stats do show that Caucasians do consume more drugs than visible minorities but the latter are prosecuted disproportionately and much more severely. The laws that give people higher mandatory minimums for crack cocaine possession as opposed to powdered cocaine is an example.

i don't understand this...so, unfair drug laws and racist cops are responsible for black kids not reading at proficient levels?

To be clear, you were speaking on illegitimacy, so I assume you were speaking about parents not being around to rear their children, if I am wrong about that then disregard my post.

I don't understand how you can steal a car, and then try to outrun the police, and not expect to get shot.  "He was unarmed".  Who cares, he stole a car and was speeding through the streets.  He could have easily killed someone crossing the street and he could have ran a police officer over.  What will end up happening is the police won't care anymore in Chicago and then just let everything go just like what is going on in Baltimore.   This is why Trump is in this race.... Crap like like Black Lives Matter.

• Like it 1

I don't understand why when a law enforcement agent is being charged or suspected of a crime, they are subject to a set of rules or procedures that are any different to any other citizen.

I mean, they already have the advantage of knowing what to expect and the techniques that will be used against them by interrogators and investigators. Why do they need even more concessions or beneficial treatment?

I mean, they already have the advantage of knowing what to expect and the techniques that will be used against them by interrogators and investigators. Why do they need even more concessions or beneficial treatment?

What are you even talking about?  Should we waterboard them?

A mavro can carjack someone and run over 10 people and you will have clowns out there complaining that the police didn't have to kill them.  I even read a moron complaining that the police shouldn't have shot that muslim scum in Nice who ran everyone over and it was police brutality.  Amazing how stupid people are.

i enjoy watching young whites at these protests. the women are tolerated because there's a chance someone is going to get some puzzy that night. the men are buyers of hip-hop sounds on itunes.

punks and car thieves are the new rosa parks. this is why we criticize this.

You know that these generalisations are not a fair description of what the reality of the situation is, I think. You gonna hurt your back carrying all that unnecessary baggage.

The way I see it this is a big picture issue. Your own personal experience will obviously have an effect on your paradigm on any issue. Your life experience is not necessarily an the same for millions of others, I think this is a given. On the whole, most people will manipulate any given situation to work for them rather than against them. So yes, criminals will use the race card and play innocent to benefit, but it does not mean every single cop is right and every single person of colour is a gang banging criminal. If you can't admit see abuse of power, racism and murder when it is recorded and on the record for everyone to see, well you're not alone, but you're in some special kind of backward thinking company. I'm not talking about any one specific case in particular like the one you brought up above, but the countless, cases over the last few months where cops are on film shooting people like it's a f.ucking arcade game.

If you guys don't get it, you are just not aware, either by circumstances or by ignorance or by malice. I said it is revolting because I feel that aek66 is more than smart enough to know better, this issue for me is pretty black and white (pun intended), and it not an isolated case it's about any group of people, being treated less than fair, or being judged or stereotyped, or their lives mattering less, due to their skin colour, sexual orientation or identity, religious beliefs etc. 

By what criteria do you apply the term revolting? Aek66 hasn't said anything offensive.

Black people have it bad in America? Where else in the world do they have it better? Canada, England and the US are probably the best places in the world to live regardless of race, gender or creed.

There are projections that 700 murders will take place this year in Chicago, mostly a result of black on black crime. Are the cops to blame? If anything, due to the lack of police involvement these crimes are being perpetratored at a level we haven't seen in years.

Demonizing all police will make it harder for them to do their jobs and it will jeopardize people's safety.

Should we question your understanding in assessing a people who have to live under the scourge of its own failings and who project a disproportionate degree of blame on others?

It sounds to me you place more emphasis on feelings/pathos (illustrated by your words empathy, disheartening, revolting) to be factors determining your opinions.

Chicago and the obscene murder rates there is a whole other issue that is complex enough. We can discuss further if you really want, let me know.

I am not for the demonization of police, I think most are good honest people who would like to serve their community and go home in one piece every night. But it does not mean they should be free to shoot away any time they get scared of a black man. There are non lethal methods that can be used surely. But the militarisation of the police is out of control and this is not helping anyone.

About people living under the scourge of their own failings, that is a broad and vague statement, but in this context its clear what you mean. It goes back to the Chicago murder rates. People do not (for the most part) choose a life of crime and violence. It is something desperate people or hopelessly poor people with a severe lack of good options or opportunities for a healthy and honest decent life get mixed up in. It is a socio-economic problem. But these are just poor black thugs and ho's right? F*** Tyrone and Teesha. They're all the same, a black guy stole my dad's stereo, I know what I'm talking about. I'm not racist I work with a black guy and we're cool.

I base my opinions on what I see, in the news, in the books I've read, by the discrimination I have seen, in person or online. And I get all in my feelings because these things evoke a reaction that should be the same for many I think.

I was watching a documentary recently, (if you like and can track down the source of the claim), it said that among people who do illegal drugs, Caucasians were more likely to get high than any other group. But prison populations do not reflect that. It could be because whitey is smarter than the rest, it could be because of social affluence or class. Whites live in neighbourhoods where they are not frequently stopped and searched or patrolled heavily. They have maybe dealers who do not operate on the street but do house calls. You might or might not be aware of the discrepancy between sentences for possesion/consumption/distribution of powder cocaine vs crack rock cocaine? These laws are directly the result of a racist legislature, law enforcement agencies and society in general. I don't see why crack should be punished exponentially worse than powder. But these crazy black crackheads are scary, the white college kid, or the stock trader, common, he's a good old boy, don't ruin his life go easy on him.

That is not true, I am not aware what the exact punishments are but sale and possession of cocaine or any drug are certainly not the same. Is that what you understood from the post? Mea culpa.

F*** black lives matter, all lives matter, that motto is racist itself. Mavri need to stop blaming white people for their problems, and instead do something about it themselves. We all know that like 99% of black deaths are black on black, where is that mentioned? The reason why black people are stereotyped so much is because they painted that image for themselves, not us whites. I'm friends with very mature educated black people, but the other majority of the population needs to learn how to pull up their pants, stop calling each other n.i.g.g.e.r.s., get out of that 'gangsta' life, and speak normal English. Nobody is preventing them from this but themselves, but ofcourse, it's easier to just blame white people.

If you guys don't get it, you are just not aware, either by circumstances or by ignorance or by malice. I said it is revolting because I feel that aek66 is more than smart enough to know better, this issue for me is pretty black and white (pun intended), and it not an isolated case it's about any group of people, being treated less than fair, or being judged or stereotyped, or their lives mattering less, due to their skin colour, sexual orientation or identity, religious beliefs etc. 

What country do you live in

F*** black lives matter, all lives matter, that motto is racist itself. Mavri need to stop blaming white people for their problems, and instead do something about it themselves. We all know that like 99% of black deaths are black on black, where is that mentioned? The reason why black people are stereotyped so much is because they painted that image for themselves, not us whites. I'm friends with very mature educated black people, but the other majority of the population needs to learn how to pull up their pants, stop calling each other n.i.g.g.e.r.s., get out of that 'gangsta' life, and speak normal English. Nobody is preventing them from this but themselves, but ofcourse, it's easier to just blame white people.

The 99% stat is horse poop, and I really doubt that you are a person your black mature people really would consider you their friend if they knew how you felt in your above post.

• Lazarus changed the title to Black Lives Matter Movement