Phantis Forums

Players on loan

CH-Thrylos

lackzo is released

Thats too bad... I thought Lackzo could have been something really good and maybee been a solid back up for ddjordjvic considering it doesnt look like were going to sign another left mid

• 7 years later...

The club has not made any official statement so perhaps now that Benitez got hurt vs Brazil the other night the deal may not go through? We will see. One thing I am pretty sure about our coach is below par when it comes to evaluating player abilities, this is a key skill for us, and we can't afford to have this man make bad decisions in player acquisitions and departures.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Gianniota is becoming a club legend for APOEL, I can see them making a serious bid to keep him in Cyprus this time around, especially if they get that group stage CL money. I hope our brothers with the funny accent get a good draw Friday.

Edited by Tzatziki

I have not really seen much of Gianniota, but I think Seba is a pretty solid winger, he can create space for himself, he works hard at both ends of the pitch, gets himself into good positions, his finishing though is below par, if it was halfway decent I think he would score close to ten goals a year in this not so Super League of ours.

He does get past players often enough I think, it's true like you say that he does not have that x factor or superior dribbling skill like a weiss kevin or galletti, but few players do, and they are not lining up to come to Greece. They have to be overpaid and even then they often prefer to be in a better league. Mirallas was a bust in France and came here to jump start his career, Galleti I think craved to be the star at a club with a decent size fan base, some CL exposure good money etc, and his club might have only let him go so easy because they knew he was damaged goods, Weiss was just a mercenary and its a shame because the kid has skills to spare, but any young guy that chooses to stay in the desert for more than 6 months to a year for me is not the kind of player I want at our club. I respect that football is a business and he has the right to make all the money he can, but I prefer a player who wants to do big things, not play in a league that is about as relevant as the salad menu of mc donalds.

• Like it 1