Phantis Forums

Transfer News And Rumors - Summer 2016

Dutch Eagle

I hope that whoever we sign, it's clearly an upgrade.  If not, don't bother.  Take Cimirot for example.  Once he got over his injury from game 1 (what luck!), you could see straight away that this kid was first team material.

The problem with our defense is that they are so inconsistent.  All of them.  Last season Skondras was a solid, this year nothing.  Last season Tzavellas was awful, this season excellent.  Vitor can be hit and miss but is overall a bit more consistent.  Kitsiou again inconsistent between seasons.  Konstantinidis could be the real deal but is made of glass.

To be competitive in the league you need all 4 in the back to be fit and in-form.  When has that been the case ?  What are the chances it will be next season ?  For how many games ?  That's the problem with our defense.  When they are all in form, our back line is fine.  But it is a rare thing indeed.

If you want to know how valuable a solid back line is, just look at Liecester.  Yeah sure, they had their luck but you know what, they only lost 3 games, because they made damn f--king sure that the opposition earned every single goal.  We gift goals to the opposition.

what we saw and learned this and last years is that we have many injuries (bad training center could be the main problem) and many games in season. so we need to have many quality players next year i think.

I remember when Ivic first become interim manager, he said that he had an idea of why we were getting so many injuries, but he didn't want to talk about it until he was 100% sure.  I haven't heard anything since.

• Like it 1

@Pash, I have to disagree. Vellidis is maybe good enough for Giannina, but not for us. We need someone who's better than Glykos.

About Vitor, well, it's Savvidis money after all. To me he's just average, but better than nothing, I guess...

Btw, Kitsiou was average this year, Skondras is too defensive and Konstantinidis is often injured. Of course we need someone else for that position.

However, the most important thing is to get a good dekari. Pelkas won't do it.

For me guys if we really want to lift some trophies and have a slight chance of making CL. We need to really improve the squad and renewing vitor will not help in anyway.

We need some quality olayers at the right age and with the hunger to play.

If we can build on players like gary, cmirok, leovac (ar lb) who came in and done well and have some good rotation players like mysta, pelkas, kitsiou, kace.

We need to add quality and keep Mak and add 3-4 champions league players across the main positions of AM, CM, CB, RB.

If we have signed matos for RB i feel thats a good start now we need 3 serious injections. Guys proven at high level not south american first timers in europe.

Lets see what happens but one thing is for sure. It would be nice to have all signing finished over the next 4 weeks.

• Like it 1

There's also been some rumours about Scarione (http://www.transfermarkt.com/oscar-scarione/profil/spieler/47011)

If we get rid of Pelkas (or players like Golasa, Sabo etc) and get both Verdi and Scarione we'll be very solid in the attacking midfield position. And that's what we should be after, having a solid line-up. If we can make a good season and do good in the european competitions, then we can start buying real paixtarades.

Edited by PAOKSWEDEN

Michel has been at it for a few months now, and they've probably known Ivic was the choice for at least a few weeks. Who knows, it wouldn't surprise me if they took advantage of the head start. I bet those six players are all still tentative, though.

Would surprise me if we have players ready to sign and the names haven't been leaked to the press. Somehow the newspapers always know what we're up for, the signings of Matos and Shakhov are great examples of that. Would be funny if Ivan and Michel would spread some rumours inside the club's offices and see who the rat/-s is/are.

We need to address the glaringly obvious right now which is signing a quality centreback, dekari and striker.

Upgrading goalkeepers and right backs is the last thing we should worry about when we have multiple players, adequate enough to play in those positions as we currently stand.

We also need to establish which players we are letting go.

EDIT: A classy winger wouldn't go amiss either

Edited by Pontos
  • Like it 1

I would not let Cimirot go. Keep him for at least one more season.

Sabo today said that he expects to be loaned out for next season.

I think Vellidis is gone. The is a clause in his contract that after 6 months he will return to Giannina if we are not happy with him.

I also expect Skondras and Golasa to be gone sooner than later.

• Like it 1

Keep Cimirot for at least one season and if someone is willing to buy him for some good millions then let him go.

Btw, Kace has only one year left at PAOK, either we sell him this summer or we extend his contract. Same goes for Mak. Personally, I'd like if they both stay, especially Mak could shoot us into the Champions League.

Greek media are full of rumours. I believe if it when the deal is sealed and the players gone.

Oh and actually... the rumour is spread by Bosnian media. They maybe know what Cimirot wants, but they surely have no insight into the affairs of our PAE PAOK.

T