Phantis Forums

Grexit or not

athinaios

To be or not to be? This is the question. Or, more aptly:

• Do you think UEFA will kick Greece out?
  • Will this be a bad or a good thing?
  • Can there be internal reform to create a truly professional and fair league?

We should have a Pantis poll. If we don't make a deal uefa will ban us. I think for certain in the short term at least it would be a disaster for us. In the long term it could go either way, if positive changes happen then obv. it will be good. If it is more of the same but no real change well, you get the idea. Internal reform is possible, but unlikely imo. People are naturally resistant to it. I think small incremental change is more realistic and sustainable as opposed to shock treatment like a euro ban. But anything is possible let's see.

The real victim here is the NT.

I don't want Grexit, but If it goes ahead, I will have no sympathy for the clubs.  They are all responsible in their own way for the state of the GSL.  They have all been selfish and never really tried to improve the league.  Let's face it, the GSL is full of thugs and criminals.  The EPO as well have pocketed money and have done zero to benefit football in Greece.

To be or not to be? This is the question. Or, more aptly:

• Do you think UEFA will kick Greece out?
  • Will this be a bad or a good thing?
  • Can there be internal reform to create a truly professional and fair league?

- I don't think they will kick us out. There are already backdoor deals being made between EPO/Government/Teams.

- Not sure, but could be a good start to tackle the problems facing Greek football.

- Just like with Greek politics, as long as the laws are not strictly and fairly enforced the chance of internal reforms working are minimal.  

• 3 years later...