Phantis Forums

Friendly: Greece-Iceland(29 March 2016, Giorgos Karaiskaki, Piraeus)

Omonoia9

I don't think kapino being an osfp player is the reason for his selection....

he is considered the keeper with the biggest upside long term....therefore the thinking is...keep him part of the squad.

the only reason he is not playing club football is because of Roberto.....  no other reason..

no one knew Barkas 2 months ago.....Dioudis, Vellidis have their critics...

• Like it 1

The attendance was very low, the stadium looked empty. I understand people are frustrated with the way the team has played, myself included but have people just completely given up on this team? I would say maybe it's a result of the economy but the club teams do pretty well so I just don't get it. I guess the club teams have more of a loyal crowd and the NT only gets followers when they win and make tournaments.

That is exactly what happens. The NT is something only people in the diaspora seem to care about.

I do think that the side of crowd that sat on the camera's side during the game was larger than on the other (visible) half of the stadium, however. Still not a significant number of people.

That is exactly what happens. The NT is something only people in the diaspora seem to care about.

I do think that the side of crowd that sat on the camera's side during the game was larger than on the other (visible) half of the stadium, however. Still not a significant number of people.

that's not what I've seen. rather the Greeks of Greece care less about friendlies. They care more for the high stake games.

there is still a load of curiosity over the friendlies too, but most Greeks of Greece just reserve themselves to highlights / report.

World Cup / Euros the atmosphere is just as crazy if not more then the Greek Towns of the diaspora.

We do have a keeper in Holland who is apparently having a great season.

We also have Konstantopoulos, he plays for Middlesborough and the last two seasons his team has been near the top of the English Championship. 

This is from wikipedia:

Dimi?s strong performances have meant the Greek has seized his place as Boro?s number one and Karanka has hailed the keeper as an example to others.  In 24 league matches this season he has kept 15 clean sheets and eight in a row. Additionally he succeeded to have 9 clean sheets in home games and in 13 home games so far had only received 2 goals. [57] On 18 February 2016, on a report written by Jonathon Taylor, Konstantopoulos having conceded only 16 goals in 30 league games to date, he is on course to become the most successful goalkeeper in more than 100 Boro campaigns. Dimi has kept 17 clean sheets already this season, four more than Bayern Munich No 1 Manuel Neuer and five more than Arsenal stopper Petr Cech. He was part of the record-breaking Boro rearguard who racked up nine consecutive league clean sheets, smashing a 30-year club milestone.

Don't know of a Youtube link, but you can try this:

http://www.atdhe24.net/events/2016-mar-29/greece-vs-iceland-1508641.html

Also found this link:

http://www.livesoccertv.com/match/1849464/greece-vs-iceland/

Which say's Bwin and Bet365 will both be streaming the game but you need to register. Luckily I've already got a bet365 account. 

Edited by Chris Tsamados

If the lineup posted previously is correct , I cant see us not conceding a goal. Oikonomou unexperienced, Moras old/not having good matches with club/siovas very slow / tzavellas unneeded in defence.

Also I cant see us scoring either with just 3 out of 11 players being offensive. Good luck to us keeping them at draw.

• Like it 1

yeah can't see us winning without mitro, samaris, manolas, sokratis out of the lineup. basically our 4 best players. unless fortounis & velios have a magical chemistry, but I won't hold my breathe.

Edited by georgelaz