CORATIA 2-0 ICELAND

CROATIA 1-0 UKRAINE

ICELAND 1-0 CROATIA

CROATIA 1-0 KOSOVO

TURKEY 1-0 CROATIA

CROATIA 1-1 FINLAND

UKRAINE 0-2 CROATIA

Edited by J1078

In its current state, Croatia look to be the 3rd strongest seeded team behind Italy and Switzerland. They finished runners up to a mediocre Iceland team in a deep group I, but without a superpower. Then again, Croatia was supposed to be that superpower but failed to take control.

As for us, we put ourselves in this position and can't expect an easy draw. Let us hope our stars stay healthy, in form and Manolas recovers on time.  

Edited by Argy
  • Like it 3

5 minutes ago, J1078 said:

Croatia's qualifying campaign

CROATIA 1-1 TURKEY

KOSOVO 0-6 CROATIA

FINLAND 0-1 CROATIA

CORATIA 2-0 ICELAND

CROATIA 1-0 UKRAINE

ICELAND 1-0 CROATIA

CROATIA 1-0 KOSOVO

TURKEY 1-0 CROATIA

CROATIA 1-1 FINLAND

UKRAINE 2-0 CROATIA

You got the last one mixed up there. It was actually 2-0 for Croatia. 

I don't fear these guys at all we just must play out a draw away! I rather play these guys than Italy at a full stadio olimpico! These guys have tempers drain there game let them make the mistakes!

Edited by Megas

2 minutes ago, kbxk508 said:

If we do get the job done, it will be massive party in Athens on the return leg. Looking at their results, they have only conceded 4 times in 10 matches. This will be tough. I can only see 0-0 and 1-0 score lines.

That's fine since 0-0 and 1-0 scorelines are what we usually see from Greece no matter who we play...

Edited by Argy

27 minutes ago, Megas said:

How do they compare to Belgium?

Belgium: 9 wins, 1 draw, 0 losses / 43 GF, 6 GA

Croatia (with a slightly deeper group but no powerhouse): 6 wins, 2 draws, 2 losses / 15 GF, 4 GA

Greece (in a group with with powerhouse Belgium): 5 wins, 4 draws, 1 loss / 17 GF, 6 GA

There is an evident gap between Belgium and Croatia and Greece gave Belgium their toughest matches since Euro 2016 that could have easily ended in a win and a draw. Greece and Croatia look very evenly matched.

Edited by Argy
  • Like it 4

20 minutes ago, Megas said:

How do they compare to Belgium?

Croatia are solid. talented side that will be difficult to break down. In that sense they are harder for us, but they are not as menacing going forward. I have no doubt that their tactics will be to not concede a goal at home.

1 hour ago, Argy said:

Belgium: 9 wins, 1 draw, 0 losses / 43 GF, 6 GA

Croatia (with a slightly deeper group but no powerhouse): 6 wins, 2 draws, 2 losses / 15 GF, 4 GA

Greece (in a group with with powerhouse Belgium): 5 wins, 4 draws, 1 loss / 17 GF, 6 GA

There is an evident gap between Belgium and Croatia and Greece gave Belgium their toughest matches since Euro 2016 that could have easily ended in a win and a draw. Greece and Croatia look very evenly matched.

Croatia have skilled players Modric, Rakitic, and Perisic, but they are not even close to what Belgium can throw out on the pitch. Greece hung in there with Belgium and we will be able to play with Croatia. Listened to the draw on nova sport and one of the commentators just before draw said give me Croatia. I would have preferred Denmark but thank God we did not draw Italy. We can do this! Go Greece!

• Like it 2

Greece v Croatia positionally:

GK: Karnezis (Watford) v Subasic (Monaco): Once your keeper is a certain class, as both these keepers are, it is hard to distinguish an edge even though the latter has more playing time at a top club. I would call this a draw. Both players will do their job at a high level. 

Defense:

Sokratis, Manolas, Papadopoulos, Torosidis, Retsos, Stafylidis, Tzavellas > Lovren, Vida, Mitrovic, Vrsaljko, Pivaric

Midfield:

Samaris, Zeca, Tachtsidis, Fortounis, Mantalos, Tziolis < Modric, Rakitic, Badelj, Perisic, Rog

Attack:

Mitroglou, Donis, Karelis, Gianniotas, Lazaros = Mandzukic, Kramaric, Cop

Edited by Argy
  • Like it 3

1 hour ago, Argy said:

In its current state, Croatia look to be the 3rd strongest seeded team behind Italy and Switzerland. They finished runners up to a mediocre Iceland team in a deep group I, but without a superpower. Then again, Croatia was supposed to be that superpower but failed to take control.

As for us, we put ourselves in this position and can't expect an easy draw. Let us hope our stars stay healthy, in form and Manolas recovers on time.  

Good points, plus Croatia tied Finland at home a game I watched and Finland were unlucky not to have come away with the win. 

Even though Croatia have bigger name players I also am glad we avoided the Swiss. We tend to typically play better against better offensive teams that have a weaker defence. Lets be honest We are going to park the bus and try and defend like hell and try to frustrate them and hope we can attack on the counter or off a set piece. This is the way we win... Everyone can call it "anti football" or Ugly boring soccer" I say who gives a s%&#036;#&#33; we are who we are. We have a solid back end and we need to use it to our advantage.

Edited by J1078
  • Like it 4

• Dutch Eagle pinned, unpinned and locked this topic