Phantis Forums

AEK- Panthrakikos

Original 21

Game on Monday at OAKA against one of the two worst teams in the league. I would say that this is probably the easiest game we have left all year, we need to win and build a new winning streak going into the playoffs. I would start something like this

-------------------------Anestis

Galo------Kolovetsios-----Tzanetopoulos---Didac

--------------------------Simoes---------------------------

--------------Cordero-----------Mantalos---------------

Aravidis--------------Pekhart-----------------Barbosa

Johanson might miss the game due to injury, as will Bakakis. I can't remember off of the top of my head who is suspended with cards for this game so the lineup I have might not even be possible.

He went with Baroja Galo Arzo Kolovetsios Soileids Simoes Cordero Mantalos BUONONOTTE Pekhart and Aravidis.

It looks like a 4-4-2 Diamond with Diego behind Pekhart and Aravidis. I like it, testing a new formation against a really bad team, hopefully Diego takes the opportunity to play in his true position and show us some magic.

However I'm upset he went with Arzo again instead of Labropoulos or Tzanetopoulos.

Not too bothered about the 3-0, no point wasting precious gasoline at this late stage of the rounds, 3-0 up and the win in the pocket, save the gas for the remaining games and the play-offs.

Any word on the injuries, hopefilly Kolo is not a long term injury.

Bravo to Aravas and Diego.

Saw highlights and some good goals scored and great to see Poyet try the 4-4-2 diamond, love that formation. Pekhart hasn't impressed me much either, we really do need a gun striker, lacking big time in this department and hopefully Poyet brings someone in with more quality than what we got. Currently we have a 2 point lead on PAO in the playoff standings, (AEK 3 PAO 1) would be good if we can make it a 3 point lead just to have some breathing space from them.

Good to get the win, I've got no problem with them dropping the tempo. Good that Johansson got a rest. It shows where we are with strikers, Chrisantus was on our bench last night :( We must sign a quality striker in the summer! Must!

Did anyone watch the game? I saw Bougaidis played for them? How did he play? Looking at the remaining games we'll be lucky to have a two point advantage over Pao. They have very winnable games, only hard game is away to Asteras. If we win 3 of our games and beat Panionios there is a good chance we will start with 4 points. Such a stupid system!!