Phantis Forums

Turkey

Guest PastMember

The two countries were never happy with the Lausanne treaty and had lots of internal opposition to the leaders who signed it, accusing them of being traitors.

There won't probably be a big war between Greece and Turkey, but it doesn't have to be. A small one, a few days or weeks long and Greece will lose more ground as Turkey's military is bigger and geography favors it. NATO wouldn't allow it? Then how did it allow it in 1974?  Greece should be very careful in picking a fight, because it's weaker now.

Erdogan dreams of greater Turkey; he's very dangerous, like Putin. Both see that a conflict near their borders is an opportunity for expansion and for spurring nationalism which makes them stronger. 

• 2 weeks later...
12 minutes ago, Reaper said:

For internal consumption indeed. Just goes to show what the majority of Turks think about the current borders. Erdogan is speaking the mind of the majority of Turks who voted for him.

And the other 40% or so are too down right scared to saying anything against it.

On 31/10/2016 at 8:12 PM, tantra129 said:

that's one big city ....... how long were you there for?

Not nearly long enough, the city is massive indeed. As for Erdo, the handful of young people with an education or non ehnocntric point of view we're not big fans to say the least. Apparently he surrounding himself or appointing to key positions people who are unqualified and incapable but who will do as they are told. Nothing new under the sun for sure, but his imprisoning of some 20 thousand teachers and professors is alarming and a whole generation that is now coming of age will be lost. Also about half the country does support him regardless, from the word of mouth I received...and he wishes to boost population numbers by encouraging ppl to have 2-3 or more kids, while many people struggle to feed the kids they have already.

http://doureiostupos.blogspot.se/2016/11/photos_35.html?spref=fb

http://doureiostupos.blogspot.se/2015/10/blog-post_89.html

I will not comment on the site itself, but this was a quite interesting find. 

Everything read is according to how the Turkish propaganda works. You will soon see how Erdogan will claim these Turks being badly treated and how the Turkish state must intervene to protect their people. Wouldn't surprise me if he suggests some sort of referendum also. This is also why we can't let the Turks get the visa free travel, they would quite quickly settle on small Greek islands, Thrace and Cyprus.

Also, remember that organizations as the one described in the first link are often in direct connection to Erdogan and AKP. We've had some scandals here in Sweden with elected parliamentarians that have been ultra-nationalistic Turks and been in direct contact to the Grey wolves's Swedish section. They all had connections to AKP and some association they've set up and sponsor that work for Turkey's cause in European countries.

edit: Found this link http://www.ekathimerini.com/212931/article/ekathimerini/news/erdogans-talk-of-kinsmen-in-thrace-raises-concerns-in-greece 

Edited by PAOKSWEDEN

• 3 weeks later...
On ‎11‎/‎14‎/‎2016 at 2:31 AM, tantra129 said:

Erdogan has invited trump to visit before the inauguration.  Smart man. 

Obama is going to Greece.

then some people say Obama is pro turkic?

he also spoke to the gobblers pm as well. not a good sign.

22 hours ago, grkjet said:

Lol I just read that. He also apparently called Israel's actions in Gaza comparable to that of Hitlers. 

I would like to know with what international body he will be discussing the treaty with. For sure it won't be Greece. Regardless, there's no reason to believe Erdogan isn't trying to make Turkey the worlds true Islamic Caliphate. 

His comments will certainly not make the likes of Germany, France, Britain, or America happy. Russia has never liked Turkey and I doubt this would make them like Turkey any more. So as Erdogan continues to make these highly provocative comments, he is also digging himself a bigger grave. In a world where everyone is increasingly connected, having allies gains more and more importance. Aside from Azerbaijan and a few other Muslim countries, I think Turkey is also being viewed as a less stable country, and perhaps Greece will come out of this being viewed as more reliable, and more in line with western culture and values.

Russia not liking the gobblers can be put in question. why? economic reasons. $$$$. they are good trade partners. the more aggressive he becomes the more and more it seems that it was a reverse coup that occurred. turkey is the new iran.

sad but there are so many lobbyists that support and help this pos country its sickening and many and I mean many usa reps and senators take that blood money and do not care or don't understand or well don't give an F#$%!

http://www.newsweek.com/us-should-extradite-coup-suspect-fethullah-gulen-turkey-says-trump-adviser-519534?utm_source=internal&utm_campaign=incontent&utm_medium=related4

Greece is screwed. The writing is on the wall unfortunately. 

