Phantis Forums

Panaitolikos vs AEK

Original 21

We play Sunday against Panaitolikos in Agrinio which is always tough to play in. It's an early morning game, 3pm kickoff in Greece. It was nice to come away with an easy win against Panthrakikos so hopefully we'll make a new winning streak.

Hopefully Poyet goes with the 4-4-2 diamond that worked well yesterday. I'd start:

------------------------Baroja

Galo------Kolovetsios---Arzo-------Didac

------------------------Simoes-----------------

--------------Johanson-----Mantalos-------

---------------------Buononotte---------------

---------------Aravidis--------Pekhart-------

My only problem with this formation is that there really isn't a spot for Barbosa or Vargas.

Now that I think about it, Pekhart isn't that bad, he was bad yesterday but he did pretty decently in the other games. I see some things I like in him, mainly that he's a tall target man and is a pretty good ball distributer and ball control.

He can be useful in a game like this against a team that's going to defend for their lives. I'd still start him over Barbosa and Vargas in a position they really haven't played in at all, at least for a few more games. I could also see either of them starting over Diego, some tough decisions for Poyet to make.

Bravo re Original getting the topic opened early this week lol

I like the diamond formation he is trying now, one of my favourite formations, hopefully he continues to use it as we have the players to go through the middle of teams instead of always going out wide, gives us another dimension to our game.

With Vargas and Barbosa, one of them can be fit into it, Diego would most likely be dropped Mandalos goes to AM and then Barbosa or Vargas fill in that left diamond spot. I also wouldn't have Johanssen on the right diamond, although im sure he can play there but I would prefer Vargas or Barbosa on either side of the diamond.

Tricky game this one but seeing PAOK beat them 3-0 last week I am sure our boys can get the job done, need to keep winning to open up a bigger lead in the playoffs

F*** it, maybe it will fix this bourdello of a league, this is all the doings of the "hoolligans" from the top 4 teams, they have caused this, maybe if this ban happens, which I doubt will, maybe it will open up peoples' eyes and allow them to see what retards these hooligans are and may actually do something about it, It worked in England, although they are a more powerful country that can actually work up a plan and stick to it. Get ID cards in, cameras installed, anybody who is caught doing anything that will harm anyone should be banned indefinitely. 

At the end of the day our league is an embarrassment, from the bottom to the top.

- 1 team having won 18 of the last 20 titles - who would want to watch a league in which there is always 1 winner 99% of the time.

- Terrible officiating, and by terrible I mean horrific, some of the calls made about off-sides especially are really nothing short of embarrassing.

- Hooligans turning a game of football into all out war resulting in people not coming home alive from a football game. 

- Presidents getting too involved in what happens, in no other league that I am aware of do the presidents of the clubs have such power on the league, we have presidents bitching about each other in the media as if they are some sort of celebrities, imagine that happening in the Premier League? Abramovic and the owners of Arsenal, United, City and Liverpool saying s%$#! about eachother in the media,.....................

- The most embarrassing has to be a club president of the team that has won 18 of the last 20 titles is involved heavily and corruption and smuggling of heroin, has been charged and ordered to stay away from football and to report to a police station every 2 weeks, yet he is allowed to do as he wishes, that for me says it all about this league.

So maybe a ban from Europe will be a good thing, maybe Marinakis will get up and go be a criminal in some other organisation seen as the money will stop coming in due to no CL money. 

Maybe the hooligans will be dealt with in order to prevent such a ban taking place again.

Maybe the officiating will be fixed.

Too many maybes however, we all know nothing will happen, the ban will be overturned and things will continue as they were.

Heard the game on radio and we had a few half chances, they had a heap of chances and thankfully Baroja stood firm for us, but he cant do it all on his own. Shame we copped it that late. Djebbour killed us with his misses and Diego missed a sitter in the 90th minute which would've given us the game if we scored that.

Need to win our last few games so we can have a little gap in the playoffs on PAO as they are starting to find some form at the right time and we seem to be dropping our form at the wrong time.

As for the League, we all know its s%$#!. I hope Kontonis sticks to his word and doesn't buckle like he did before the season started, a ban from Europe wouldn't be a bad thing, I think it would help clean the league as people like Marinakis wont stick around if he isn't getting his CL money each season.

Heard the game on radio and we had a few half chances, they had a heap of chances and thankfully Baroja stood firm for us, but he cant do it all on his own. Shame we copped it that late. Djebbour killed us with his misses and Diego missed a sitter in the 90th minute which would've given us the game if we scored that.

Need to win our last few games so we can have a little gap in the playoffs on PAO as they are starting to find some form at the right time and we seem to be dropping our form at the wrong time.

As for the League, we all know its s%$#!. I hope Kontonis sticks to his word and doesn't buckle like he did before the season started, a ban from Europe wouldn't be a bad thing, I think it would help clean the league as people like Marinakis wont stick around if he isn't getting his CL money each season.

Marinaki could care less about a measly 20-30 mill, this ban would hurt Pao more than anyone I think that 4-5 mil of europa money is huge for them. Marinaki is not going anywhere you need to accept it and govern yourselves accordingly.