Phantis Forums

Road To Russia 2018 FIFA World Cup

Hmm. Sounds like a grade two or grade three adductor strain.

As a general rule, grade one groin strains should be rested from sporting activity for about 3 weeks, and grade two / grade three injuries for about 4 to 6 weeks.

This is not an injury you want to rush back from, unless you risk longer term problems.

Looks like we will be without him for both games and that means we will be without Socratis and Manolas for game 1.

18 minutes ago, kbxk508 said:

Hmm. Sounds like a grade two or grade three adductor strain.

As a general rule, grade one groin strains should be rested from sporting activity for about 3 weeks, and grade two / grade three injuries for about 4 to 6 weeks.

This is not an injury you want to rush back from, unless you risk longer term problems.

Looks like we will be without him for both games and that means we will be without Socratis and Manolas for game 1.

Without Sokratis??

20 minutes ago, Megas said:

thank god manolas is ok.  we need all 3 centre backs fit and ready to play. we must not concede to win. that's my opinion. aslong as we don't concede we just need half a chance to take the tie.

I agree with you about the not conceding but as far as Manolas being okay we still don't know if he will be ready or cleared to play for us as they're saying he needs roughly 4 weeks..

In case you missed this latest interview article by agonasport.com on papastathopoulos it is worth a read.

http://www.agonasport.com/agonasport-allnews/sokratis-it-is-a-blessing-to-be-born-greek

It talks about how the players feel, how they have become a team again, and the Greek spirit. I look forward to the draw, and of course the playoffs.

"come and get them"

• Like it 1

On 15/10/2017 at 7:56 PM, Ellada2004 said:

You guys think he Manolas will be back for playoffs?

What's goingon with Karelis?

karelis just came back from his injury and played a game with genk's b team...he is slowly coming back and i think he might crack into the squad if he gets fit in time and gets playing time in his team...currently they're doing s%$#! which means they will have him around to help them a bit in the next weeks.

• Like it 1

Croatia it is, first leg away from home

It will be tough no doubt, Croatia have a quality team and particularly their midfield/attack is good. The question as seems to be with Croatia, is their defence; they'll boss midfield and possession, we'll get our chances, just need to take them. 

Would have preferred the second leg away 

Edited by paokarag4

• Dutch Eagle pinned, unpinned and locked this topic