Phantis Forums

Transfer News And Rumors - Summer 2016

Dutch Eagle

If ivic.is the coach next year or someone else. One thing i really cbf for in the pre season is hearing how good a job the coach is doing.

Being yes men in the media doesnt mean your supporting your team. I really am bired of the opado journalists in greece

• Like it 1

Apparently Lubos Michel will announce several signings, including the two that everyone already knows about (Matos and Shakhov).

Also, just heard Vitor on radio saying that there is still a chance that if PAOK wants him, he will stay.

http://thessports.gr/rumors/%CE%BC%CE%B5-%CE%BA%CF%85%CF%81%CE%B9%CE%AC%CE%BA%CE%BF-%CF%80%CE%B1%CF%80%CE%B1%CE%B4%CF%8C%CF%80%CE%BF%CF%85%CE%BB%CE%BF-%CE%BF-%CF%80%CE%B1%CE%BF%CE%BA/

This is a guy I'd kill for (most probably Pash) to get to PAOK. He's had many problems with injuries and it would have been amazing if he'd choose PAOK as a place to restart he's career. Of course the chances are very slim but if we would get some quality players and proceed to CL then maybe maybe there's a possibility... I'm sure Leverkusen would loan him out for a fee of 1,5-2 million.

That said, as a fan to the Greek NT I'd rather see him in a better league.

• Like it 1

PAOK is offering Vitor a 2-year contract worth 350K per season. Currently he is making 300K per season. Not sure if he has a better offer from Turkey. For that money I don't see a problem for him staying, as long as we will go ahead and sign a solid starter in the CB position.

• Like it 1

Verdi was seen as a big talent a few years ago and is still quite young.

In total he played 874 minutes last season, scored 4 goals and assisted to one goal. 279 of those minutes were in La liga with Eibar where he didn't score a single goal or made a single assist.

Would rather see a player that has shown more but he's young and that means he can develop at PAOK.

Edited by PAOKSWEDEN

what we saw and learned this and last years is that we have many injuries (bad training center could be the main problem) and many games in season. so we need to have many quality players next year i think.

so Glykos yes, and we need to buy 1 great goalkeeper

Leovac YES, Matos YES, Tzabellas YES, Kitsiou yes. so we are ready here after buying Matos.

Vitor YES, Chatzisaias yes, Malezas? yes. so we need to buy 1 great centerback

then we have a lot to change in middlefield and attack

Ivic says he wants to keep as much of the core together as possible. Vitor has proven himself there, and is willing to stay. Why rock the boat? I don't think it makes sense for the club to spend an ungodly amount of money on the off chance that they'd be able to force their way into the CL this season. It just seems unrealistic. I think we need to lay down some groundwork, and have reasonable goals for this year.

As far as goalkeepers - I don't think we need more at this point. Glykos and Vellidis are both capable of being starters. Why would we buy yet another GK? PAOK has only so much cash, why spread it thinner than we need to?

We have Leovac and apparently now Matos as LB, with Tzavellas as a logical #2 or #3 in that role - and Korovesis can work on that side as well. For RBs, we have Kitsiou and Skondras, with Konstantinidis possibly able to play two or three more matches before being permanently hospitalized. We're fine there too.

CBs, we need work in. Chatziisaias has a lot of potential, but he's still raw. Tzavellas had a good season, but you never know which version of him is going to show up. Vitor is solid, but he's not a star. Malezas is decent, but also not a star. Assuming we keep all four of these guys, some cash should be spent on getting someone who's REALLY GOOD if we want to have any chance of improving.

In the midfield, we have some dead weight we need to cut. Antonis, Golasa, Sabo, are not good enough. Tziolis is a drag on us more often than not, but I guess we just have to deal with him never leaving. Shakhov seems to me to be another Golasa, I don't think he's the answer to what we're looking for (a Kace replacement, assuming we sell). Charisis is gold, though, and I feel will end up a big improvement over Kace. Mistakidis and Pelkas are going to end up competing for that attacking midfielder position, but I feel that this is the #1 spot that we need to spend cash on to make an impact.

For wingers...assuming we can keep Mak, I think we need at least one more pure winger of at least his level of quality. Jairo is not it (he's made of glass). Rodrigues, I think, will have a breakout year next season...but we will need someone at least as good for our inevitable injuries/fatigue issues/suspensions. Korovesis is all right, but not starter quality. Pozoglou desperately needs to be loaned out - TO A FOREIGN CLUB, PLEASE.

For CF...I love Klaus, but I can't remember the last time he had a consistently good season. Do I need to say more? Koulouris probably should get loaned out as well. Depending on how the TD feels about Koulouris + having Klaus as #1, we might need some significant reinforcement here.

For RBs, we have Kitsiou and Skondras, with Konstantinidis possibly able to play two or three more matches before being permanently hospitalized. We're fine there too.

Dude.  This line only validates that you have your head up your ass.  We need a solid natural RB DESPERATELY.  Kitsiou and Skondras have both been terribly disappointing.

Pfft. I'm surprised you even had the attention span to read that far (I'm impressed). Did you have someone help you?

Kitsiou is the man. We aren't going to spend tens of millions on fullbacks. In fact, I'd be surprised if there's any major investment this summer at all - at most, we'll get a vague promise of a spree if we make the group stages (which we most likely won't).

https://www.milanlive.it/2016/06/01/calciomercato-milan-verdi-carpi-paok/ <-- Verdi apparently also has offers in Italy. I would be surprised if he'd choose Greece over even Serie B

http://www.pianetamilan.it/calciomercato/calciomercato-sirene-greche-per-verdi-ecco-chi-lo-vuole/ <-- also about Verdi, these guys seem to think we are somewhat likely to sign him. Seems Carpi has the right of first refusal on him, however.

Agree with most of your post pash. 
I'll dare to disagree with you on a few points. 

We 110% need a goalkeeper. Glyko, I feel is better than Vellidi (another inadequate panic buy) but for every great game Glyko has (Dortmund) there are times where he will cost you needless goals. If a ball comes from a corner near him, watch out. Near post he leaks a lot of goals too, more so then any GOOD keeper should. I'm content with him as a no.2 We need a very good keeper if we are talking about taking the next step, if we want to be half a chance in qualifying for the UCL or having a run in the Europa, you need a keeper who is gonna stand up and save you. Glykos could do that, but we don't know which pangioti will come to play. 

I also feel in midfield we are okay, between Xarisi/Tzioli/Kace/Cimirot as the holding midfielders and Pelka/Mystakidi as the attacking mids I think we are okay. Tziolis is okay, plays it safe will give some leadership to the younger guys in the middle of the park. It's youthful and energetic (minus tzioli of course) Keep Antonis for depth, I thought he showed glimpses when given a chance. 

The thing about the AM role, is that both seem to prefer Mistakidis as a sub (and usually then on the wings). If Pelkas is not "on," then we have a problem. A player that is at least Pereyra's level would have been wonderful this season.