Phantis Forums

The Artist Formerly Known as Prince dies at57

Singer Prince dies at 57

(CNN)The artist known as Prince, who pioneered "the Minneapolis sound" and took on the music industry in his fight for creative freedom, died Thursday at age 57.

"It is with profound sadness that I am confirming that the legendary, iconic performer, Prince Rogers Nelson, has died at his Paisley Park residence this morning at the age of 57," said his publicist Yvette Noel-Schure.

Earlier Thursday, police said they were investigating a death Paisley Park studios in Chanhassen, Minnesota.

There is a massive outpouring of grief on social media. Some are saying the icon's death is what it sounds like when doves cry, a reference to his monster hit.

That Kevin Smith story is one of my favorites. I totally buy it too. Prince was absolutely insane, but that's half of the appeal. And unlike his great rival, he wasn't a goddamn child molester. Just a freak. Awww yeaaaa

• Like it 1

Well according to Shinead O'Conner.. there was a darker side.

Sin?ad O'Connor on more than one occasion told a story about her relationship with Prince. She said that Prince had summoned her to his house after "Nothing Compares 2 U", a song that Prince wrote, became a worldwide hit for O'Connor in 1990. O'Connor said, "I made it without him. I'd never met him. He summoned me to his house?and it's foolish to do this to an Irish woman?he said he didn't like me saying bad words in interviews. So I told him to F*** off." O'Connor said: "He got quite violent. I had to escape out of his house at 5 in the morning. He packed a bigger punch than mine." Prince denied her account.

Perhaps so. I also would not be surprised if O'Connor - who is not only as insane as Prince, but unstable to boot - made it up. He-said, she-said.

I imagine when someone is as famous as Prince was for as long as he was, it is not even possible to be normal. You have people kissing your shithole 24/7 and it's just a whole different reality.

• Like it 1

You sound a lot like I do with messi there Pash.... ;)

The difference is that I'm not spending every day trying to kiss his shithole, as our creamy friend mentioned just now.