Phantis Forums

Transfer News And Rumors - Summer 2016

Dutch Eagle

Chatziisaias has apparently rejected a loan move to Cadiz, who is playing in Spain's second division. Very stupid decision by him. If he wants to have a future with this club, he's got to go somewhere he'll play and get better.

Apparently Leverkusen asked about Tzavellas and we told them he's not for sale. One more good season, though, and I guarantee you he'll be happily on his way back to Deutschland while we pocket some solid cash. Good sign.

Take what deal? There was no deal.  He didn't want to come to Greece for obvious reasons.  He had no intentions of coming to Greece.  I'd even bet he'd take less money to NOT come to Greece.

Super League is a 3rd Tier league in Europe.  Players come to Greece as a stepping stone to a 2nd or 1st tier team, OR as a last stop before retirement.  There are exceptions, of course, but for the most part that's what it is.  You don't come to Super League when there are other offers on the table unless (like the ARAB and CHINESE league) you get grossly overpaid...or you're going to Oly with Champions League play guaranteed (even though it looks like those days are also close to over).

Edited by BostonThanatos
  • Like it 2

7 hours ago, Blackhawk said:

Apparently we are after 2 players. One center forward and one winger. 

Players Michel is after are Alvaro Vasquez (Getafe) and Tiam on loan from Juventus. Plan B if one of them does not work out is Miku from Rayo.

All of these are just rumors, so there might be other surprises.

Vasqeuz may not be what many consider to be a BAM but he's exactly the right age for Paok and whilst he hasn't been a goal scoring machine in Spain it should translate to more goals in Greece. Hope we get him over the line,  he will fit in nicely. 

2 hours ago, BostonThanatos said:

Take what deal? There was no deal.  He didn't want to come to Greece for obvious reasons.  He had no intentions of coming to Greece.  I'd even bet he'd take less money to NOT come to Greece.

Super League is a 3rd Tier league in Europe.  Players come to Greece as a stepping stone to a 2nd or 1st tier team, OR as a last stop before retirement.  There are exceptions, of course, but for the most part that's what it is.  You don't come to Super League when there are other offers on the table unless (like the ARAB and CHINESE league) you get grossly overpaid...or you're going to Oly with Champions League play guaranteed (even though it looks like those days are also close to over).

Define 3rd tier. Who else is in this "3rd tier"? What do you define as 2nd tier?

Lol

10 hours ago, pash said:

Chatziisaias has apparently rejected a loan move to Cadiz, who is playing in Spain's second division. Very stupid decision by him. If he wants to have a future with this club, he's got to go somewhere he'll play and get better.

Steaua back on the table...

8 hours ago, BostonThanatos said:

He's responding to me, who was in turn responding to the rumors.

7 hours ago, Akritis_1944 said:

Define 3rd tier. Who else is in this "3rd tier"? What do you define as 2nd tier?

Lol

3rd Tier- As in:

1st Tier Leagues in Europe: Spain, England, Germany, Italy, France

2nd Tier: Russia, Portugal, Ukraine, Turkey, Netherlands

3rd Tier: Greece, Croatia, Belgium, Czech Republic, Israel

That's just off the top of my head, and of course it is my opinion.  There isn't an "Official" Tier system.

Do you disagree? Or is Super league on par with Portugal, Turkey, Russia etc?  If so, why is it a no brainer for a player to leave Greece to go to Benfica, Porta, Zenit CSKA, Galata, Fener, Ajax etc??

Is the concept of Greece being 3rd Tier, in the above context,  really that laughable?

Edited by BostonThanatos
  • Like it 1

Ok, as I suspected you're just making stuff up.

For the record, Netherlands below Greece at present in the rankings.

What I agree is with what the last few years for Greek football show is that it's sliding in terms of results by the Greek clubs.

I don't think Israel is close to Greece at present.

PAOK on it's day can complete with most clubs in Europe and I include some English, German and Spanish clubs.

14 minutes ago, Akritis_1944 said:

PAOK on it's day can complete with most clubs in Europe and I include some English, German and Spanish clubs.

I agree with Boston here... Right now all those LEAGUES are better than the Greek league. You can point to a couple of teams and say yeah we can compete... but I think most of our teams would be relegated from the top leagues  no problem and our top teams would be mid table at best

• Like it 1

Most of the leagues he mentioned are better than the Greek league (albeit I'd argue against the Czech and Israeli leagues), but my point was the idea that the Greek league is "3rd tier".

There are 50 leagues in Europe, so are we to say that the Greek league is at the same level as the Slovakian, Lithuanian leagues etc

• Like it 1

33 minutes ago, Akritis_1944 said:

Ok, as I suspected you're just making stuff up.

For the record, Netherlands below Greece at present in the rankings.

What I agree is with what the last few years for Greek football show is that it's sliding in terms of results by the Greek clubs.

I don't think Israel is close to Greece at present.

I didn't just pull it out of thin air...this is how most people view the Leagues in Europe.  Just because a Greek team can compete (on its best day) with a top team in England, Germany, Spain (on their worst day) doesn't mean s%$#!. 

Gamiseta...if we're going to tear each other apart over kafenio talk....eimaste gia desimo.

By the way, 3rd Tier isn't the last/worst tier....  It's like saying Portugal's League is a level above Greece....and Spain's league is a level above them.  Our league is a level above Cypress, Romania, etc.... No need to get butthurt about it.

Edited by BostonThanatos

Joking aside, Platanias had a decent team last season. Skondras should be a good fit for them.

Rayo is asking for 6 mil for Miku. If I was Michel I would tell them to go screw themselves. Rayo saw that we are getting 6 mil from the Lucas transfer, and they want to get their dirty hands on that money.

• Like it 1

It seems we have an agreement with Getafe for Vasquez, all we need now is for the player to agree. I would hope that we haven't gone all this way to learn that he is not interested in coming here.

As for Skondras - he's a decent player who would improve Platanias. I'd prefer him to get a job overseas, but the clock's ticking.