Phantis Forums

UEFA Champions League Qualifiers 2016-2017

Tzatziki

There attacking play was putrid today and the final ball in the last third of the field was horrible. I thought they would at least score a goal vs this team. Only threatening chance came in the last few minutes.

Truly a sad display for what we have come to expect from our team. The squad looks very unprepared for this tie, hopefully we will not have a Qabala moment next week or things will get ugly, 15k fans have already paid for season tickets until now.

truth be told when you go  from valverde ,Michel ,Silva to Victor Sanchez kati den pae kala.

Truth is his resume does not inspire much, but the club has worked with him before, you would assume that they know what they are doing. He has been at the club for roughly a month, let's see if the club made the right move, it is still too early to know for sure, but the start has been less than promising.

Marinakis layed down the law after the match to the players, coach etc.

Fair enough as he pays the bills but he's also kind of the problem too.

Truth is nothing is lost as they can pinch an away goal or 2.

FFS, they beat Arsenal away last season. Also Dinamo too who are a better team than Hapoel.

That's one thing I really hate Greek football. The owners are far more involved than in any other country in the world. Whether it's Marinaki storming down to the rooms and having a tanty or Savvidis/Alfouza threatning to leave the league every other week. These guys are meant to provide financial stability for the club and employ people who know about football to run the football part of things. But in Greece thats not the case, and it contributes to the poor quality of our league. 

Anyways dissapointing result, at least an away goal wasn't conceded.  I still think olympiako will go through, a win or a score draw will do!

• Like it 2

The worst thing about this is that since you guys will still end up going through, this just cuts into the already-meager contribution that the match would have made to the coefficient points. Oh well. Live and learn.

• Like it 1

I can't for the life of me understand where was Pardo yesterday. One of our top performers from last season is passed up for Jimmy Durmaz.

My thoughts exactly, Pardo was a huge factor for us in Europe last year.

As if our offensive game was not impotent enough, some bad luck for Jimmy below. Hopefully Pardo is fit to play and Silva gives him a start on the right. Pulido is doing better and made the trip to Israel, only players who stayed in Greece are Jimmy, Siovas and Omar, Kasami has left for England today as well and will not be with the club for very much longer most likely.

Edited by Tzatziki