Phantis Forums

Athens Mosque

Guest PastMember

It's not practical nor prudent to have open borders right now.

I wouldn't want Greeks coming into my country in large numbers wanting to build Churches, be loud, disrespecting our beautiful environment, throw garbage everywhere, when they don't understand how to be civil (they argue all the time, and seemingly hate each other), and don't really understand how a modern country should operate without corruption and with civic order and respect. I fear that many of them don't really accept the democratic process, nor care for human rights, or civil rights, and don't understand the concept of separation church-state.

The older generation has a lot of bad habits (which in a warped romanticized way made Greece special and at the same time somewhat brutish and refreshingly untamed to me) which contributed directly to the economic mess. Over the last few years (I visit every year) I have seen small steps forward in mentality of a few people young and old, but they are not the rule rather they are the exception. Nevertheless progress is progress even if it is slow, and some don't wish to change, long term these bad habits will be history, how long exactly is anyone's guess.

• Like it 1

Oh, great. I'm starting a new campaign to get the true Hellenes on board to restore our great civilization. We should not rest until the Parthenon is restored to its old glory and re-dedicated to Athena!

You infidels, occupying our land!  Brainwashed children of an alien religion born in Judea.  Pfff.