Phantis Forums

GK-SF-L1: PAOK - Olympiakos (02-Mar-16, 19:30 GR)

Blackhawk

If Savvidis want to be really cynical (or clever) and assuming he truly knows the refereeing is corrupt but just can't quite prove it, his best course of action is to find 100 of the biggest prezonia PAOK has to offer (now that would be an interesting competition since I'm sure we have many suitable candidates) and pay them to be fake Olympiakos supporters in Athens.  Get them to make trouble and get the game abandoned in Athens.  Go on Savvidis, have a go ya mug!

• Like it 1

I agree Reaper, if he sticks to his word it is a huge statement and many teams will find it in themselves to do the same if theyre ever in this situation...

What gets me is they get the penalty it goes 2-2 and Oly still have the bigger advantage with 2 away goals and playing at home, instead this happened and I don't blame PAOK fans for the way they acted, yes its not right but being on the receiving end of this s%$#! time after time it would make you snap

Penalties that aren't penalties are given all the time.  Penalties that are penalties fail to be given all the time.  You can't just say I'm taking my team and not playing because we don't like the refereeing.  If everyone did that, there would be no league left.  Go Savvidis, go be the sacrificial lamb.  Problem is now, he's spoken rashly in the heat of the moment and will look silly either way.  He's cornered himself.

Problem is now, he's spoken rashly in the heat of the moment and will look silly either way.  He's cornered himself.

He can always compromise. By sending a full squad from the U21 (or even lower) the club wouldn't risk any timoria from the epo but it would still be a protest. This way Savvidis would save his face.

For the life of me I never understood the logic in burning down YOUR OWN stadium.  :ph34r:

Doesnt matter whose stadium it is........ you're setting fire to the place where you are, WITH VERY LITTLE CHANCE TO GET OUT IF IT GOES WRONG

• Like it 1

I'd be pissed too if i was a youth in Greece.

The country is F***ed and the football is supposed to be a place to get away from it all, but they go there and its the same f***en s%$#!

What you're saying is sort of correct, but what happened here in australia when a lot of our clubs were kicked out of the national league. I didn't riot and rip s%$#! up. If I want to watch a game of football I will go and watch my local team or go and play, I wont go to the FFA and set it alight

If the riots at Leoforo and the subsequent investigation described here* taught us anything, it is that many of these 'hooligans' are actually professional marxist criminals previously convicted of arson (explains the constant stadium burnings), criminal damage, robbery rioting during leftist marches, narcotics trading and attacks on police and the 'system.' 

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:

OH I don't think it will be to this extent, yes we will always have corruption in the game it happens everywhere BUT the way its become in Greece now is a disgrace..

Everyone in EPO should leave right away, they should've left after we lost twice to Faroe Islands the mounia that they are, I wouldn't put it past them if they sold the matches to Faroe because as 26-1 these Greeks would sell their mother........

F*** the World Cup qualifiers, time to set up an anti corruption agency to clean Greek football. Hopefully filled by foreigners who have a good proven track record.

Let Fifa kick us out for two or four years. Its not like were  going to qualify anyway, at-least we could ensure that future "real" talents will have an real opportunity to develop. Its not just the super league that's messed up, the whole system is kindly F***ed. Kids getting into bigger teams just because they know somebody. Olympiakos bribing refs is just an icing to the cake.

Edited by Nilaul

time to set up an anti corruption agency to clean Greek football. Hopefully filled by foreigners who have a good proven track record.

Hugh Dallas was brought in and people chased him out.

send the under 15s then ask them to just stand there. See what the oly players do

Now that would be some spectacle.  Far superior to not sending your team.  And the reason is ....... it would be on the media all around the world.

• Like it 1

Hugh Dallas was brought in and people chased him out.

This can only really happen if there's an agency set up by the parliament, ignoring what FIFA says. Suppose there's a bigger chance while Syriza is at helm.

Does the Greek government has to review online petitions if they reach a certain threshold (aka what Britain and USA do) ?

Edited by Nilaul

Now that would be some spectacle.  Far superior to not sending your team.  And the reason is ....... it would be on the media all around the world.

Also it would give some experience to the young players.

• Like it 1

When club officials behave as shown above, it is no wonder the fans act the way they do. Greek "mangies".

Mangia klania.  The reaction is pure Greek village mentality.  Do we really expect Savvidis or anyone to follow through ?  The usual will happen.  Points deductions, fines, game bans.  Maybe they'll deduct points from our play-offs initial value like previously.  I did enjoy that particular knife in the back.