Phantis Forums

Transfer News And Rumors - Summer 2016

Dutch Eagle

I think it's much more likely that we'd make an attempt for Verdi, personally. Either way, we need these three strikers. Can't keep playing wingers as CFs when cards/injuries/fatigue start to take over...

We'll find out more about him very soon - tomorrow (today for you Austrians) is the deadline for Carpi, before new bids can be entertained. If the rumors are right, we'll be set to splurge a bit on a striker - I doubt Verdi is splurge-worthy, however. Too young/inexperienced.

Apparently the boss over at Steaua is now saying he wants EUR 2mm for Varela. Seems there are rumors of Olympiakos wanting him as well, which is driving up the price. I think we should look somewhere else if they really want that kind of cash.

Wasn't this the guy who gave up some crazy number of goals last year or the year before?

Varela has also said that he hasn't spoken to anyone from Olympiakos. It would be a real kick in the pants if we try to pull a Lucas/Deportivo and...fail.

There is nothing wrong with spending 2 million on a player, as long as they're worth it.  At that price, they must be 100% starting material and clearly be an upgrade in whatever position they play.  The question is, are any of these players worth it ?

I am not at all unhappy about that.

Looks like Carpi did not move on Verdi. Pescara (returning to Serie A next season) and Dynamo Kiev are reportedly also interested. Kiev is going straight to the CL group stage, however, so if they're serious about him then I think we have very little chance of actually getting him.

Agree about Mateous. I am not keen about this signing and won't mind if it falls through. They guy is 33 years old and I'd be surprised if he has 90 minutes in him week in week out. Maybe he could be another Vukic, that is, a super substitute, but I'd rather we get someone younger or give one of our younger players more game time.

Back to more important issues. What is happening with signing a quality CB ? If this ever happens, I'm going to get a bottle of scotch, strip down to my underwear and start dancing tsiftetelia.

• Like it 1

I really feel the club is in the right hands with savidis and feel that with investment in the youth we will continue to produce good young products. But isit enough??

Come on i want 4 quality signings come on