Phantis Forums

Iraklis vs AEK

Original 21

Didnt have much to do tbh, lack of balls coming in, not his fault, read the corner well and was at the right spot at the right time to head in to an open net at the back post.

His mobility isnt the worst for a giant. Tracks back a good bit, but Poyet wanted him to stay up front. Definitely a step up to Djebbour.

It was insulting that this game was played. We are lucky that none of our players were seriously injured and in all honesty our squad is notches above Irakli's as far as quality. This was the only way they would get a tie. Wasn't the gauro game not played last year on a much better pitch in Livadia? 

No matter the result that game shouldn't have been played, the pitch was terrible and player safety wasn't taken into account, typical Greece.

Now to the game, we did ok but was hard to play football on that pitch, everytime our guys had the ball and made a pass I would have heart attacks thinking the ball wouldn't find their man as it would hold up on the pitch, that's how bad it was.

Good to see Pekhart open his account for us, well taken goal.

As for the goal we copped, we can blame Baroja of course but again the pitch did him no favours, overall a draw isn't a bad result there but if does feel like 2 points dropped.

Not the end of the world and thankfully PAO drew today which still gives us a 4 point lead on them, beat them next week and I think it will be safe to say 2nd spot will be ours.

Very bad conditions, can't believe the game was played. Huge game next week. If we win second should be ours. It's important to be as many points clear for the playoffs though. Can someone remind me how the point allocation system works for the playoffs?

Yiasou Original, thought it was something like that just didn't remember exactly how it worked, so really our main aim is to get as many points as possible so we have a big gap from 5th. Currently we start on 2 points, need to start on minimum 4 points in case of any early hiccups in the playoffs.....

I think the teams as they are will be in the playoffs, Tripoli has a massive run of games coming up and I cant see them over taking Panionios.

Edited by Original Sydney

It is a stupid concept and stupid system. Let's say hypothetically we finish 17 points clear of 5th, 14 points clear of 4th and 9 points clear of 3rd. It would look like this...

AEK - 3 points

X - 2 points

Y - 1 point

Z - 0

How can you finish basically 3, 5 and 6 wins clear of 2,3 and 4 and only start with a one point lead? What's the point of playing the season? This is not because I support AEK, if any team was in the same position I would feel the same. It should be 1 point for every 3 points you are clear of 5th!!! I think that's what it was last season when we played off to get promoted?