Phantis Forums

Panama Papers

I'm sure I'm not the only one who is loving all of this coverage of the Panama Papers. I figure it would be a good idea to have a thread dedicated to it in this forum. At the time of this writing, the Prime Minister of Iceland has stepped down, Russia is saying ridiculous things, and China is censoring the rather damning evidence of its own leadership's secret business dealers.

This is, by far, the largest data leak by a whistleblower in history. Files on some 240,000 companies totalling nearly three TERABYTES of documents, photos, and PDFs have made their way to dozens of investigative journalists, many of whom have been working on these stories for a year. The repercussions of this leak will be felt for a long time.

• Like it 1

A short film about the creation of the Panama papers. They spend a good amount of time with the sole reporter in Iceland who broke their portion of the story (including the now-infamous interview with their now-former PM). Hopefully the next vid shows us how Messi is a tax cheat.

• Like it 1

They do mention that in the video. It's not surprising, he was in trouble just last year for this. Messi is definitely a cheat, it's only his popularity that has kept him out of jail.