“We need to adjust our foreign policy to recognize Turkey as a priority. We need to see the world from Turkey’s perspective,” retired Lt. Gen. Michael T. Flynn wrote for the conservative news website The Hill.

That's from the national security advisor and one of Trumps top advisors (Flynn) who also has deep connections to Turkey.

Completely screwed. They better have a strategy to defend the islands/Thrace. 

30 minutes ago, ThrylosG7 said:

Imagine - just for a moment in the joint press conference - Tsipras comes out and says the Treaty of Lausanne is  not negotiable under any circumstances.

Now back to reality - I will love to see if any Greek journalist has the @@ to ask about it  surely it must be on the agenda - considering his recent comments

I'd be curious to hear.

Greece can't do anything and Turkey knows it.  Europe is more worried about not offending Mohammad and Abdul and providing refugees with halal beef.  The Muslims continue to play Europe for what they are.  A bunch of spineless pansies.

Absolutely. You hold a military exercise exactly where they told you not to IMMEDIATELY. I am not some nationalist beat your chest Ellinara, however what I do know is what you do to bullies. You call them on their bullshit and you stand up to them. Otherwise they continue to take advantage and won't stop. I normally would think a statement like Kammenos made to be retarded however it's exactly what was/is needed and the Turks need some of this to back off. A lot more. I cant read Erdogan/Turkey.  My gut tells me this is a lot of hot air and the typical bravado when there is internal problems, ie the fake coup and Erdogan brining his enemies to their knees but which really is damaging the country and let's create some tension outside to take the focus off and beat our chests. But I can't help not to take the things they are saying serious. You shouldn't say s%$#! like that unless you are ready to fight. That's my mindset. Relations have really soured and no Greek should take these words lightly. Erdogan is crazy, who knows what he may try to pull. All I know is in 96 the Turks didn't truly want to fight for Imia and we called their bluff. This has to happen more. And be prepared for the worse. It's easy to say from afar but if they don't do this from the start they may find themselves in a worse situation later on.

Tsipra needs to say something....

• Like it 1

9 hours ago, Reaper said:

You can almost guarantee no Greek will be bothered to investigate it. 

BS Millions of Greeks and you speak down on all of them from behind a monitor as if you are better than all of them. Dropi sou.

• Like it 2

2 hours ago, grkjet said:

A turk MP wants to sail over to 18 or so islands in the aegean, take down the Greek flag, put the turkish flag, and then mail the flag to us..... I got a kick out of this, but I would love for him to do that, put a few bullets through him and see who's taking what flag down. 

No need for bullets.  The town folk would give him the beating of his life.

• Like it 1

I think Greeks should get off their high horse (the glory of ancient Hellas) and get with the reality of being a screwed-up nation. They should drop the illusion that the world owes them and that constantly conspires against them....

Since their independence, those in-bred Giaour have been a deplorable cry-babies, with genocidal and fratricidal practices.... not unlike some of their neighbors! (you know, like the f**ken Mongols).

But, of course, I love all of you in this forum; you're different.

Edited by Hudson

@Hudson

I was going to respond  but grkjet posts covers it very accurately..

whatever you want to throw at modern Hellas...has been eclipsed by Erdogan x 100000..He is a piece of work...and his millions of followers and their mob mentality is not part of the modern world...

In the spirit of moving forward and good neighborly relations I was prepared to give modern a Turkey an opportunity ..but Erdogan's attitude..has made me think the sooner he burns in hell...and his followers do to..the world will be better off...so to will HELLAS..

On 12/9/2016 at 6:16 PM, RED SHERIFF said:

@Hudson

I was going to respond  but grkjet posts covers it very accurately..

whatever you want to throw at modern Hellas...has been eclipsed by Erdogan x 100000..He is a piece of work...and his millions of followers and their mob mentality is not part of the modern world...

In the spirit of moving forward and good neighborly relations I was prepared to give modern a Turkey an opportunity ..but Erdogan's attitude..has made me think the sooner he burns in hell...and his followers do to..the world will be better off...so to will HELLAS..

So, what you're saying is that both Greeks and Turks are malakes, just the Turks are a lot more. OK. I got it.

By the way, if Erdogan goes to burn in hell, and even if Turkey disappears, Greeks are still going to be malakes according to this logic. Good.

j5v9k4.jpg