Phantis Forums

PAS in Europe 2016/2017

Dutch Eagle

The draw for EL Q1 and Q2 was held today.

PAS will face the winner of Odds BK (Norway) against IFK Mariehamn (Finland) on July 14th and 21st in Q2. PAS will start with a home game.

Q3 must be possible by strenght. The fact that those Scandinavian countries are in the middle of the season and PAS in preseason could be a big disadvantage.

True. Also has the PAS squad even been finalized? They sold Manias so they need reinforcements.

PAS would technically be better than both but as you say those teams are in the middle of their seasons.

We need all Greek teams to progress as far as they can for the co-efficient points.

They need to make some moves this summer if they want any hope of making it to the group stage. This first round shouldn't be that tough for them; it's the playoffs that will hurt. I've read that they're looking for loans of a few marginal PAOK players (Antonis and Sabo), both of whom have the potential to be better than most of their current options...

well done PAS....

But i question the quality/standard of these Scandinavian teams...Atromitos smacked a highly rated AIK Solna 1-3 this time last year...

I reckon outside Copenhagen, Rosenborg,Malmo  the standard seems to drop off dramatically..

remember July would be a terrible time for any Greek team to be prepared... especially battler teams like PAS/Atromitos..

PAS will be in de drawing pot with the unseeded and will face one of the next clubs:

AZ Alkmaar (NED)

Krasnodar (RUS)

Partizan (SRB) or Zaglebie Lubin (POL)

Sassuolo (ITA)

Rio Ave (POR)

Omonoia (CYP) or Beitar (ISR)